Brother HL-1030 Printer, size: 1.3 MB
600 dpi x 600 dpi, A4, Parallel
Brother HL 1030 features true 600 dpi printing that produces pin sharp quality print output at up to 10 ppm. The unique Straight Paper Path Technology ensures smooth, crumple-free printing on a wide range of media types and weights. Brother HL 1030 is a fast printer, utilizing a powerful packed controller that provides an extremely fast output. Optimized first page output is less than 15 seconds. Brother's own data compression minimizes RAM consumption and gives a fast return to application,... Read more
[ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Brother HL-1030 photo ]
User reviews and opinions
|porcosuino||12:46pm on Saturday, October 30th, 2010|
|Brother support techs lied directly about the power consumption problem and were evasive about providing information on the rapid failure of the toner... fast shipping by new egg: ordered Wednesday evening, received Friday afternoon.|
|Panther||3:22pm on Wednesday, October 20th, 2010|
|"If money was an issue i wouldnt recommend this printer, the ethernet port quit working less than a year after i purchsed it. It jams very very often,...|
|Ken.||11:30pm on Sunday, October 3rd, 2010|
|Inexpensive, Linux compatible Curls the paper The price, acceptable quality for printing text, speed, compact size and substantial paper tray holder. Quality of anything other than black text.|
|jpskipworth||7:16pm on Friday, October 1st, 2010|
|This is a good printer, for the price that it sells at. It is great for domestic use and for casual induvidual use. Even though i willingly bought the printer, i did have my doubts about how well it will print. I dont have any doubts anymore. This printer is great.|
|minacross||2:21pm on Friday, October 1st, 2010|
|Great for college Before freshman year started, my parents and I bought this printer along with a laptop so that I could take it to college. Excellent, except... I have been using this unit for about three months and have been generally satisfied with it. The only problem is paper curl. A warehouse work-horse that lasted for years.|
|Plumperquatsch||4:48am on Tuesday, September 14th, 2010|
|I paid a high dollar for this printer $179 as I ordered it from a printer shop and not on line. I used the custom load feature so I can use any paper.|
|peder||11:19pm on Wednesday, September 1st, 2010|
|The Brother HL-2040 is an inexpensive, fast, noncolor laser printer for a home or business. It isdecent at printing text and so-so at graphics.|
|fidogesiwuj||7:13pm on Wednesday, July 14th, 2010|
|Good clear prints, fast, efficient Noise I bought the 1030 about a year ago and have since printed over 50. I bought this printer about three years ago because I wanted a machine that would produce good quality black and white prints.|
|peelseel2||4:09am on Thursday, June 10th, 2010|
|"This was a highly recommended printer for home office users; the print quality and speed were good, though not out of the ordinary. "This printer was selected for a ticket printing application for a small commercial business. Product is very duarble in daily use of 100-300 sheets. "I was tired of going through inkjet cartridges. I purchased this printer for home and school use.|
|KSJ||3:14pm on Friday, April 30th, 2010|
|No Comment. Great inexpensive laser printer. A little slow. Toner cartridges are expensive. This is the 4th Brother Laser Printer I've purchased. All different models and they are great, reliable.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
Fixing stage The image transferred to the paper by static electricity is fixed by heat and pressure when passing through the heat roller and the pressure roller in the fixing unit. The thermistor keeps the surface temperature of the heat roller constant by detecting the surface temperature of the heat roller and turning on or off the halogen heater lamp.
Heat roller Thermistor
First eject roller
CHAPTER 4 DISASSEMBLY AND RE-ASSEMBLY
DISASSEMBLY AND RE-ASSEMBLY
To avoid creating secondary problems by mishandling, follow the warnings and precautions below during maintenance work.
(1) Always turn off the power switch and unplug the power cord from the power outlet before accessing any parts inside the printer. (2) Some parts inside the printer are extremely hot immediately after the printer is used. When opening the front cover or rear cover to access any parts inside the printer, never touch the red colored parts shown in the following figures.
(1) Be careful not to lose screws, washers, or other parts removed. (2) Be sure to apply grease to the gears and applicable positions specified in this chapter. (3) When using soldering irons or other heat-generating tools, take care not to accidentally damage parts such as wires, PCBs and covers. (4) Before handling any PCBs, touch a metal portion of the equipment to discharge any static electricity charge on your body, or the electronic parts or components may be damaged. (5) When transporting PCBs, be sure to wrap them in the correct protective packaging. (6) Be sure to replace self-tapping screws correctly, if removed. Unless otherwise specified, tighten screws to the following torque values. TAPTITE, BIND or CUP B M3: 70N cm M4: 80N cm TAPTITE, CUP S M3: 80N cm SCREW M3: 70N cm M4: 80N cm (7) When connecting or disconnecting cable connectors, hold the connector body, not the cables. If the connector has a lock, release the connector lock first to release it. (8) After a repair, check not only the repaired portion but also all connectors. Also check that other related portions are functioning properly before operational checks.
(hook (B)) Rear cover
(hook (A)) Rear cover Fig. 4-20
(5) Turn the top cover upside down and remove the second eject roller ASSY by lifting the middle of the roller upwards until the roller releases from the cover.
Second eject roller ASSY
Be sure to wear a pair of gloves when handling the main cover since its sharp edges may hurt you. (1) Remove the two M3x8 Taptite screws from the rear of the main cover. (2) Release the hooks at the right and left hand top sides of the printer, then, while pulling the cover outwards to clear the power socket and switch, lift up the main cover to remove it complete with the rear cover.
Rear cover (hook)
(3) Bend the tray extension flap upwards slightly to remove the tray extension flap.
Tray extension flap
Main cover Fig. 4-23
(4) Release the rear cover springs Left and Right from the hooks on the main cover. (5) Remove the rear cover complete with the rear cover springs Left and Right from the main cover. (6) Remove the four pinch rollers and four pinch roller springs by moving them to the vertical and then removing them by lifting them upwards.
Step (6) Pinch roller
Pinch roller spring Rear cover
Rear cover spring R/L
(1) Remove the three M3x16 Taptite screws. (2) Push the P harness cover to the right to release it from the hook and remove the P harness cover. (3) Disconnect the LD harness and the polygon motor connector. (4) Taking care not to touch the lens and mirror, remove the laser unit.
LD harness Taptite, cup M3x16 Polygon motor harness
Taptite, cup M3x16 Laser unit Polygon motor harness Taptite, cup M3x16
P harness cover
Never touch the reflect mirror and lens inside the laser unit. If there is any dirt or dust on the mirror or lens, blow it off using an air gun. Never touch the scanner window on the printer body. If there is any dirt or dust on the window, blow it off using an air gun. If cleaning the underside of the scanner window, wipe off dirt or dust with soft clean paper. Refer to subsection 3.3 Cleaning the Scanner Window in CHAPTER 5.
Taptite, cup M3x6 Taptite, cup M3x6 Manufacturer sticker side
Fan motor ASSY
NOTE: When re-assembling the fan motor, fix the harness into the groove on the motor, then fix the motor onto the bosses.
Fan cover Fan motor
(groove) Fig. 4-64
3.19 Toner Sensor PCB ASSY (Light Emission)
NOTE: Be sure to disconnect the toner sensor (light emission) connector on the engine PCB before removing the toner sensor PCB ASSY (light emission). (1) Release the hooks of the toner sensor PCB ASSY (light emission) and remove it.
Toner sensor PCB ASSY (light emission) (hooks)
(hook) Fig. 4-65
3.20 Toner Sensor PCB ASSY (Light Reception)
NOTE: Be sure to disconnect the toner sensor (light reception) connector on the engine PCB before removing the toner sensor PCB ASSY (light reception). (1) Remove the one M3x6 Taptite screw and release the hooks, then remove the toner sensor PCB ASSY (light reception).
Toner sensor PCB ASSY (light reception)
3.21 Paper Pick-up Roller ASSY
NOTE: Be sure to remove all the covers and the base plate before removing the paper pick-up roller ASSY. (1) Place the main frame upside down. (2) Unhook the hook to remove the inner gear 54, gear 45 and gear 20 from the main frame. (3) Remove the bearing from the paper pick-up roller shaft. (4) Release the hook on the bearing at the other side of the shaft and remove the paper pickup roller ASSY and the shaft from the main frame.
Gear 54 Paper pick-up roller ASSY Gear 45 Gear 20 Step (4) Bearing (hook)
Paper pick-up roller ASSY
(5) Remove the bearing and the paper pick-up roller ASSY from the shaft.
Paper pick-up roller shaft Bearing
Paper pick-up roller ASSY Fig. 4-68
3.22 Paper Feed Roller ASSY
NOTE: Be sure to remove all the covers and the PCBs before removing the paper feed roller ASSY. (1) Unhook the black plastic hook on the shaft to remove gear 21.
The plastic hook holding gear 21 will break easily if it is not fully released before the gear is pulled to remove it. Ensure that the hook is fully released BEFORE attempting to remove gear 21. (2) Turn the main frame the right way up. (3) Unhook the hook on the bearing, then slightly slide the paper feed roller ASSY to the drive unit side. (4) Lift up and remove the paper feed roller with the bearing and joint and remove the bearing and joint from the paper feed roller ASSY.
Causes & countermeasures The causes for paper jam problems vary depending on the location of the paper jam. When a paper jam occurs inside the printer, you have to find the location of the paper jam first, remove the jammed paper and then take the appropriate countermeasure referring to the table below; Problem Type of Jam Paper stuck Cause The front registration sensor or paper eject sensor is turned on. Remedy Remove the paper inside the printer. If there is no paper, check the suspect sensors referring to NOTE. Check front registration sensor motion referring to NOTE. Check the front registration sensor referring to NOTE.
Jam when the printer is turned on.
Top of paper stopped at 230mm from the second exit roller. Next paper is not fed. Bottom of paper stopped around the transfer roller.
Jam caused by paper length detected as longer than 400mm (16 in). Jam caused by paper length detected as shorter than 80mm.
The front registration sensor is not returning properly and is not turning off. The front registration sensor was turned off early. Malfunction of actuator or hardware noise. Paper was not fed in at the proper timing due to paper dust or wear of the rubber pick-up roller. The paper eject sensor is not working properly and has not turned off. (single printing) The surface of the separation pad or the pick-up roller is dirty or worn out.
Top of paper stopped between the paper feed roller and the pick-up roller. Top of paper stopped at 35mm from the contact point of the heat roller and pressure roller. Top of paper stopped at 30 - 40mm from the contact point of the heat roller and pressure roller. Jammed paper is not printed at all. Jam after paper is ejected.
Jam caused by a paper feed delay.
Remove the paper dust attached to the pick-up roller. If the rubber is worn out, replace it with a new one. Check sensor motion referring to NOTE.
Jam caused by the paper sensed as not being ejected from the paper eject sensor. Jam caused by incorrect paper pick up.
1) Clean the surface of the separation pad or pick-up roller. 2) Replace the separation pad or pick-up roller. Check sensor motion referring to NOTE.
Jam caused by the paper sensed as not being ejected from the paper eject sensor.
The paper eject sensor or front registration sensor is not working properly and has not turned off. (continuous printing)
Black and blurred vertical streaks
User Check (1) Clean the corona wire in the drum unit. (2) Check that the corona wire cleaner is at the home position. (3) Check that the toner cartridge is not empty. (4) The drum unit may be damaged. Install a new drum unit. (5) The toner cartridge may be damaged. Install a new toner cartridge.
Check Is the vertical block streak about 10mm wide? (Check if the wire cleaner is at its home position.) Is the paper cassette or feed system on the drum unit dirty with toner? Is the drum surface scratched? Is the drum surface dirty with toner in streaks? Is the surface of the heat roller scratched?
Remedy Return the wire cleaner to its home position.
Dirt in the paper feed system Scratch on the drum Cleaning failure Scratch on the heat roller NOTE:
Clean the toner off.
Yes Yes Yes
Replace the drum unit. Replace the drum unit. Replace the fixing unit.
If you print the same pattern continuously, the drum will be worn and black vertical streaks will appear on the paper. This problem may occur with noise due to the corona wire being dirty. In that case, clean the corona wire with the wire cleaner.
Black and blurred horizontal stripes
User Check (1) The drum unit may be damaged. Install a new drum unit. (2) Check the paper used meets the recommended paper specifications. (3) Clean the printer interior and the corona wire in the drum unit.
Possible cause Scratch on the drum
Check Are the horizontal stripes at 94mm (photosensitive drum) intervals? Are the horizontal stripes at 39mm (developer roller) intervals?
Remedy The photosensitive drum was scratched. Replace the drum unit. After printing several pages, the problem will disappear. If not, replace the toner cartridge. Replace the heat roller. Clean both electrodes.
Toner stuck on the developer roller
Scratch on the heat roller Corona contact failure High-voltage power supply PCB failure
Are the horizontal stripes at 79mm (heat roller) intervals? Are the charge electrodes between the printer body and the drum unit dirty? Is the problem solved after replacing the high-voltage power supply PCB?
Replace the highvoltage power supply PCB.
Black vertical streaks (in a gray background)
Possible cause Translucent stain on the scanner window
Check Is there any dirt on the scanner window?
Remedy 1) Clean the scanner window. 2) If it is not effective, replace the laser unit.
Is the corona wire dirty?
Clean the corona wire with the wire cleaner.
White vertical streaks
User Check (1) Try to wipe the scanner window with a soft cloth. (2) The toner cartridge may be damaged. Install a new toner cartridge. (3) Check the printers environment. High temperature and high humidity conditions can cause this problem. (4) Damp (wet) paper might be used. Try to change to freshly unpacked paper.
Remedy 1) If toner or glue remains stuck, wipe it off gently with a cotton swab. (Refer to NOTE in the previous page.) 2) If the photosensitive drum is scratched or deteriorated (exposed), replace the drum unit. 1) Check and clean the heat roller with a cloth dampened with alcohol. 2) Replace the fixing unit. Replace the high-voltage power supply PCB.
Are the spots at 79mm intervals? (The problem is not solved after printing a few pages.) Is the problem solved after replacing the high-voltage power supply PCB?
High-voltage power supply PCB failure
Check Is the wire cleaner at its home position? Is the corona wire dirty?
Remedy Return the wire cleaner to its home position. 1) Clean the corona wire. 2) If the problem still appears after cleaning, replace the drum unit.
Possible cause Print paper
Check Does the paper being used meet the paper specification (weight, etc.).
Remedy Recommend to use the specified types of paper. Recommend to change to freshly unpacked paper. Toner sensor failure. Clean the toner sensor and check the toner sensor connection. Replace the toner cartridge. Replace the drum unit. Replace the high-voltage power supply PCB.
Yes Toner sensing failure (printer side) Toner cartridge failure Drum unit failure 2 Is Ready LED on even after removing the drum unit and toner cartridge? Is the problem solved after replacing the toner cartridge? Is the problem solved after replacing the drum unit? Yes
NOTE: The following cases increase the possibility of this problem.
Acid paper is being used. The drum unit is at the end of its life. There is dust or paper powder.
User Check (1) Check the paper used meets the recommended paper specifications. (2) Select the Thick paper mode in the printer driver, or use thinner paper than you are currently using. (3) Check the printers environment, conditions such as high humidity may cause this situation to occur.
Check Is thick paper of more than 43lb being used or extremely rough surface paper?
Remedy Recommend to use the specified types of paper. Refer and compare with I-15.
Downward fogging of solid black
Possible cause Toner cartridge failure High-voltage power supply PCB failure
Check Is the problem solved after replacing the toner cartridge? Is the problem solved after replacing the high-voltage power supply PCB?
Unable to print full pages of a document with the PRINT OVERRUN message.
User Check (1) Press the panel button to print the data remaining in the printer. (2) If this does not clear the error, reduce the complexity of your document or reduce the printer resolution. (3) Expand the printer memory by adding a commercially available SIMM. (HL-1250/1270N only) (4) Change the following setting in the printer driver and try again. The best combination of settings below will vary depending on your document. (HL-1250/1270N only) Graphic Mode / TrueTypeTM mode / Use Printer TrueTypeTM Fonts. NOTE: This problem may appear if the data is too complex. If it is not cleared by taking the actions above, it will be impossible to print such data under the printer specifications.
Unable to print full pages of a document with the MEMORY FULL message.
User Check (1) Press the panel button to print the data remaining in the printer. (2) Reduce the complexity of your document or reduce the printer resolution. (3) Expand the printer memory by adding a commercially available SIMM. (HL-1250/1270N only) NOTE: This problem may appear if the data is too complex. For the HL-1240 printer, if it is not cleared by taking the actions above, it will be impossible to print such data under the printer specifications. For the HL-1250/1270N printer, take the following procedures. <For HL-1250/1270N only> Possible cause Unable to recognize SIMM Step 1 Check Check the memory size in Print Configuration. Is it the default size? Result Yes Remedy Expand the memory size by adding SIMM. If the memory is already at the maximum size, it will be impossible to print the data under the printer specifications. Yes Replace the SIMM.
SIMM / main PCB failure
Try installing SIMM into another printer, then check the memory size in Print Configuration. Is it possible to print the data?
Headers or footers are not printed out even though they are viewed on PC screen.
User Check Most laser printers have a restricted area that cannot be printed on. Usually the first two lines and last two lines of text cannot print (leaving 62 printable lines). Adjust the top and bottom margins in your document to allow for this.
The printer prints the first couple of pages correctly, then some pages have text missing.
User Check (For connecting by RS-232C/422A on HL-1250 only) A problem related to serial interface setting. The PC is not recognizing the printers input buffer full signal. Causes could be incorrect serial cable (incorrectly wired or too long) or incorrect setting of the computer serial interface.
(3) If you cannot make any of the connections in step (2), check the following: a) Make sure the printer is turned on and on-line. b) Verify that the cabling and network connection are good. If possible, try the print server on a different connection on the network. Also, print out a Configuration page to see if you can see any Network Statistics information. c) Check to see if there is any LED activity. The print server has three LEDs. These can be used to diagnose problems. L- LED (green): Link activity This LED is on if there is a valid connection to the network (either 10BaseT or 100BaseTX). It is off if no network is detected. F-LED (orange): Fast Ethernet This LED will be on if the print server is connected to a 100BaseTX Fast Ethernet network. It is off if the print server is connected to a 10BaseT network. A-LED (green): Transmission Activity This LED will blink synchronized to the transmission or receive status. (4) If you are using a repeater or hub, make sure that SQE (heartbeat) is turned off at the hub. Also, if you have a hub or multi-port repeater, verify that the hub or repeater port is good by trying the print server on a different port. (5) If you have a bridge or router located between the print server and host computer, make sure that the device is set up to allow the print server to send and receive data from the host. For example, a bridge can be set up to only allow certain types of Ethernet addresses to pass through (a process known as filtering); therefore, such a bridge must be configured to allow Brother print server addresses. Likewise, a router can be set up to pass only certain protocols, so be sure that the desired protocol can be passed through to the print server. (6) If the job exits the queue but does not print, make sure that you are not trying to print a text job to a PostScript printer. If you have a printer that is capable of automatic language switching, make sure that the printer is not forced into PostScript mode.
If the print server and printer start up OK, but you intermittently have problems printing, check the following: (1) If you can print small jobs but large graphics jobs are distorted or incomplete, make sure that you have adequate memory in your printer and the latest printer driver installed on your computer. The latest Brother printer drivers can be downloaded from www.brother.com. (2) Check the individual protocol troubleshooting sections in this chapter for additional causes of intermittent printer problems.
If you are using TCP/IP and cannot print to the print server and you have checked the hardware and network as described in the previous steps, then check the following: NOTE: It is always a good idea to try the following in order to eliminate the possibility of setup errors.
Turn off the printer and then again, Delete and recreate the print server and create a new print queue in order to eliminate the possibility of setup errors.
(1) The problem may be the result of mismatched or duplicate IP address. Verify that the IP address is correctly loaded into the print server (via the configuration page). Make sure that no other nodes on the network have this address (DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS ARE THE BIGGEST CAUSE OF TCP/IP PRINTING PROBLEMS). (2) If you used BRCONFIG to enter the IP address, make sure that you exited the remote console properly with a CTRL-D or EXIT and that you turned the printer off and then again (it may take up to two minutes for the IP address to take effect). (3) Make sure that the TCP/IP protocol of the print server is enabled. (4) If you used rarp, make sure that you started the rarp daemon on any workstation using the rarpd, rarpd-a, or equivalent command. Verify that the /etc/ethers file contains the correct Ethernet address and that the print server name matches the name in the /etc/hosts file. (5) If you used bootp, make sure that you started the bootp deamon on any UNIX workstation and bootp is enabled (i.e., the # is removed from the bootp entry) in the /etc/bootptab file is correctly configured. (6) Also verify that host computer and the print server are on the same subnet, if the printer is on a different subnet, make sure that the router is configured correctly and ensure that the GATEWAY address is configured to match the IP address of the router.
(1) Make sure that the /etc/printcap file (if applicable) is typed in correctly. In particular, look for missing ":" and "\" characters, because a small error anywhere in the file can have major consequences. Also check the /usr/spool directory to make sure that you have created a valid spool directory. (2) If you are using a Linux operating system, the X-Window Print tool program that is included with Linux may not properly configure the etc/printcap file for lpd operation, then you might also edit the etc/printcap file and change the following line in the entry for the printer. if :lp = /dev/null: \ then to :lp = :\ (3) If you are using a Berkeley-based UNIX, make sure that the daemon is started on Berkeley based systems with the command lpc start printer, where printer is the name of the local print queue.
(4) If you are using an AT&T-based UNIX, make sure the printer is enabled (enable printer, where printer is the name of the local print queue). (5) Make sure that the lpr/lpd remote line printer service are running on the host computer (refer to your host computer documentation for information on how to do this). (6) If you are having trouble printing more than one job at a time, try increasing the IP timeout using the SET IP TIMEOUT command or using BRAdmin32. (7) If text or PCL jobs are run together, try setting the service (remote printer) with EOT set to string number 2 (<ESC>E). For example: SET SERVICE BRN_xxxxxx_P1 EOT 2 (8) If PostScript jobs fail to print or are run together, try setting the service (remote printer) with EOT set to string number 3 (control-D). For example: SET SERVICE BRN_xxxxxx_P1 EOT 3 (9) If the lines of a text file are staggered, make sure that you have specified a remote printer (rp) name of TEXT in your /etc/printcap file. (10) If you are using Sun Solaris V2.4 or earlier, there is a bug which causes long print jobs to fail when using a print server. If you are having trouble printing long jobs (over 1MB), add the line mx#0 to your etc/printcap file entry.
(8) Close the front cover. (9) Continue to press the control panel button. Check that the Data LED stays OFF. (10) Release the panel button. (11) If all the sensors except the toner sensor are correct, the printer goes back to the Ready status. If any error is detected, the printer stays in the inspection mode. NOTE: If the printer goes back to the Ready status after the toner sensor does not detect the drum unit, the printer starts to recognize the main motor.
1. SERIAL NO. DESCRIPTIONS
The descriptions below show how to understand the meanings of the numbers printed on the labels or bag of the printer and printer parts. < ID for production month > A: E: J: January May September B: F: K: February June October C: G: L: March July November D: H: M: April August December
< ID for factory > 9: J: Kariya Plant A: Buji Nan Ling Factory Mie Brother C: BIUK
(1) Printer.printed on the label attached on the rear of the main body
<MODEL NO.> < SERIAL NO. >
SEQUENTIAL NO. FACTORY ID NO. YEAR MONTH
(2) Process unit.imprinted on the aluminum bag (Drum unit with toner cartridge)
YEAR MONTH DATE
FACTORY ID NO.
(3) Drum unit.printed on the bar code label attached inside the drum unit
MONTH YEAR SERIAL NO. FACTORY ID NO.
35 7RQHU FDUWULGJHLPSULQWHG RQ WKH DOXPLQXP EDJ
<($5 0217+ '$7(
)$&725< ,' 12
SULQWHG RQ WKH EDU FRGH ODEHO DWWDFKHG RQ WKH WRQHU FDUWULGJH
&$575,'*( 352'8&7,21 ,1)2
6(5,$/ 12 )$&725< ,' 12
/DVHU XQLW RQ WKH ODVHU XQLW
'$7( 12 ,' 12 +/1 )$&725< ,' 12 %XML 1DQ /LQJ )DFWRU\
2. DIAMETER / CIRCUMFERENCE OF ROLLERS
The diameter and circumference of each roller are listed below;
No. 5 6
Parts Name Paper Feed Roller Transfer Roller Photosensitive Drum Heat Roller Pressure Roller Development Roller
Diameter (Circumference) 14.0 mm (44.0 mm) 15.20 mm (47.7 mm) 29.97 mm (94.1 mm) 25.0 mm (78.5 mm) 20.0 mm (62.8 mm) 20.0 mm (39.0 mm)
3. PRINT SPEEDS WITH VARIOUS SETTINGS
Print speed of the HL-1240/1250/1270N printers is up to 12 ppm when loading A4 or Letter size paper from the paper cassette in the Regular mode. Actual print speed varies depending on the media type or paper size as shown in the tables below; <A4 or Letter size> Media type setting Transparency Thin Paper Regular Thick Paper Thicker/Bond Paper All models up to 12 ppm up to 12 ppm up to 12 ppm up to 12 ppm A4: 3 ppm / Letter: 3 ppm or more
Page counter and drum counter are printed here.
NOTE: The descriptions printed in Print Configuration vary depending on the printer models or countries.
Test Print (for HL-1030 only)
(1) Turn on the power switch of the printer while pressing the printer control panel button. (2) Release the panel button when the Drum LED comes on. (3) Press the panel button again and release it when the Drum LED comes on. (4) Print the Test Print page. The page counter and drum counter are printed at the bottom of the Test Print. (Refer to the figure below.) Note that the drum counter is an actual page counter after a new drum unit is replaced, and may be different from the drum unit life shown in the drum life bar. For details, see Section 2 How to Read the Drum Unit Life. <Sample - HL-1030 for Europe>
Page counter and drum counter are printed here. Fig. A-2
NOTE: The descriptions printed in Test Print vary depending on the country.
How to Read the Drum Unit Life
The drum unit life is shown by the bar at the bottom of Print Configuration or Test Print as follows; It initially indicates 100% and gradually decreases. It indicates 0% when the Drum LED is on. It stays at 0% even if further printing is done.
99.4% 00000090909090909 MZ-L160003F000000
The drum unit life is based on the page counter. If the average number of drum rotations is more than the number of drum rotations in non-continuous printing, however, the drum unit life is counted by the number of drum rotations. Since the drum counter printed in Print Configuration (HL-1240/1250/1270N) or Test Print (HL1030) is an actual page counter after a new drum unit is replaced, the drum unit life may be different from the drum counter. For details on the difference between the drum unit life and drum counter, refer to the drum unit life calculation below; <How to calculate drum unit life> **Printing time for 1 page/job in discontinuous printing = 14 seconds (Page counter reduced by the number of drum rotations) = (Time of motor rotation) (14 sec.) Example: Cold start (Idling for 6 sec.) 1 page/job 2 pages/job 16 pages/job (6 + 14) / 14 = 1.43 (6 + 14 + 5) / 14 = 1.79 (6 + 14 + 5 x 15) / 14 = 6.79 Hot start 14 / 14 = 1 (14 + 5) / 14 = 1.36 (14 + 5 x 15) / 14 = 6.36 Page counter 16
If printing 1 page per job with cold start, the drum unit life is decreased earlier. NOTE: For information on how to understand the numbers on the right below the bar, see the following sections, 4. How to Read the Page Counter and 5. How to Read the Maintenance Information.
How to Read the Page Counter
The page counter is shown at the right upper corner in Print Configuration (HL1240/1250/1270N), or at the bottom center in Test Print (HL-1030). It is also shown in the upper line on the right below the drum life bar and indicates the number of printed pages in units of 1 and 1,000. Value in units of 1 The hexadecimal value stored in NV-RAM is printed. Example: 000000E0D0D0D0D0D 00 0E 0D 0D 0D 0D 0D
Engine PCB Fig. A- 16
T/R electrode helical spring / Chute The size of the T/R electrode helical spring is different between the old and new versions. While the spring is assembled onto the big boss on the plastic chute for the old version, it is assembled onto much smaller boss on the chute for the new version. Note that the assembled position of the spring is also different. Old version New version
Fig. A- 17
TONER CARTRIDGE WEIGHT INFORMATION
Toner Cartridge Weight (approx weight)
TN6300 / TN430 Brand new Toner Cartridge Weight Toner Weight at Brand New Toner Cartridge Toner Cartridge Weight at Toner Near Empty Remain Toner Weight at Toner Near Empty Toner Cartridge Weight at Toner Empty 775 g 145 5g 720 ~ 725 g 90 ~ 95 g 710 ~ 715 g TN6600 / TNg 190 5g 720 ~ 725 g 90 ~ 95 g 710 ~ 715 g 80 ~ 85 g
Remain Toner Weight at Toner Empty 80 ~ 85 g You can print 500 ~ 600 pages with 10g toner.
* Without yellow protector * Toner cartridge weight may vary within g depending on the cartridge weight.
Appendix 24. Main PCB Circuit Diagram, HL-1250/1270/1270N (NEW) (1/5)
LJ8327001 B512115CIR (1/5) A - 35
Appendix 25. Main PCB Circuit Diagram, HL-1250/1270/1270N (NEW) (2/5)
LJ8327001 B512115CIR (2/5) A - 36
Appendix 26. Main PCB Circuit Diagram, HL-1250/1270/1270N (NEW) (3/5)
LJ8327001 B512115CIR (3/5) A - 37
Appendix 27. Main PCB Circuit Diagram, HL-1250/1270/1270N (NEW) (4/5)
LJ8327001 B512115CIR (4/5) A - 38
Appendix 28. Main PCB Circuit Diagram, HL-1250/1270/1270N (NEW) (5/5)
LJ8327001 B512115CIR (5/5) A - 39
10/100Base TX port..2-17 cleaner spring... 4-24 cleaning... 5-5 completely blank.. 6-26 component.. 2-2 condensation.. 6-1 connection diagram. A-16 - A-18 consumable parts.. 5-1, 6-1 continuous grid pattern print mode. 6-53 control panel.. 1-4, 1-6, 2-13 control panel button.. 2-15 corona wire. 3-21, 3-25 COVER OPEN.. 6-6 cover sensor.. 3-24 CPU... 1-6 CPU Runtime Error. 6-5, 6-22 creases... 6-12 curl... 6-13
3 patterns print mode..6-53
4% density pattern print mode..6-53
AC cord...4-3 AC inlet ASSY...4-30 AC power inlet..1-4 address error..6-22 Advanced Photoscale Technology.1-2 Alarm LED..2-14 all black..6-27 AppleTalk..6-50 APT..1-2 ASIC...3-7
dark.. 6-25 Data LED.. 2-14 demo printer.. 6-52 development roller.. 3-21, 3-27 diameter.. A-3 dimensions.. 1-7 dirt on the back of paper.. 6-28 disassembly flow.. 4-2 double feeding.. 6-12 downward fogging of solid black. 6-38 DRAM... 3-12 D-RAM Error.. 6-5, 6-7, 6-22 drive unit.. 4-16 drum counter.. A-5, A-6 Drum LED.. 2-14 drum unit... 4-3 cleaning.. 5-5, 6-35 ground contact. 6-41 life..1-5, 5-1, A-7
warm-up..1-5 warning..6-2 wave...6-13 weight...1-7 white horizontal stripes..6-31 white spots...6-34 white vertical streaks.6-31 Windows NT server..6-48 wrinkles...6-12
Brother Laser Printer
PARTS REFERENCE LIST
Read this list thoroughly before maintenance work. Keep this list in a convenient place for quick and easy reference at all times. September, 1999 PL-PRN001
NOTE FOR USING THIS PARTS REFERENCE LIST
1. In the case of ordering parts, it needs mentioning the following items: (1) Code (2) Q'ty (3) Description (4) Symbol ( PCB No., Revision , and Parts location mounted on the PCB.) Note : No orders without Parts Code or Tool No. can be accepted. < Example > (1) REF.NO. CODE (2) QTY (3) DESCRIPTION (4) SYMBOL REMARK
Revision No.: marked on the main printed circuit board.
B48K056 - 201A
Design change indication Specification No. Pattern alteration No. Circuit board No. Revision No.: marked on the power supply printed circuit board.
Design change indication
(The first version has no sign.)
2. Design-changed parts : If the parts are changed, any one of the following symbols is indicated in the REMARKS column. #A : compatible between old and new #B : replaceable from old to new #D : incompatible # : newly established
3. The original of this list was made based on the information available in September, 1999. 4. Parts are subject to change in design without prior notice.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9.
FRAME / DRIVE UNIT... 1 LASER UNIT.... 1 PAPER FEEDER.... 3 FIXING UNIT.... 5 PAPER CASSETTE... 7AB COVERS.... 9 MAIN PCB... 11 ENGINE PCB... 13 LOW-VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY PCB.. 13
10. HIGH-VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY PCB.. 15 11. AC CORDS.... 15 12. ACCESSORIES.... 17 13. PACKING MATERIALS... 19 14. NETWORK BOARD... 19 15. ADJUSTING TOOL.... 21
1. FRAME / DRIVE UNIT REF.NO. CODE Q'TY 1 ULLJLJ6 UL7 LJ8 UL9 UKLJ12 ULLJLE17 UL18 LJ18 LJ19 UL20 LJUL23 UL24 UL25 ULUL26
DESCRIPTION MAIN MOTOR ASSY TAPTITE, CUP S M3X6 SOLENOID ASSY SCREW, BIND M3X4 TAPE 32X12 LINK FAN MOTOR UNIT
TONER EMPTY PCB UNIT (LIGHT EMISSION)
PANEL PCB ASSY TAPTITE, CUP S M3X6 RUBBER FOOT
TONER EMPTY PCB UNIT (LIGHT RECEPTION)
TAPTITE, CUP S M3X6 LT RELAY PCB ASSY, HL-1250/1270N TAPTITE, CUP S M3X6 USB GROUND PLATE, HL-1270 SOLENOID RELEASE SPRING 30/99 PLANET GEAR ASSY (SP) PLANET GEAR ASSY B (SP) GEAR 59 GEAR 21 PRESSURE PLATE TAPTITE, CUP S M3X6 P/R CLUTCH LEVER F/R CLUTCH LEVER DEVELOP JOINT JOINT SPRING FRICTION SPRING
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-010
T/I NO. PR99165 / PR2000014 / PR2000073 / PR2000132 / PR2000152 / PR2001023 / PR2001049 PR2001061/ PR2001100 / PR2002013 / PR2002098 / PR2002139 / PR2002157 2. LASER UNIT REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION SYMBOL REMARK 1 LJLASER UNIT (SP) (B512033) 3 TAPTITE, CUP S M3X16
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-020
1. FRAME / DRIVE UNIT 16 19
T/I NO. PR99165 / PR2000014 / PR2000073 / PR2000152 / PR2001023 / PE2001049 / PR2001061 / PR2001100 / PR2002013 / PR2002098 2. LASER UNIT
3. PAPER FEEDER REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 ULPAPER FEED ROLLER ASSY 2 ULPAPER PICK-UP ROLLER ASSY 3 ULTR ELECTRODE HELICAL SPRING A 3 LJTR ELECTRODE HELICAL SPRING B 4 LJOUTER CHUTE 1 (SP) 5 ULGEAR ULJOINT ULBEARING ULCONDUCTOR BEARING 5
CAUTION: 1) The new version of the TR electrode helical spring, TR ELECTRODE HELICAL SPRING B (LJ4499001) should be used for ALL HL-1030/1270N printers and the HL-1240/1250 printers whose serial No. is the following number or later; HL-1240: J9J211817 - (EXCEPT J9J212235 - J9J217459, J9J219423 - J9J219997) HL-1250: J9J221758 2) The old version of the TR electrode helical spring, TR ELECTRODE HELICAL SPRING A (UL9071001) should be used for HL-1240/1250 whose serial No. is before the number above and the numbers in the range of J9J212235 - J9J217459 & J9J219423 - J9J219997. 3) The old and new versions of the TR electrode helical spring are incompatible with each other.
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-040
T/I NO. PR2000051 / PR2000108 / PR2000130
3. PAPER FEEDER
T/I NO. PR2000051 / PR2000108 / PR2000130 -4-
4. FIXING UNIT REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LJFIXING UNIT, 115V (SP) 1 LJFIXING UNIT, 230V (SP) 1 LJFIXING UNIT, 230V LEG (SP) 1-1 ULTHERMISTOR ASSY 1-1 TAPTITE, CUP B M3X12 1-3 LJHEAT ROLLER 25 (SP) 1-3 LJHEAT ROLLER 25 LEG (SP) 1-4 ULHR BEARING 25 1-5 LJHALOGEN LAMP, 115V (SP) 1-5 LJHALOGEN LAMP, 230V (SP) 1-6 ULEJECT PINCH ROLLER 1-7 LJPINCH SPRING 1-8 LJCLEANER ROLLER ASSY 1-9 LJCLEANER SPRING 1-2 TAPTITE, CUP B M3X20 1-11 ZTAPTITE, PAN B M3X10 1-12 LJPICK OFF FINGER (SP) 1-13 LJPRESSURE ROLLER 20 (SP) 1-13 LJPRESSURE ROLLER 20 LE (SP) 1-14 ULPAPER EJECT ACTUATOR 1-15 ULEJECT ACTUATOR SPRING 1-16 ULIDLE GEAR 13 1-17 LJIDLE GEAR HOLDER 1-18 ULFU DRIVE GEAR 20/38 1-19 LJEJECT ROLLER SHAFT L 1-20 LJEJECT ROLLER ASSY R 1-20-1 LJEJECT ROLLER SHAFT R 1-21 LJEJECT ROLLER BUSHING L 1-22 LJEJECT ROLLER BUSHING R 1-23 LJFU FRAME LOWER 2 1-24 LJEJECT ROLLER JAM REMOVE TOOL 1 TAPTITE, CUP S M3XLJSHOULDER SCREW
PR2002144 REMARK CHNG CHNG
ADD ADD ADD ADD ADD ADD ADD ADD
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-050/051
T/I NO. PR99179, PR99186, PR2000029, PR2000057, PR2000157,PR2001118 / PR2002091 / PR2002144 -5-
4. FIXING UNIT
1-9 1-10 1-11 1-8 1-6 1-7
1-6 1-7 1-1-7 1-10 1-12 3
1-4 1-1 1-2 1-9 1-1-13 1-8
T/I NO. PR2000029 / PR2000057 / PR2001118 / PR2002091 -6-
5-1. PAPER CASSETTE, LGL REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LEPAPER TRAY ASSY, LGL (SP) 1-1 LJPRESSURE PLATE ASSY, LGL 1-2 ULPRESSURE PLATE SPRING 1-3 ULSIDE GUIDE L 1-4 ULSIDE GUIDE R 1-5 UTAPTITE, CUP B M2.6X5 1-6 ULSIDE GUIDE RACK 1-7 ULSIDE GUIDE GEAR 1-8 ULFRICTION SPRING 1-1 TAPTITE, CUP B M3X8 1-10 ULREAR PAPER GUIDE 1-11 ULSEPARATION PAD HOLDER ASSY 1-12 ULSEPARATION PAD SPRING 1-13 ULPAPER INDICATOR 1-14 ULLOCK LEVER 1-15 LJPRESSURE ROLLER HOLDER, LGL 1-16 LJPRESSURE ROLLER COLLAR 2 ASSY 1-17 ULRELEASE LEVER EXTENSION SPRING 1-18 LJPAPER TRAY COVER 1-19 UFTAPTITE, TORX PAN B M3X8 1-20 LJTRAY COVER FILM 1-21 LJSCRATCH SPONGE HOLDER ASSY 1-22 LJSCRATCH SPONGE SPRING 1-23 LJMYLAR LABEL 1240 TRAY 1-24 LJTRAY FEED GUIDE ASSY T/I NO. PR2000066 / PR2000127 / PR2002009 5-2. PAPER CASSETTE, A4 REF.NO. CODE Q'TY 1 LJ1-1 UL1-2 UL1-3 UL1-4 UL1-5 U1-6 UL1-7 UL1-8 UL1-1 1-10 UL1-11 UL1-12 UL1-13 UL1-14 UL1-15 LJ1-16 LJ1-17 UL1-18 LJ1-19 UF1-20 LJ1-21 LJ1-22 LJ1-24 LJ4332001 1
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-045
DESCRIPTION PAPER TRAY ASSY, A4 (SP) PRESSURE PLATE ASSY, A4 PRESSURE PLATE SPRING SIDE GUIDE L SIDE GUIDE R TAPTITE, CUP B M2.6X5 SIDE GUIDE RACK SIDE GUIDE GEAR FRICTION SPRING TAPTITE, CUP B M3X8 REAR PAPER GUIDE SEPARATION PAD HOLDER ASSY SEPARATION PAD SPRING PAPER INDICATOR LOCK LEVER PRESSURE ROLLER HOLDER, A4 PRESSURE ROLLER COLLAR 2 ASSY RELEASE LEVER EXTENSION SPRING PAPER TRAY COVER TAPTITE, TORX PAN B M3X8 TRAY COVER FILM SCRATCH SPONGE HOLDER ASSY SCRATCH SPONGE SPRING TRAY FEED GUIDE ASSY
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-047
T/I NO. PR2000127 / PR2002009
- 7A -
5-3. PAPER CASSETTE, PB REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LJPAPER TRAY ASSY 3 (SP) 1-1 ULPRESSURE PLATE ASSY, A4 1-2 LJPRESSURE PLATE SPRING 340 1-3 ULSIDE GUIDE L 1-4 ULSIDE GUIDE R 1-5 UTAPTITE, CUP B M2.6X5 1-6 ULSIDE GUIDE RACK 1-7 ULSIDE GUIDE GEAR 1-8 ULFRICTION SPRING 1-1 TAPTITE, CUP B M3X8 1-10 ULREAR PAPER GUIDE 1-11 ULSEPARATION PAD HOLDER ASSY 1-12 LJSEPARATION PAD SPRING 300 1-13 ULPAPER INDICATOR 1-14 ULLOCK LEVER 1-15 LJPRESSURE ROLLER HOLDER 1-16 LJPRESSURE ROLLER COLLAR 2 ASSY 1-17 ULRELEASE LEVER EXTENSION SPRING 1-18 LJPAPER TRAY COVER 1-19 UFTAPTITE, TORX PAN B M3X8 1-20 LJTRAY COVER FILM 1-21 LJSCRATCH SPONGE HOLDER ASSY 1-22 LJSCRATCH SPONGE SPRING 1-24 LJTRAY FEED GUIDE ASSY
MODEL HL-1240 84U-Z01-049
T/I NO. PR99179 / PR2000127 / PR2002009 5-4. PAPER CASSETTE, LEG REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LJPAPER TRAY ASSY, LEG (SP) 1-1 ULPRESSURE PLATE ASSY, A4 1-2 ULPRESSURE PLATE SPRING 1-3 ULSIDE GUIDE L 1-4 ULSIDE GUIDE R 1-5 UTAPTITE, CUP B M2.6X5 1-6 ULSIDE GUIDE RACK 1-7 ULSIDE GUIDE GEAR 1-8 ULFRICTION SPRING 1-1 TAPTITE, CUP B M3X8 1-10 ULREAR PAPER GUIDE 1-11 ULSEPARATION PAD HOLDER ASSY 1-12 LJSEPARATION PAD SPRING 250 1-13 ULPAPER INDICATOR 1-14 ULLOCK LEVER 1-15 LJPRESSURE ROLLER HOLDER, A4 1-16 LJPRESSURE ROLLER COLLAR 2 ASSY 1-17 ULRELEASE LEVER EXTENSION SPRING 1-18 LJPAPER TRAY COVER 1-19 UFTAPTITE, TORX PAN B M3X8 1-20 LJTRAY COVER FILM 1-21 LJSCRATCH SPONGE HOLDER ASSY 1-22 LJSCRATCH SPONGE SPRING 1-24 LJTRAY FEED GUIDE ASSY
MODEL HL-1240/1250/1270N 84U-Z06/Z07/08-043
T/I NO. PR99179 / PR2000127 /PR20002009
- 7B -
6. COVERS REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LJMAIN COVER ASSY 1-1 LJHEAT PROTECTION FILM 2 ULPINCH ROLLER ASSY 3 ULPINCH ROLLER SPRING 4 LJREAR COVER 5 ULREAR COVER SPRING L 6 ULREAR COVER SPRING R 7 ULFRONT COVER ASSY 7 LJFRONT COVER ASSY LE 8 ULTRAY EXTENSION FLAP 9 ULTOP COVER 10 ULSECOND EJECT ROLLER ASSY 2 TAPTITE, CUP S M3XTAPTITE, BIND S M3XLJMODEL PLATE ULMODEL PLATE ULMODEL PLATE LJMODEL PLATE LJMODEL PLATE 1270N 13 LJMODEL PLATE JLJMODEL PLATE 2312P 13 LJMODEL PLATE 2412P 13 LJMODEL PLATE 8212N 13 LJMODEL PLATE 1500 WIP 13 LJMODEL PLATE 1700 WIP 13 LJMODEL PLATE 1900 WIP 14 ULLASER CAUTION LABEL, EUR 14 ULLASER LABEL LEGEND 15 LJMYLAR LABEL 1030, CAN 15 LJMYLAR LABEL 1030, EUR 15 ULMYLAR LABEL 1240, US 15 ULMYLAR LABEL 1240, CAN 15 ULMYLAR LABEL 1240, EUR 15 ULMYLAR LABEL 1250, US 15 LJMYLAR LABEL 1250, CAN 15 ULMYLAR LABEL 1250, EUR 15 LJMYLAR LABEL 1270N, US 15 LJMYLAR LABEL 1270N, CAN 15 LJMYLAR LABEL 1270N, EUR 16 LJFAN GUARD 17 ULPROCESS UNIT OP LABEL 18 LJTRAY REAR COVER ASSY 19 LJTRAY REAR COVER LGL ASSY
PR2002052 REMARK ADD
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-060
T/I NO. PR99165 / PR99179 / PR99204 / PR2000005 / PR2000055 / PR2000066 / PR2000075 / PR2000108 / PR2000129 / PR2002017/ PR2002052 -9-
6. COVERS 13 9
T/I NO. PR2000066 / PR2000075 / PR2000108 / PR2000129
- 10 -
7. MAIN PCB REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1030 US (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1030 EU (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1240 US (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1240 EU (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1240 HEB (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1240 PB (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, 2312P LEG (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1250-2 US (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1250-2 EU (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1250-2 DEN (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1250-2 LEG (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1270N-2 US (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1270N-2 EU (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1270N-2 DEN (SP) 1 LJMAIN PCB ASSY, HL-1270N-2 LEG (SP) 1-1 LJMASK ROM, HL-1030/1240 1-1 LJMASK ROM, HL-1240 HEB 1-1 LJMASK ROM, HL-1250 1-1 LJMASK ROM, HL-1270N
SYMBOL B512040-450F B512040-477F B512040-410H B512040-447H B512040-411B B512040-445H B512040-413F B512115-160C B512115-177C B512115-178C B512115-163D B512115-180B B512115-197B B512115-198B B512115-163A
PR2002121 REMARK NAME CHNG NAME CHNG
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-101/103
T/I NO. PR99165 / PR99179 / PR99194 / PR99198 / PR99203 / PR99207/ PR2000015 / PR2000074 / PR2000109 / PR2000124 / PR2000134 / PR2001060 / PR2001067 / PR2001127 /PR2002121 - 11 -
T/I NO. PR99165 / PR2000124
- 12 -
8. ENGINE PCB REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LJENGINE PCB ASSY A, 1240 (SP) 1 LJENGINE PCB ASSY B, 1030/1240 (SP) 1 LJENGINE PCB ASSY A, 1250 (SP) 1 LJENGINE PCB ASSY B, 1250/1270 (SP)
PR2002097 SYMBOL REMARK B512059-101D VER.CHNG. B512075-121D B512059-102D VER.CHNG. B512059-122C VER.CHNG.
CAUTION: 1) The new versions of the engine PCB, ENGINE PCB ASSY B, 1240/1030 (LJ8157001) & ENGINE PCB ASSY B, 1250/1270 (LJ8158001) should be used for ALL HL-1030/1270N printers and the HL-1240/1250 printers whose serial No. is the following number or later; HL-1240: J9J211817 - (EXCEPT J9J212235 - J9J217459, J9J219423 - J9J219997) HL-1250: J9J221758 2) The old versions of the engine PCB, ENGINE PCB ASSY A, 1240 (LJ4178001) & ENGINE PCB ASSY A, 1250 (LJ4222001) should be used for HL-1240/1250 whose serial No. is before the number above and the numbers in the range of J9J212235 - J9J217459 & J9J219423 J9J219997. 3) The old and new versions of the engine PCB are incompatible with each other.
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-151
T/I NO. PR99165 / PR99197 / PR99202 / PR99213 / PR2000016 / PR2000121 9. LOW-VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY PCB REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LGPS PCB ASSY ZLE-B,115V 1 LGPS PCB ASSY ZLE-B,230V 2 UKINLET UNIT, 115V 2 UKINLET UNIT, 230V 1 TAPTITE, BIND S M3XTAPTITE, CUP S M3XLJAC INLET FILM 6 LJPROTECTION TUBE
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-200/201
T/I NO. PR99188 / PR99189 / PR2000113 / PR2001064 / PR2002097
- 13 -
8. ENGINE PCB
9. LOW-VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY PCB 6
T/I NO. PR99188 / PR2000113 - 14 -
10. HIGH-VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY PCB REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LJHIGH-VOLTAGE PS ASSY A (SP) 1 LJHIGH-VOLTAGE PS ASSY B (SP) 4 SCREW BIND B TITE M4X12
CAUTION: 1) The new version of the high-voltage power supply PCB, HIGH-VOLTAGE PS ASSY B (LJ8156001) should be used for ALL HL-1030/1270N printers and the HL-1240/1250 printers whose serial No. is the following number or later; HL-1240: J9J211817 - (EXCEPT J9J212235 - J9J217459, J9J219423 - J9J219997) HL-1250: J9J221758 2) The old version of the high-voltage power supply PCB, HIGH-VOLTAGE PS ASSY A (LJ4176001) should be used for HL-1240/1250 whose serial No. is before the number above and the numbers in the range of J9J212235 - J9J217459 & J9J219423 - J9J219997. 3) The old and new versions of the high-voltage power supply PCB are incompatible each other.
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-220
T/I NO. PR99153, PR99165 11. AC CORDS REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1A LJAC CORD, UL/CSA 1B LJAC CORD ASSY, SAA 1C LJAC CORD ASSY, SEV 1D UKAC CORD, CHLI 1E UHAC CORD, BS 1F UAC CORD #6, ISRAEL 1G UAC CORD #4, BS 1H UKAC CORD, DEMKO 1I LJAC CORD ASSY, VDE 1J UKAC CORD ASSY, CHN96 1K LJAC CORD ASSY, IND
REMARK CODE CHNG CODE CHNG CODE CHNG
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-230
T/I NO. PR99179, PR2000055,PR2002011
- 15 -
10. HIGH VOLTAGE POWER SUPPLY PCB
11. AC CORD
HL-1030/1240/1250/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z03-23 0
T/I NO. PR99179 / PR2000055 - 16 -
12. ACCESSORIES REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY 1, HL-LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY 2, HL-UKPR DRIVER DISK ASSY 1, HL-UKPR DRIVER DISK ASSY 2, HL-UKPR DRIVER DISK ASSY 1, HL-UKPR DRIVER DISK ASSY 2, HL-LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY 1, HL-1270N 1 LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY 2, HL-1270N 1 LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY LEG 2312P 1 LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY LEG 2412P 1 LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY LEG 8212N 1 LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY, WIP HL-LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY, WIP HL-LJPR DRIVER DISK ASSY, WIP HL-1270N 2 LJCD ASSY 2 LJCD ASSY, PB 2 LJCD ASSY, LEG 2 LJCD ASSY, KOR 2 LJCD ASSY, WIP 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, US 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, FRA 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, GER 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, NL 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, NOR 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, SWE 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, DEN 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, SPA 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, ITA 3 LJSETUP GUIDE, PB 4 LJNETWORK SETUP GUIDE, US (HL-1270N) 4 LJNETWORK SETUP GUIDE, FRA (HL-1270N) 4 LJNETWORK SETUP GUIDE, GER (HL-1270N) 4 LJNETWORK SETUP GUIDE, NL (HL-1270N) 4 LJNETWORK SETUP GUIDE, SPA (HL-1270N) 4 LJNETWORK SETUP GUIDE, ITA (HL-1270N) 5 LJWIN2000 QUICK SETUP GUIDE, US 5 LJWIN2000 QUICK SETUP GUIDE, FRA 5 LJWIN2000 QUICK SETUP GUIDE, GER 5 LJWIN2000 QUICK SETUP GUIDE, NL 5 LJWIN2000 QUICK SETUP GUIDE, NOR 5 LJWIN2000 QUICK SETUP GUIDE, SWE 5 LJWIN2000 QUICK SETUP GUIDE, ITA 5 LJWIN2000 QUICK SETUP GUIDE, DEN 5 LJWIN2000 QUICK SETUP GUIDE, SPA 6 LJQUICK SETUP GUIDE, WIP 7 LJUSER'S MANUAL 8212N (LEG HL1270N) 8 UEBAG, 215X350H
ADD ADD ADD
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-920
T/I NO. PR99165, PR99179, PR99206, PR99211, PR99212, PR2000022, PR2000024, PR2000055
- 17 -
12. ACCESSORIES 1
T/I NO. PR99165 / PR2000022 / PR2000024 / PR2000055
- 18 -
13. PACKING MATERIALS REF.NO. CODE Q'TY 1 LL1 LL1 UE1 UE1 UE1 LL1 LL1 LL1 LL1 LJ1 LJ1 LJ1 LL1 LL1 LL1 LL2 UE2 LJ3 UE4 UE5 LJ5497001 1
DESCRIPTION CARTON, HL-1030 EU CARTON, HL-1030 CAN CARTON, HL-1240 US CARTON, HL-1240 CAN CARTON, HL-1240 EU CARTON, HL-1250 US CARTON, HL-1250 CAN CARTON, HL-1250 EU CARTON, HL-1270 A4 CARTON, HL-1270N US CARTON, HL-1270N CAN CARTON, HL-1270N EU CARTON, OEM CARTON, LEG 2312P CARTON, LEG 2412P CARTON, LEG 8212N STYROFORM PAD ASSY, LGL STYROFORM PAD ASSY, A4 ACCESSORY CARTON BAG, 700X800H WIN ME CARTON LABEL
MODEL HL-1030/1240/1250/1270/1270N 84U-Z04/Z01/Z02/Z05/Z03-930
T/I NO. PR99165, PR99179, PR99206, PR99211, PR2000005, PR2000153 14. NETWORK BOARD REF.NO. CODE Q'TY DESCRIPTION 1 LJBRNET PCB UNIT (SP) 1-2 TAPTITE, CUP S M3X6
MODEL HL-1270N 84U-Z03-150
T/I NO. PR99165
- 19 -
13. PACKING MATERIALS
T/I NO.PR2000153 14. NETWORK BOARD
- 20 -
15. ADJUSTING TOOL
TOOL NO. PRT-402 PRT-001f
TOOL NAME TORX SCREW DRIVER MOLYKOTE PG-662
- 21 -
Brother HL 1030 features true 600 dpi printing that produces pin sharp quality print output at up to 10 ppm. The unique Straight Paper Path Technology ensures smooth, crumple-free printing on a wide range of media types and weights. Brother HL 1030 is a fast printer, utilizing a powerful packed controller that provides an extremely fast output. Optimized first page output is less than 15 seconds. Brother's own data compression minimizes RAM consumption and gives a fast return to application, so the 2MB standard memory gives you ample RAM space for processing data.
|Printer Type||Personal printer - laser - monochrome|
|Print Speed||Up to 10 ppm - B/W|
|Max Resolution ( B&W )||600 dpi x 600 dpi|
|RAM Installed ( Max )||2 MB|
|Media Type||Envelopes, transparencies, labels, plain paper|
|Max Media Size (Custom)||8.25 in x 11.7 in|
|Media Sizes||A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in)|
|Total Media Capacity||250 sheets|
|Media Feeder(s)||1 x autoload - 250 sheets - A4 (8.25 in x 11.7 in)|
|Cartridge / Printhead Duty Cycle||3000 pages|
|Cartridge / Printhead Included Qty||1|
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Connections||1 x parallel - IEEE 1284 (EPP/ECP) - 36 pin Centronics|
|Power Device||Power supply - integrated|
|Voltage Required||AC 120/230 V ± 10%|
|Frequency Required||50/60 Hz|
|Software / System Requirements|
|Software Included||Drivers & Utilities|
|OS Required||Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Microsoft Windows 3.x/95/98|
|Service & Support||1 year warranty|
|Service & Support Details||Limited warranty - parts and labor - 1 year - on-site|
|Universal Product Identifiers|
RX-EX1 GA-P35-s3 EAM3000B VP-ITC SXV 450 37PFL7603H KX-TW500GR Hmnc096D4A0 Driver Windows 7 Benq-siemens S81 41 Accu Yamaha T-7 MAC Mini KLV-32S400A Fl-45P Tv310 HTS3152 Driver Mazda5 NV-GS250 Wolf PBT DC400 330HT HT-C553 88830 Favorit 460 RX-595 S-H510V SA-AK110 MAX-G55 RS700 DR6050 SXE-1750S Manual EWF8040W KDC-W4737U Titan A-2 1 32LX2D Cndv-90MT Windows 7 KT300RF 404SI MS12AH Nr0 RC-6099 DCC170 DCR-TRV10E TH-42PZ80B SE630 SGH-U700W 5SI MX MRO-DS7 DVD-P255K DVD Game GYA351 GR-AX280 N77-1 81733 AVR 2550 Yamaha C40 WS-32Z306T Favorite FWF3105 VSX-D2011-G Mf4690PL W580IM Tecra M5 Edition Printer ST-A6B HM214W YP-P3 Printer Driver F1406 Toshiba G500 B 250L A300D CR2020 Nikon D200 LD-2120WH PC Myst NN-S255wbepg 52SX4D Quicktips Yamaha D-85 20U51 32LB9DB RS 125 Gps-comm NV-GS44 RDR-HXD890 Scanjet 4370 Hatch Airis T920 54501 800 Voip-10 SKY T 945 PT-LB90NTU Samson Smix A1200 Vision Galaxy TAB LST-5100P MX-J500 SH12AWH SL-SX450
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101