Color Print Speed: Up to 28 ppm Black Print Quality: 6000 x 1200 dpi Max. Duty Cycle: Up to 5000 pages Copy speed, Black: Up to 23 cpm Copy speed, Color: Up to 20 cpm Scan Resolution, Optical: 600 x 2400 dpi Scan Resolution, Enhanced: 19200 x 19200 dpi Scan Technology: 48bit
Part Numbers: B50-3104 RB, EMFC-6490CW, EMFC6490CW
[ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Brother MFC-6490CW photo ]
Brother MFC-6490CW - Brochure Printer, size: 7.7 MB
Brother MFC 6490CW A3 Inkjet multifunction printer
User reviews and opinions
|mw2||1:57pm on Sunday, October 17th, 2010|
|Fantastic value for money A3 Scanner and Printing. No complaints about print quality for normal usage Wireless Networking. I consider this printer good value for the money A3 scanning and printing 4 ink cartridges Print quality.|
|Anool||2:08am on Thursday, September 30th, 2010|
|This is my second MFC 6940 CW. No, the first one did not wear out. I worked it hard enough to kill a normal printer. I work from home and I LOVE this product....I can use it anywhere in my home.|
|magoo32||6:58pm on Tuesday, September 21st, 2010|
|Brother Printer 4in1 This is a brillent 4in1. I am pleased that it accommodates A3 paper. I would recommend this product.|
|CompleteNewbie||1:40pm on Saturday, September 4th, 2010|
|Thhe list price for this is way too high for the performance. First, the printer does not run at all (no fax, copy anything!) if any one of the ink cartridges is nearing empty.|
|mnachev||12:39pm on Saturday, June 19th, 2010|
|Good for 11x17 printing; poor for color scans & duplex I love that this scanner/printer is 11x17, and very affordable, and has wifi.|
|Sgt_Josh||2:02pm on Monday, June 7th, 2010|
|Multi Function Copier There is a limited amount of A3 scanners on the market for this sort of price.|
|ephman||12:35am on Tuesday, May 18th, 2010|
|Set up was quick, very very easy. The thing is a beast though, so make some room for it. Best price for what you can get. The Professional Series MFC-6490CW color inkjet All-in-One is perfect for creating impressive everyday business documents such as reports.|
|brett_h_l||2:31pm on Friday, May 7th, 2010|
|Fantastic oversize color printer with wonderful features for scanning and copying. Overall nice printer. Prints great quality on large 11 x 17 size paper with the bonus of an all in one. cable not included if not using wireless|
|futbolal21||8:50pm on Thursday, May 6th, 2010|
|We picked up the MFC-6490CW for our two-person branch office. This was a business purchase, so price was less of a factor than features. But, hey. We bought our Brother MFC-6490CW all-in-one printer/scanner/fax when they were first released last year.|
|Shrike||11:49pm on Monday, May 3rd, 2010|
|Great, except color quality Alright, this machine was relatively cheap for what one gets: color, scanner, 11x17, wireless connection, etc. Great Printer I think that this is the best printer I have ever owned.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
How do I install my Brother machine using the Wireless Network interface?
To setup the Brother machine using a Wireless connection follow the steps listed below: BEFORE YOU BEGIN: Please gather the wireless network settings of your access point or wireless router. This information can be found on the network configuration page of your wireless router or Access Point. Please refer to the router or access points user guide for instructions on accessing the network configuration page. This information includes: a) SSID (Service Set ID or Network name): Your Access Point or Wireless Routers are identified by an SSID or Network Name. b) Encryption Method required by your Router or Access Point. c) WEP Key (If needed) d) WPA-PSK (TKIP or AES) (If needed) e) LEAP USERNAME/PASSWORD (If needed)
I. JOINING THE BROTHER MACHINE TO THE WIRELESS NETWORK:
1. Verify the Wireless Router or Access Point is setup for DHCP. This setting is required in order for the router or access point to broadcast a valid IP address to the device. Please refer to the user guide of your wireless router or access point for additional information. 2. If the Brother machine was previously configured for wireless connection, continue to Step 3. If the machine was NOT configured for wireless connection, continue to Step 5. 3. If the Brother machine was previously configured for wireless connection the network settings need to be reset before the unit can be configured for new wireless settings. Complete the following steps to reset the Network Card. a. b. c. d. Press MENU. Select NETWORK => FACTORY RESET. Press 1 or + for Yes to Reset. Press 1 or + for Yes to Reboot. The machine will reboot automatically.
NOTE: Resetting the network card will erase all current network settings. 4. When the LCD returns to the date and time, wait about 1 minute for the LAN menu to become active, and then continue to the next step. 5. Once the LAN menu becomes available: a. Press MENU b. Select NETWORK => WLAN =>SETUP WIZARD. c. When NETWORK I/F SWITCHED TO WIRELESS is displayed, press OK. 6. The machine will search for your network and display a list of available SSIDs. You should see the SSID you wrote down earlier. If the machine finds more than one network use the up or down arrow keys to choose your network, then press OK. Continue to step 10. If your access point is set to not broadcast the SSID you will have to manually add the SSID name. Continue to step 7. 7. Select <NEW SSID> using up or down arrow and press OK.
8. (For DCP users) Enter a new SSID using the UP OR DOWN ARROW key then press OK. The SSID must match the settings of your router or access point. You can use the left and right arrow keys to move the cursor left and right. For example, to enter the letter a, press the UP ARROW key once. To enter the number 3, hold down the UP ARROW key until it appears. The letters appear in this order: lower case, upper case and then numbers. (For MFC users) Enter a new SSID using the keypad then press OK. The SSID must match the settings of your router or access point. You can use the left and right arrow keys to move the cursor left and right. For example, to enter the letter a, press the 2 key on the dial pad once. To enter the number 3, press the 3 key on the dial pad seven times. The letters appear in this order: lower case, upper case and then numbers.
9. Press up or down arrow to choose INFRASTRUCTURE, and then press OK. 10. Use the up or down arrow, and OK keys to choose one of the options below: If your network is configured for Authentication and Encryption you must match the settings used for your network. a) NO AUTHENTICATION OR ENCRYPTION: Scroll to OPEN SYSTEM, and press OK. Scroll to NONE for Encryption Type and press OK. Then scroll up or down to choose 1 or +(YES) and press OK to apply your settings. Continue to step 13. b) NO AUTHENTICATION WITH WEP ENCRYPTION: Scroll to OPEN SYSTEM, and press OK. Scroll to WEP for the Encryption Type and press OK. Go to step 11. c) AUTHENTICATION WITH WEP ENCRYPTION: Scroll to SHARED KEY, and press OK. Continue to step 11. d) AUTHENTICATION WITH WPA-PSK (TKIP or AES) ENCRYPTION: Scroll to WPA/WPA2-PSK, press OK. Continue to step 12. 11. (For DCP users) Press the UP OR DOWN ARROW key to choose the appropriate key number and press OK: (For MFC users) Choose the appropriate key number and press OK:
a) (For DCP users) Enter the WEP key you wrote down earlier using the UP OR DOWN ARROW key. You can use the left or right arrow keys to move the cursor. For example, to enter the letter a, press the UP ARROW key once. To enter the number 3, hold down the UP ARROW key until it appears. The letters appear in this order: lower case, upper case, and numbers.
(For MFC users) Enter the WEP key you wrote down earlier using the dial pad. You can use the left or right arrow keys to move the cursor. For example, to enter the letter a, press the 2 key on the dial pad once. To enter the number 3, press the 3 key on the dial pad seven times. The letters appear in this order: lower case, upper case, and numbers.
b) Press OK when you have entered all the characters.
c) Press 1 or +(YES) to apply your settings. Continue to step 13. NOTE: Most access points and routers can store more than one key, but they will only use one at any time for authentication and encryption. 12. Press up or down arrow to choose to TKIP or AES for Encryption Type and press OK. a) (For DCP users) Enter the WPA/WPA2-PSK Password you wrote down earlier using the UP OR DOWN ARROW key. You can use the left and right arrow keys to move the cursor. For example, to enter the letter a, press the UP ARROW key once. To enter the number 3, hold down the UP ARROW key until it appears. The letters appear in this order: lower case, upper case, and numbers. (For MFC users) Enter the WPA/WPA2-PSK Password you wrote down earlier using the dial pad. You can use the left and right arrow keys to move the cursor. For example, to enter the letter a, press the 2 key on the dial pad once. To enter the number 3, press the 3 key on your dial pad seven times. The letters appear in this order: lower case, upper case, and numbers.
b) Press OK when you have entered all the characters. c) Press 1 or +(YES) to apply your settings. Go to step 13. 13. Your machine will now try to connect to your wireless network using the information you have entered. If successful, CONNECTED will appear on the LCD. If CONNECTION FAILED is displayed then the print server has not successfully connected to your router or access point. Verify your Network Settings in Step 1 and try connecting from Step 2 again. You may need to contact your router manufacturer or network admin to verify these settings. 14. Once the machine is connected the machine will automatically acquire the correct TCP/IP address information from your access point (router) if DHCP is enabled (DHCP is normally enabled as default for most access point routers). Continue to the steps below to install the drivers on your computer.
II. INSTALLING THE BROTHER MFL-PRO SUITE SOFTWARE:
To install the software for your Brother machine, complete the steps listed below: 1. Ensure that your computer is powered on and you are logged on to your computer with Administrator rights. 2. Please close any applications running and disable any personal firewall software that may be running before installing the MFL-Pro Suite. 3. Ensure that the Brother machine is powered ON. 4. Put the supplied CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. If the model name screen appears, choose your machine. When the language screen appears, choose your language. NOTE: If the CD does not automatically run, double click on MY COMPUTER on your desktop, or click WINDOWS/START => COMPUTER. Then double click on the Brother MFL-PRO Suite icon to run the CD. (The image is an example and varies by models.)
If the following menu appears click INITIAL INSTILLATION. (The image is an example and varies by models.)
5. The CD-ROM main menu will appear. Click INSTALL MFL-PRO SUITE. (The image is an example and varies by models.)
6. The PaperPort License Agreement will appear. Click YES to agree to the license and continue the installation.
7. The installation of PaperPort SE will automatically start and is followed by the installation of MFL-Pro Suite.
8. When the Brother MFL-Pro Suite Software License Agreement window appears, click YES if you agree to the Software License Agreement.
9. Choose WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION and click NEXT.
10. Click on CHECKED AND CONFIRMED and then click NEXT.
11. For Windows XP SP2/VISTA Firewall users, if the FIREWALL DETECTED window appears, it is recommended you choose CHANGE THE FIREWALL PORT SETTINGS TO ENABLE NETWORK CONNECTION AND CONTINUE WITH THE INSTALLATION. Then click NEXT.
12. If you are using a firewall other than Windows Firewall or Windows Firewall is off, this screen may apper.
See the instructions provided with your firewall software for information on how to add the following network ports. For network scanning, add UDP port 54925. (For MFC users only) For network PC-Fax receiving, add UDP port 54926. If you still have trouble with your network connection, add UDP port 137.
14. a. If the Brother machine is the only network-printing device found on the network the installation of the Brother drivers will automatically start. If there is more than one networkprinting device found you will be asked to select your model machine from the list and then click NEXT. Continue to Step 14 b. If the Brother machine is not yet configured for use on your network, a window will appear stating: No devices could be found over the network. When asked to retry, click NO. The Configure IP Address window will appear.
c. Choose SPECIFY YOUR MACHINE BY ADDRESS (ADVANCED USERS), and enter the IP address information appropriate to your network, then click NEXT. If you are not certain what information to enter you should contact your network administrator.
15. The installation screens will appear one after another. Please wait. It will take a few moments for all the screens to appear. DO NOT try to cancel any of the screens during this installation. For Windows Vista Users, if asked: Would you like to install this device software? Click INSTALL.
16. When the On-Line Registration screen is displayed, make your selection. Once you are finished, close the web browser to return to this window and click NEXT to continue the installation.
17. When prompted to restart the computer, select YES, I WANT TO RESTART MY COMPUTER NOW, and click FINISH. The computer will restart. The installation is now complete. NOTE: After restarting the computer you must be logged on with Administrator rights.
18. If you want to install the MFL-Pro Suite Software on additional network-connected computers, please complete the steps starting from the section labeled: INSTALLING THE BROTHER MFL-PRO SUITE SOFTWARE for each computer.
Motorola V535 Audioline WT50 Review Sbcru254 Nygk-G1500E12 CMT-CP333 Oroc 12 VP-D355I 32PC54 Euroset 2015 Vaporetto 2000 ESL67030 1780 DUO Meter Omni-408EU Keypad Gigax 1024 Suunto X10 Citroen BX Alivenf4G-DVI KD-32NS100B BIW145W 3KF4967N Citation 12 NV-SD410 KX-TG7100TR Yamaha AV-1 HR-800 ME DV210AEW XAA Troubleshooting WAP54A Transceiver DC280 CD5001OSE Sony A700 Offline P4350 C3300 Kodak M530 Figure HK-800 Vectis 300 KS-FX742R Personal GR-S392QVC BO5021 CBX-K1 Stone2 Manual TA880GB Plus Globalmap 100 YSP-1 Satellite 2140 MAV-777 Dmcft2 VG900B ZWG6125 LAC-M3600 Diesel 3200 DPC-X507 Password 28CC Router Urc 6011 E2316 Df Igps Switch OT-E260 XV-5080 CDM-105 SMX-C10 JE900 HT-Z221 HD250HJ Xpressive 2 2400 Zoom 8 AA YZF-R125 S12ACP Recorder 2 6 Alarms SA3 Plus 966 Camileo X100 Ink PL100 User Manual Samsung E950 Philips 107T Engines Thinkpad T21 NEC E540 EL-506 546V KX-T9000BS EV-150CE TX-32PM11 Turbo CE1000 Driver Download SS-MF600H M100I DSC-W270 SHR-5162P Toolkit SW Scanmaker 3630 Aspire-1610 CD165 IC-F121
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101