Canon Pixma IP8500 Manual
Canon Pixma IP8500 - Easy Setup Instructions Printer, size: 3.0 MB
Canon Pixma IP8500 Quick Start Guide
Canon Pixma IP8500 Setup Instruction
Canon Pixma IP8500 Quick Start
Canon Pixma IP8500 Ip8500 Easy Setup Instructions
Canon Pixma IP8500 Ip8500 Quick Start Guide
Save money by ordering our complete compatible Canon BCI-6 Set that include the BCI-6G Green and BCI-6R Red Cartridges. This set inlcudes 8 cartridges. All our compatible cartridges have 100% One Year guarantee.... - one year guarantee
Part Numbers: BCI6Set, i9900SET
[ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Canon Pixma IP8500 photo ]
User reviews and opinions
|pirron||6:37am on Sunday, October 31st, 2010|
|unreliable colour quality I am a Canon camera user and bought this printer when they first came out. Great Buy & Great Seller Ordered this printer from Amason and once again they have turned up trumps.|
|AngryRedDragon||3:40am on Friday, August 6th, 2010|
|the ink cost have come way down also takes great photos & very easy to use have had it for 3 years now none that i can see I like everything None so far|
|Friedrich||1:14am on Wednesday, July 28th, 2010|
|unreliable colour quality I am a Canon camera user and bought this printer when they first came out.|
|ahdont||1:30pm on Wednesday, June 30th, 2010|
|Great Buy & Great Seller Ordered this printer from Amason and once again they have turned up trumps.|
|halovivek||7:51am on Sunday, May 2nd, 2010|
|runs out too soon!! ran out of ink very quickly on green and red, and colors were never the same...disappointing. Colors very good, black clogs, will order again! My first review shortly after starting to use this item was one star.|
|mikolaskova||9:20pm on Friday, April 30th, 2010|
|This is a really good printer. It produces pr... Fast page print speed, good color Setup can be tricky|
|res1223||7:45pm on Wednesday, April 21st, 2010|
|Fabulous Photos -Fast - high quality! I bought this printer a year ago and am just writing a review as it has stood the test of time.|
|godmymaker||1:03pm on Tuesday, April 20th, 2010|
|Fabulous Photos -Fast - high quality! I bought this printer a year ago and am just writing a review as it has stood the test of time.|
|Raymond E. Knight||10:24am on Saturday, April 10th, 2010|
|Excellent Print Quality. Better than taking them in. wish it had a compact flash card port.|
|gschmidl||11:58pm on Monday, April 5th, 2010|
|Outstanding print quality -- vivid and realistic. So far, have used Canon, Fuji, Epson, and HP papers -- all worked very well.|
|%sheron_77||7:32pm on Saturday, April 3rd, 2010|
|I have had a couple of these printers. The printer has very user friendly on screen help for low ink supply and paper.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
PIXMA iP8500 SERVICE MANUAL
Copyright 2004, Canon U.S.A. This technical publication is the proprietary and confidential information of Canon U.S.A. which shall be retained for reference purposes by Authorized Service Facilities of Canon U.S.A. Its unauthorized use is prohibited.
(3) Grease application
Part name Chassis 3 Lift gear 2 Chassis Carriage shaft Carriage shaft spring L Transmission gear Feed roller ass'y Lift shaft Carriage unit Note: 1 drop = 9 to 18 mg 18 19
Where to apply grease / oil Entire surface the carriage slider contacts Cam contact portion (at 3 locations) Coil spring inner surface contact portion Coil spring contact portion Carriage shaft left end sliding portion Carriage shaft cam L sliding portion Carriage shaft sliding portion on the left side of the chassis (at 2 locations) Carriage shaft cam L contact portion (at 2 locations) Carriage shaft cam R sliding portion Carriage shaft right end sliding portion Carriage shaft right end contact portion Entire surface of the carriage shaft where the carriage unit slides Carriage shaft sliding portion (over the area more than 2/3 from the top end of the spring) Inner surface Bushing where the spring contacts Spring sliding portion (4 locations) Pressure roller ass'y contact portion (4 locations) Entire inner surface where the oil pad fits in Entire inner surface where the oil pad fits in
Grease / oil name FLOIL KG107A FLOIL KG107A MOLYKOTE HP300 MOLYKOTE HP300 FLOIL KG107A MOLYKOTE HP300 FLOIL KG107A FLOIL KG107A MOLYKOTE HP300 FLOIL KG107A FLOIL KG107A EU-1 FLOIL KG107A MOLYKOTE HP300 FLOIL KG107A FLOIL KG107A FLOIL KG107A EU-1 EU-1
Grease / oil amount 3 drops 1 drop 1 drop 1 drop 1 drop 2 drops 1 drop 2 drops 1 drop 1 drop 1 drop 8030mg 1 drop 1 drop Half drop 1 drop 1 drop 100 +/- 10mg 100 +/- 10mg
To the top <Part 1: 3. REPAIR, 3-3 (1) to (3)>
(4) Waste ink counter setting When the logic board ass'y is replaced, reset the waste ink counter. In addition, according to the waste ink amount, replace the waste ink absorber (the bottom case unit or the ink absorbers). The standard amount for waste ink absorber replacement is given in the table below. Waste ink amount*1 Less than 7% 7% or more Bottom case unit or ink absorber replacement Not required. Required.
*1: Check the waste ink amount by service test print or EEPROM information print. [See 3.3. Adjustment / Settings, (6) Service mode, for details.] (5) User mode Function Print head manual cleaning Procedures - Cleaning both black and color: See "Standalone printer operation" below. - Cleaning black or color separately, or both black and color: Perform from the printer driver's Maintenance tab. - Cleaning black or color separately, or both black and color: Perform from the printer driver's Maintenance tab. See "Standalone printer operation" below. See "Standalone printer operation" below. See "Standalone printer operation" below. Also available from the printer driver's Maintenance tab. In Custom Settings of the printer driver's Maintenance tab, manual print head alignment (by selecting the optimum values) as with the conventional models can be performed. Cleaning of the platen ribs when the back side of paper gets smeared. Remarks
Print head deep cleaning Paper feed roller cleaning Nozzle check pattern printing Print head alignment
Bottom plate cleaning CD-R print position adjustment Ink tank replacement Print head replacement
Perform from the printer driver's Maintenance tab. Perform from the application software. Open the access cover. When the carriage stops at the center, an ink tank can be replaced. The print head is replaceable at the same position as for ink tank replacement. (Open the access cover. When the carriage stops at the center, the print head can be replaced.)
<Standalone printer operation> 1) Turn on the printer. 2) Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the LED blinks the specified number of times listed in the table below, and release it. The operation starts. LED blinking 1 time 2 times 3 times 4 times 5 times 6 times 7 times (6) Service mode Function Service test print - Model name - ROM version - Waste ink amount - CD-R sensor correction EEPROM initialization Procedures See "Service mode operation procedures" below. Remarks Set a sheet of A4- , letter-, or larger-sized paper. For print sample, see 3-4. Verification Items, (1) Service test print, <Service test print sample>. The following items are NOT initialized: - USB serial number - Destination settings - Waste ink counter - CD-R correction value If the waste ink amount is 7% or more, replace the bottom case unit, or the ink absorbers. Other than Japan: iP8500 Japan: iP8600 Operation Print head manual cleaning Nozzle check pattern printing Paper feed roller cleaning Automatic print head alignment Bottom plate cleaning Unspecified Set the widest head-to-paper distance Set a sheet of plain paper (A4 or letter) in the ASF. Fold a sheet of plain paper (A4 or letter) in half crosswise, then unfold and set it in the ASF with the folded ridge facing down. Set a sheet of plain paper (A4 or letter) in the ASF or the cassette (according to the Paper Feed switch setting). Remarks
See "Service mode operation procedures" below.
Waste ink counter reset Destination settings
See "Service mode operation procedures" below. See "Service mode operation procedures" below.
Note: At the end of the service mode, press the Power button. To protect the media sensor from being dislocated during transportation, the paper lifting plate of the sheet feeder unit will be raised.
<Service mode operation procedures> 1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.) 2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.) 3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.) 4) When the LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.) Time(s) 0 times 1 time 2 times 3 times 4 times 5 times 6 times 7 times 8 times 9 times 10 times or more LED Green Orange Green Orange Green Orange Green Green Orange Green Power off Service test print EEPROM information print EEPROM initialization Waste ink counter resetting Destination settings Print head deep cleaning CD-R test print CD-R print position correction (horizontal) CD-R print position correction (vertical) Return to the menu selection Not used in servicing. Not used in servicing. Not used in servicing. Proceed to the step 5), and follow the Destination settings procedures. Function Remarks When the print head is not installed, the carriage returns and locks in the home position. See 3-4. Verification Items, (1) Service test print. See 3-4. Verification Items, (2) EEPROM information print.
5) After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.) <Destination settings procedures> In the destination settings mode, press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the destination listed in the table below, and press the Power button. Time(s) 1 time 2 times 3 times 4 times 5 times 6 times or more LED Orange Green Orange Green Orange Japan: iP8600 Other than Japan, non-support of CD-R printing (A4): iP8500 Other than Japan, non-support of CD-R printing (LTR): iP8500 (LTR) Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (A4): iP8500 Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (LTR): iP8500 (LTR) Return to the menu selection Destination
Note: After setting the destination, confirm the model name in service test print or EEPROM information print. [See 3.4. Verification Items, (1) Service test print, or (2) EEPROM information print.] To the top <Part 1: 3. REPAIR, 3-3 (4) to (7)>
3-4. Verification Items
(1) Service test print <Print check items> On the service test print (sample below), confirm the following items: - Check 1, top of form accuracy: The line shall not extend off the paper. - Check 2, EEPROM information - Check 3, nozzle check pattern: Ink shall be ejected from all nozzles - Check 4, halftone: There shall be no remarkable streaks or unevenness. - Check 5, uneven printing due to carriage movement: There shall be no remarkable streaks or unevenness. - Check 6, vertical straight lines: The line shall not be broken. - Check 7, CD-R detection sensor light volume correction / automatic print head alignment: The results shall be OK. - Check 8, index pattern: The patterns shall be printed in multiple levels (stepped). - Check 9, model name: iP8500 for non-Japan model, iP8600 for Japan model.
<Service test print sample>
(2) EEPROM information print <How to read EEPROM information print> Print sample: iPXXXX V1.00 IF(USB1=1 USB2=0) D=004.5 ST=2004/06/27-18:30 ER(ER0=1000 ER1=5100 ER2=1300 ER3=5B00) LPT=2004/07/09-09:09 PC(M=002 R=000 T=001 D=009 C=000) CLT0=2004/06/27-18:30 CLT1=2004/06/27-18:30 CH=00002 CT(G=001 R=001 PM=002 BK=002 PC=005 C=000 M=01 Y=01) IS(G=1 R=1 PM=0 BK=1 PC=1 C=1 M=1 Y=1)
IC(G=028 R=028 PM=028 BK=201 PC=028 C=182 M=169 Y=249) P_ON(S=00009 H=005 A=000) A_REG=1 M_REG=0 UR(A(Goe)=+01 B(Roe)=-01 C(PMoe)=+01 D(Bkoe)=-01 E(PCoe)=+01 F(Coe)=+01 G(Moe)=+01 H(Bkbi)=+01 I(Cbi)=+01 J(Mbi)=+01 K(BkCLbi)=+01) WP=0024 CDIN(LG=001 PB=000) MSD(49710) TPAGE=1500 PAGE(All=00083 PP=00035 HR+MP=00003 PR+SP+SG =00000 GP =00000 PC=00000 ENV=00000 L=5 2L=0) UCPAGE(All=00083 PP=00035 HR+MP=00003 PR+SP+SG =00000 GP =00000 PC=00000 ENV=00000 L=5 2L=0) BPPAGE(All=00083 BSSP=00003 PC=00000) CDPAGE(All=000 A4=000 L=000 2L=000 PC=000 OTR=000) EDGE(ALL=00083 PC=000 UPC=000 OTR=000 UOTR=000) CDR=00000 CDRP=(-00005,-00029) CDRS=(000) Head Temp =18.5 Head Temp 1=17.5 Env Temp=30.0 FF (3F 3F 3F) HDEEPROM V0001 SN=a9850000 LN(00015) ID=01 IL=(G=00 R=00 PM=00 BK=00 PC=00 C2=00 M2=00 Y=00 M1=00 C1=00)
Printed items: 1. Model name 2. ROM version 3. Connected I/F (USB1/USB2) 4. Waste ink amount 5. Installation date 6. Operator call/service call error record 7. Last printing time 8. Purging count (manual/deep cleaning/timer/dot count/ink tank or print head replacement) 9. Cleaning time (CLT0/CLT1) 10. Print head replacement count 11. Ink tank replacement count (dye G/R/PM/BK/PC/C/M/Y) 12. Ink status (dye G/R/PM/BK/PC/C/M/Y) 13. Total ink consumption (G/R/PM/BK/PC/C/M/Y) 14. Power-on count (soft/hard/auto) 15. Automatic print head alignment by user 15-1. Manual print head alignment by user 16. User print head alignment values (Goe/Roe/PMoe/Bkoe/PCoe/Coe/Moe/Bkbi/Cbi/Mbi/BkCLbi)
17. Wiping count 18. Camera Direct Print-supported device connection record 19. Longest period where printing stops 20. Total print pages 21. ASF feed pages (total, plain paper, High Resolution Paper & Matte Photo Paper, Photo Paper Pro & Photo Paper Plus Glossy & Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Glossy Photo Paper, postcard, envelope, L-size & 4x6, 2L-size & 5x7) 22. U-turn cassette feed pages (total, plain paper, High Resolution Paper & Matte Photo Paper, Photo Paper Pro & Photo Paper Plus Glossy & Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Glossy Photo Paper, postcard, envelope, L-size & 4x6, 2L-size & 5x7) 23. Auto duplex print pages (total, Photo Paper Plus Double Sided, postcard) 24. Camera Direct print pages (total, A4 & LTR, L-size & 4x6, 2L-size & 5x7, postcard, other) 25. Borderless print pages (total, postcard via ASF, postcard via U-turn cassette, other via ASF, other via U-turn cassette) 26. Number of CD-Rs printed 27. CD-R print position adjustment 28. CD-R sensor correction value 29. Print head temperature (chip 0 for G/R/PM/BK/PC, chip 1 for C/M/Y) 30. Inside temperature 31. Line inspection information
HDEEPROM 32. Version 33. Serial number 34. Lot number 35. Print head ID 36. Ink ejection level (BK/PM/PC/M/C/Y/G/R) To the top <Part 1: 3. REPAIR, 3-4>
4. PRINTER TRANSPORTATION
This section describes the procedures for transporting the printer for returning after repair, etc. 1) In the service mode, press the Power button to finish the mode, and confirm that the paper lifting plate of the sheet feeder unit is raised. 2) Keep the print head and ink tanks installed in the carriage. [See Caution 1 below.] 3) Turn off the printer to securely lock the carriage in the home position. (When the printer is turned off, the carriage is automatically locked in place.) [See Caution 2 below.] Caution: (1) If the print head is removed from the printer and left alone by itself, ink (especially the pigment black ink) is likely to dry. For this reason, keep the print head installed in the printer even during transportation. (2) Securely lock the carriage in the home position, to prevent the carriage from moving and applying stress to the carriage flexible cable, or causing ink leakage, during transportation. To the top <Part 1: 4. PRINTER TRANSPORTATION>
1. NEW TECHNOLOGIES
(1) Larger color space by 8 colors of ink (6 colors + red + green) By adding the red and green ink, a larger color space than the 6-color printer is available. (2) Highest in class print speed By increasing the print head drive frequency by 20% over conventional printers, further improvement in photo print speed has been achieved.
(3) Multi-paper path functionality (ASF, front cassette, CD-R printing*, automatic duplex printing) as a standard feature - Cassette: Except Photo Stickers and credit card size, same types and sizes of paper as the sheet feeder, including photo papers, are supported. - Sheet feeder: Photo Stickers and credit card size are supported. * Support of CD-R printing differs according to region.
(4) New design A new generation printer design by complete renovation of styling has been adopted.
(5) Automatic creation of a photo album By using Photo Paper Plus Double Sided and dedicated application software, a photo album can be created automatically.
(6) CD-R direct printing without using the CD-R tray feeder (applicable only to specific regions) By incorporating CD-R tray feeder functionality into the printer, CD-R direct printing can be performed without using a CD-R tray feeder.
(7) Automatic duplex printing unit installed as a standard feature For the following paper types and sizes, automatic duplex printing can be performed: - Type: Plain paper, Super White Paper, Photo Paper Plus Double Sided - Size: A5, B5, 5" x 7", A4, LTR
(8) Automatic print head alignment The simple print head alignment featured in the i990 is automatically performed. At connection to a computer, or at Camera Direct Printing, the print head can be adjusted automatically, freeing users from performing the simple print head alignment. Manual print head alignment is available in the printer driver's Maintenance sheet's Custom Settings.
To the top <Part 2: 1. NEW TECHNOLOGIES>
2. CLEANING MODE AND AMOUNT OF INK PURGED
To prevent printing problems due to bubbles, dust, or ink clogging, print head cleaning is performed before the start of printing, except in the following cases: - Cleaning on arrival: Performed when the access cover is closed. - Cleaning by dot count: Performed after ejection of paper (or after printing on the back side of paper when auto duplex printing is performed). <Cleaning mode list> Condition On arrival of the printer (All at the same time) Dot count cleaning Details First cleaning after shipped from the plant. When the specified number of dots are printed since the previous cleaning. (Number of ejected ink droplets in each line of nozzles is counted, and addd to the number of dots.) If 120 to 480 hours have elapsed since the previous cleaning till the start of the next printing. 2.17 0.79 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) 0.59 (C/M/Y) Amount of ink used (g) Est. required time (sec.) 84 67
Timer cleaning - 0 Timer cleaning - 1 At print head replacement -1 (All at the same time) At print head replacement -2 (All at the same time) At ink tank replacement - 1 (All at the same time) At ink tank replacement - 2 (Each color)
0.79 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) 0.59 (C/M/Y)
If 480 or longer hours have elapsed since the previous cleaning till 1.87 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) the start of the next printing. 1.37 (C/M/Y) When the same print head (same print head serial number) is removed and installed. 1.87 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) 1.37 (C/M/Y)
When the print head is removed, and a new print head is installed. 2.17 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) 1.56 (C/M/Y) When more than 1 ink tanks are replaced without removing and installing the print head. 0.79 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) 0.59 (C/M/Y)
When replacement of an ink tank is detected*1 , and when ink tank 0.94 (BK/PM) 0.94 (PC/R) replacement is performed without removing and installing the print head, cleaning for the detected color(s) is conducted. 0.94 (G) 0.78 (C) 0.78 (M) 0.78 (Y) - Via the operation panel (All at the same time only) - Via the printer driver Via the printer driver 0.79 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) 0.59 (C/M/Y) 0.94 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) 0.78 (C/M/Y) 1.87 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) 1.37 (C/M/Y) 1.87 (G/R/PM/BK/PC) 1.37 (C/M/Y)
Manual cleaning -1 (All at the same time) Manual cleaning -2 (Each color)
Via the printer driver Deep cleaning (All at the same time/Each color) If the print head has not been capped before power-on (All at the same time)
*1: After the print head moves to the ink tank replacement position at low ink detection, - when the raw ink amount changes from low to high, the applicable ink tank is considered to have been replaced. - when the raw ink amount changes from high to low, or the raw ink amount stays unchanged (high or low), it is considered that ink tanks are not replaced.
To the top <Part 2: 2. CLEANING MODE AND AMOUNT OF INK PURGED>
4. FAQ (Problems Specific to the iP8500 and Corrective Actions)
No. * Function Phenomenon Margin (approx. 0.3mm) 1 C Print results Condition - Paper feeding from the cassette, Photo Paper Plus Double Sided (A4), borderless printing, printing on the back side of paper - In the low temperature and low humidity environment - Skewed paper feeding 2 B Print results - Printing on the platen - Plain paper - In the high temperature and high humidity environment Cause Corrective action - In the printer driver, increase the amount of extension. - Change the paper feeding method from the cassette to the auto sheet feeder. - If paper is curled, straighten it. - Try printing on the other side of paper. Possible call or complaint - A margin appears on printouts. - Paper feeds at an angle.
- Paper feeds at an angle. - Printing is performed on the platen. - The back side of paper gets smeared.
Variation in the top of form accuracy 3 B Print results
- A5 or legal size - In the low temperature and low humidity environment - Not solved even when the number of sheets stacked in the auto sheet feeder or the cassette is reduced
Due to decrease of paper feed capability in the low temperature and low humidity environment
- Set the top margin to 4mm - Print start position or more. varies.
- Skewed paper feeding 4 B Print results - Margin
- Photo Paper Plus Double Sided - 2L size (Japan only)
- In the printer driver, increase the amount of extension. - Change the paper feeding method from the cassette to the auto sheet feeder. In borderless printing, 1. Perform Bottom plate printing is performed to the cleaning (from the size slightly larger than the printer driver) up to 3 paper size, and ink off the times*1. paper is absorbed by the 2. If soiling on the paper platen's ink absorber. still remains after 3 Absorbed ink may attach to times of Bottom plate the platen rib(s) after cleaning, wipe the several dozen sheets are platen rib(s) and their printed, causing soiling at surroundings with a the leading edge of paper cotton swab. or on the back side of paper. On the rib(s) inside the sheet feed unit used for duplex printing, ink mist may accumulate, smearing paper. Temporary operational solution:
- A margin appears on printouts. - Paper feeds at an angle.
Soiling on the back side of paper (lines or streaks parallel to the paper feed direction) 5 A Print results
- After continuous borderless printing of small sized paper (such as 4 x 6), when a larger sized paper (such as A4) is printed. - With Photo Paper Plus Double Sided or postcards, the phenomenon is likely to be noticeable and to be complained of by users, as printing is performed on both sides of such paper.
- Paper gets smeared. - The back side of paper gets smeared.
Soiling on paper in - Automatic duplex printing automatic duplex (Photo Paper Plus Double printing (lines or Sided, postcards, plain streaks perpendicular paper) to the paper feed direction)
- Paper gets smeared.
- The back side of paper gets smeared. Cancel automatic duplex printing, and manually print - Even after Bottom each side of paper. plate cleaning was performed, and the platen ribs were Cleaning by user: cleaned with cotton 1. Perform Bottom plate swab, paper gets cleaning (from the smeared. printer driver) up to 3 *1. times 2. If soiling on the paper still remains after 3 times of Bottom plate cleaning, wipe the platen rib(s) and their surroundings with a cotton swab. If the phenomenon persists after conducting 1 and 2, servicing is required. Service: Wipe any soiling or dirt off from the sheet feed unit and the bottom case unit ribs*2.
Scratches on paper
- PP-101D, PP-101, PR-101, SG-101, etc. - Paper feeding from the cassette - Multiple number of sheets loaded
Scratches on the PF return lever due to paper feeding from the cassette, and duplex printing path.
- Change the paper feeding method from the cassette to the auto sheet feeder. - If automatic duplex printing is performed, cancel it, and, by setting only a single sheet of paper in the auto sheet feeder, manually print
- Paper is scratched. - Marks appear on printed paper.
each side of paper. Streaks or uneven printing at the leading edge (from top to approx. 3mm down) or at the Print results trailing edge (from the bottom up to approx. 18mm) on specialty paper in grayscale printing Only when all the following conditions are met: - If paper is curled, the - Cancel grayscale printing, - Lines or uneven leading or trailing edge and print in colors. printing at the top or contacts the ink absorber, - To print color image in bottom of paper - Specialty paper (PR, SP, SG, preventing the dot gray, change the image MP GP, etc.) placement accuracy, color in gray using the - Grayscale printing resulting in uneven application, then print it printing or streaks. in colors. - Paper is curled. - Uneven printing at the - Straighten the paper. trailing edge. Incorrect bidirectional positioning of the print head. (Inaccuracy in ink droplet placement at the trailing edge) Perform print head alignment. - Perform automatic print head alignment. - If the problem is not solved by automatic print head alignment, perform manual print head alignment. Color hue differs (or printing is uneven) in the bottom area.
Uneven printing at Only when both the following the trailing edge conditions are met: (from the bottom end - Photo Paper Plus Double to approx. 20mm up) Sided (PP-101D) - Printing in dark flat color
*1: Change the paper in each Bottom plate cleaning. The cleaning can end when paper does not get any soiling. *2: Locations to clean in servicing when soiling on paper in automatic duplex printing persists:
* Occurrence level: A: The symptom is likely to occur frequently. (Caution required) B: The symptom may occur under certain conditions, but likeliness is assumed very low in practical usage. C: The symptom is unlikely to be recognized by the user, and no practical issues are assumed. To the top
<Part 2: 4. FAQ>
PIXMA iP8500 Bubble Jet Printer
Superior professional quality. The definitive photo printer.
PIXMA A REVOLUTION IN PRINTING 23 years ago, the Canon Bubble Jet printer redefined home and office printing. Now, Canon introduces the new generation of printers PIXMA. PIXMA is the direct result of Canons expertise in print-head technology, photography and copying. It brings new standards of print quality to photographic printing. And with an inkjet print-head thats one of the worlds most sophisticated, PIXMA delivers unsurpassed speed and reliability. BRILLIANT IMAGES. SHARPER TEXT. FASTER PRINTING Canons new PIXMA Bubble Jet printers are the first to feature the FINE print-head. FINE places microscopic 2 picolitre ink droplets on the page with unparalleled accuracy and consistency. These droplets are smaller than what is visible to the human eye. This level of precision creates outstanding photo quality and razor-sharp text. The FINE print-head also features a greater number of ink nozzles to achieve faster printing speeds.
PROFESSIONAL QUALITY PHOTO PRINTS. FAST
2 picolitre FINE technology produces enhanced shading and fine detail for superb images. Features ChromaPLUS 8 individual ink tanks, with additional red and green inks for greater range of colour, saturation and contrast.
2 picolitre FINE technology eliminates graininess to produce razor-sharp images
Expanded colour gamut provides better colour reproduction
8-colour model (solid) 6-colour ink iP8500 8-colour ink, for increased vibrancy and contrast
Produces images of such professional quality, they compare to positive film. Dedicated ICC profiles are provided for printing Adobe RGB images to retain a wide colour range. Creates true borderless 6" x 4", 5" x 7" and A4 size photos. Produces high-definition prints and documents at up to 4800 x 2400 dpi.1 Prints up to 17 ppm black and 15 ppm colour.2 Prints a borderless 6" x 4" photo in around 21 seconds.2
Direct Printing (camera not included)
CONVENIENT, VERSATILE PRINTING
Print directly from any compatible digital camera using Bubble Jet Direct or PictBridge technology, the industry standard for direct printing no computer required.3 Quickly and easily prints high-quality images and text directly onto printable CD-R and DVD-R media, via a convenient front-loading tray.4 Sophisticated functionality makes operation and maintenance simple.
Prints directly on CD-R and DVD-R media
GREAT VALUE AND VERSATILITY
Stores each ink colour in separate, transparent ink tanks so that when one colour has run out, only that ink tank needs to be replaced, which saves you money. Includes a dual paper-path, so that paper can be loaded from the auto sheet-feeder (ASF) or front cassette, perfect for switching between plain paper and photo paper. Convenient automatic duplex unit allows for double-sided printing, reducing paper wastage. Large plain paper capacity up to 300 sheets. Paper can be fed and ejected at the front, allowing the printer to be positioned against a wall to save you space. The stylish design will complement any home or office environment. USB 2.0 high-speed ensures fast data transfer, so you dont have to waste time waiting.
Easy-PhotoPrint Easy-to-use application for printing out digital photos, retouching portraits and lab-quality trimming. Easy-PhotoPrint can also be used in conjunction with Digital Photo Professional* to enable images photographed in Adobe RGB colour space with a Canon digital SLR to be printed with full and faithful colour reproduction. Easy-WebPrint Prevents unwanted trimming of the right hand side of printed web pages, eliminating waste and frustration. PhotoRecord Makes it easy for you to create beautiful photo albums complete with creative layouts and captions. CD-LabelPrint Allows quick and easy printing directly onto printable CD-R and DVD-R media.
*RAW image processing software application supplied with many high-end Canon EOS Digital SLR cameras.
CHOOSE FROM GENUINE CANON PAPER AND INKS To get the most brilliant results from your Canon printer, we recommend you use genuine Canon papers and inks. Canon papers and inks are designed to complement the new FINE print-head technology so, when used together, youre assured of receiving the optimal quality and longevity of photos, print after print.
Print on a wide variety of paper types, including: Photo Paper Pro, Photo Paper Plus Glossy, Matte Photo Paper and Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss. Photo Paper Pro now gives you up to 100 years permanence, producing prints which will last well over a lifetime when stored in a photo album.5 New Photo Paper Plus Glossy (PP-101D) allows for double-sided photo printing, which is not only economical, but also allows you to be as creative as you like.
Auto Duplex Printing with double-sided photo printing
PIXMA iP8500 Bubble Jet Printer Specifications
PRINTER FUNCTIONS PAPER FEEDING Automatic feed PRINTING METHOD Bubble Jet ink-on-demand with advanced FINE (Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) technology PRINTING SPEED1 Monochrome: approx. 17 ppm Colour Graphics: approx. 15 ppm Glossy Photo Print (8" x 10" image on PP-101 Draft): approx. 0.86 ppm Photo Paper Plus Glossy (6" x 4"): approx. 21 seconds borderless MAXIMUM PRINTING RESOLUTION 4800 x 2400 dpi BORDERLESS PRINTING A4, Letter, 5" x 7", 6" x 4", Credit Card (2.1" x 3.4") INK TANK BCI-6G/R/PM/PC/C/M/Y/Bk individual Colour ink tanks INK YIELD Black: approx. 740 pages* / approx. 1100 pages** Colour: Cyan: approx. 1100 / Magenta: approx. 790 / Yellow: approx. 540 pages / Photo Cyan: approx. 380 / Photo Magenta: approx. 280 / Red: approx. 2300 / Green: approx. 2300 pages** PAPER HANDLING AND CAPACITY 300 sheets (ASF + Paper cassette) APPROX. PAPER HANDLING (ASF / Paper Cassette) Plain Paper (13mm): 150 / 150 Super White Paper (SW-201): 100 / 100 High Resolution Paper(HR-101N): 80 / 80 Photo Paper Pro (PR-101): A4: 10, 6" x 4": 20 / A4: 10, 6" x 4": 20 Photo Paper Plus Glossy (PP-101): A4 / 5" x 7": 10, 6" x 4": 20 / A4 / 5" x 7": 10, 6" x 4": 20 Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss (SG-101): A4: 10, 6" x 4": 20 / A4: 10, 6" x 4": 20 Glossy Photo Paper (GP-401): A4: 10, 6" x 4" / Credit card: 20 / A4: 10, 6" x 4": 20 Matte Photo Paper (MP-101): A4: 10 / A4: 10 Photo Paper Plus Double sided (PP-101D): A4 / 5" x 7": 10 / A4 / 5" x 7": 10 Photo Stickers (PS-101): 1 / N/A Envelope (DL, Com. #10): 10 / 5 Transparencies (CF-102): 30 / 30 T-Shirt Transfers (TR-301): 1 / 1 SUPPORTED PAPER SIZES A4, A5, B5, Letter, Legal, Envelopes (DL, Com. #10), 5" x 7", 6" x 4", Credit card (2.1" x 3.4") SUPPORTED PAPER WEIGHTS 64-105g/m2 (supports Photo Paper Plus Double sided PP-101D 273g/m2)
*Black text: 1500 characters per page, normal text, at default and plain paper mode with Windows XP using Word 2003. ** Colour: based on printing ISO/JIS-SCID no. 5 pattern at default and plain paper mode with Windows XP using Adobe Photoshop 7.0
PRINTABLE AREA Top Margin: 3mm Bottom Margin: 5mm Horizontal max: 203mm Borderless photo printing: Top and Bottom margin: 0mm Horizontal max: up to 216mm GENERAL FEATURES Weight: approx. 7.3 kg Power Source: AC 220-240V, 50 / 60Hz Power Consumption: Max: 23W (printing), Standby: 1W Acoustic Noise Level: 36dB (A) in best quality mode Operating Environment: Temperature: 5-35C, Humidity: 10-90% RH (no condensation) Storage Environment: Temperature: 0-40C, Humidity: 5-95% RH (no condensation) Dimensions (W x D x H): 453 x 293 x 170mm (minimum dimensions with paper trays and extensions closed) BUNDLED SOFTWARE Windows : Easy-PhotoPrint, Easy-WebPrint, PhotoRecord, CD-LabelPrint Macintosh : Mac OS 9.x: Easy-PhotoPrint, Mac OS X v 10.2.x: Easy-PhotoPrint, CD-LabelPrint INTERFACE USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, USB, Direct Print Port (PictBridge / Bubble Jet Direct) COMPATIBLE OS (Printer Driver) USB: Windows XP/2000/Me/98. Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X v 10.2.x USB 2.0 Hi-Speed: Windows XP/2000. Mac OS X v 10.2.7 or later SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS Windows : Use a computer equipped to operate Windows XP/2000/Me/98. Integrated USB interface, CD-ROM. HDD space for driver installation; Windows XP/2000: 50MB, Windows Me/98: 15MB Macintosh : Use a Macintosh equipped with USB interface to run Mac OS 9.x or Mac OS X v.10.2.x USB interface, CD-ROM. HDD space for driver installation; Mac OS 9.x: 30MB, Mac OS X v.10.2.x: 100MB DIRECT PRINT FUNCTIONS 6 Cameras: Canon Bubble Jet Direct or PictBridge compatible digital cameras and digital video cameras Paper Size: A4, 5" x 7", 6" x 4", Letter, Credit card, Photo Stickers (PS-101) Supported Functions: Exif Print, Trimming, DPOF (Bubble Jet Direct only) INCLUDED IN THE BOX PIXMA iP8500 Bubble Jet printer, CD Tray, Driver and software for Windows and Macintosh, 8 individual ink tanks, 12 month warranty card, Permanent Print head, Power cable, Quick Set-up guide book
PRINT SPEED GUIDES
The 1 year warranty can be upgraded to 3 years for a minimal cost and is backed by Canons Customer Care Info-Line support. Driver updates and Technical Support are also available from our websites canon.com.au or canon.co.nz
Black Text (MEMO) A4
Text & Photo A4
Photo A4 (Image 8" x 10") (Photo courtesy of SOUIS-SCIO reprinted by permission)
Canon Australia Pty. Ltd. ABN 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia Freecall: 167 Facsimile No: + Canon New Zealand Limited Akoranga Business Park, Akoranga Drive Northcote, Auckland, New Zealand Freecall: 666 Facsimile No: + canon.com.au canon.co.nz canon.com.au/digitalimage Canon is a registered trademark of Canon Inc. and advanced simplicity is a registered trademark of Canon Australia Pty Limited. PIXMA and the PIXMA logo are trademarks of Canon Inc. Microsoft, Windows and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1. Ink droplets can be placed with a pitch of 1/4800 inch at minimum. 2. Print speed dependent on the complexity of the document being printed, type of paper used and does not take into account data processing time on host computer. 3. PictBridge camera direct and Bubble Jet Direct printing requires PictBridge or Bubble Jet Direct compatible digital cameras in order to function. Check with your digital camera manufacturer or users guide to determine PictBridge or Bubble Jet Direct compatibility. 4. Requires CD-R media with inkjet compatible printing surface check suitability before attempting to print on the media. 5. 100 Years Life in a Photo Album. Kept in a photo album, shut out light and air (gas), temperature 23 degrees and 50% humidity. Predicted value from the accelerated test. When printed with genuine Canon inks on Photo Paper Pro. Result may vary based on individual environmental factors. For more information, please visit canon.com.au/news/story_565.html 6. Check individual cameras for compatibility. All data based on Canons Standard Test Method. All specifications are subject to change without notice. Camera shown to demonstrate PictBridge functionality is not included with the PIXMA iP8500 Bubble Jet printer. Canon Australia proudly supports recycling of printer cartridges through the Cartridges 4 Planet Ark programme. ICAN0444
HBH-PV710 32PFL3312 Seiko 3M22 NV-XYZ777 NOW AW Carrera 2 XV-DV232 Manual Pw-222 Powerbank II Balance NVT 400 XTZ125-2006 RB-930AX DCR-TRV340 KDC-W3534 ICF-C218 GR-T382GV Insert DGB-600BC LT-32X70BU CDP-227ESD 1 4 KEH-M8300RDS 37PFL9603 DCS-5230 Nokia 1606 SGH-T539 EMC3060 Redefined Equium L300 Gpsmap 420S HC3800 RCD-971 42PG2500 Linux C5130 190 VP Windows 7 Photo Printer TH-46PZ86FV Controller QW-2714 XR-L500 Xpress Dx2 Dock 3 Oregon Logano G211 Optio V10 Driver Windows 7 DA-3630A Rider 2 44-91 Harmony 628 DP450FR M4345 MFP XR-A370 SLV-SX700D RDM 126 Wl-537S LN52A580p6F Siemens A70 TX-9500 42LG30R-MA Printer AR 687 LG UT24 Tetris DS EM-30 DSP1024P PMC 46 460UT FM 210R TXP42GT20B ML-7300 R-X300 T2 T5 A1000CD Dslr-A380 Syner-G TAM ICF-PRO70 Review CQ-VA7300N SEG Mri1 Electronic C300 C-5050 LA26A450c1N Pocketcam 8200 MD-MT180 TX-29PS2F Print Head Adapter 140-2 1220CSE FL1600 GTA 480 NEC E616 RFG297aars XAA Quick 2 DA-5630A USR9003 P3520 Dimage Z1 Ink Cartridges AL-1610 Lausanne CD30 C-5000 Thinkpad Z61T
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101