Samsung SGH-I896 Manual
Here you can find all about Samsung SGH-I896 like drivers and other informations. For example: battery, manual.
Samsung SGH-I896 manual (user guide) is ready to download for free.
On the bottom of page users can write a review. If you own a Samsung SGH-I896 please write about it to help other people. [ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Samsung SGH-I896 photo ]
User reviews and opinions
|g_magnan||1:47am on Saturday, October 16th, 2010|
|One of latest feature of smart phone which is web surfing. Easy Web Surfing enough to close to Mouse Few things if you dont mind: Samsung Omnia SGH-i900 (8GB) has full screen so I can see film on big Screen. Samsung Omnia SGH-i900 (8GB)|
|lodp||2:57am on Sunday, July 25th, 2010|
|this is my honest unbiast opinion i have just upgraded to the omnia from an iphone and i will never look back.this is a fantstic phone in every way. Had the vodafone version and after a week of ownership I sent it back.|
|nst38||8:31pm on Thursday, July 22nd, 2010|
|It is a great phone good graphics and everything okay interface and no manual Just got it for 2 days, it was a very good PDA phone, nice touch screen interface, 5 megapix camera with auto focus and flash.|
|irian||5:39am on Tuesday, May 18th, 2010|
|This from my experience is a poor substitute for a Blackberry,frequently drops calls,complex layout takes some adapting to,downloading pictures.|
|zmi||1:36am on Wednesday, April 28th, 2010|
|Its 8GB storage is wonderful to install as many apps as one could want. Some of the 3rd party apps are very good to make it more convenient to use.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
Calls.. 31 Text and Multimedia Messages.. 36 Gmail.. 38 Email... 40 Samsung Email.. 42 Samsung IM.. 42 Talk... 42 Social Hub... 43
Calendar... 64 Memo... 65 Voice Recorder.. 66
Internet... 67 Google Search... 70 Layar... 70 Google Maps.. 70 YouTube.. 72 Daily Briefing... 73 Market... 74
Camera.. 44 Video Player.. 54 Gallery... 55 Music Player... 57
Bluetooth... 75 Wi-Fi.. 77 AllShare.. 79 TV Connections (TV Out Mode).. 81
PC Connections.. 82
Clock... 85 Calculator... 87 Mini Diary... 87 My Files.. 88 ThinkFree Office... 88 Write and Go... 90 Voice Dialler.. 90 GPS Navigator... 91 Samsung Apps... 91
Display... 97 Location and security... 97 Applications... 98 Accounts and sync.. 99 Privacy... 100 SD card and phone storage.. 100 Search.. 101 Locale and text.. 101 Voice input and output.. 103 Accessibility... 104 Date and time... 104 About phone... 104
Settings.. 93 Wireless and network... 93 Call settings.. 95 Sound... 96
troubleshooting..105 health and safety information..110
Getting the Most Out of Your Reception.. 110 Safe Use of and Access to Your Phone. 112
Caring for the Battery.. 115 Special Precautions and Industry Canada Notice. 116 Specific Absorption Rates (SAR). 117 Owners Record.. 118
Standard Limited Warranty.. 119
using this manual
This user manual has been designed to guide you through the functions and features of your mobile phone.
Before you start, familiarize yourself with the icons that are used in this manual: Warning: Situations that could cause injury to yourself or others. Caution: Situations that could cause damage to your phone or to other equipment. Note: Notes, usage tips, or additional information.
Refer to: Pages with related information. For example:p. 12 (represents see page 12). Followed by: The order in which options or menus must be selected to perform a step. For example: Select Messaging New message represents: select Messaging followed by New message.
Get to Know the Idle Screen
When your phone turns on or is in Idle mode, the Idle screen is displayed. From this screen, you can access various features and status information. The Idle screen has seven panels. Scroll left or right to a panel on the Idle screen. You can also select a dot on the top of the screen to move to the corresponding panel of the Idle screen.
Add items to the Idle screen:
You can customize the Idle screen by adding shortcuts to applications or items in applications, widgets, or folders. To add items to the Idle screen: 1. Press [ ] Add or tap an hold an empty area on the idle screen. 2. Select the item category and then select an item: Widgets: Add Android widgets to the Idle screen. 17
Shortcuts: Add shortcuts to items, such as applications, bookmark, and contacts. Folders: Create a new folder or add folders for your contacts. Wallpapers: Set a background image. Available items vary depending on the current Idle screen mode. To move items on the Idle screen: 1. Touch and hold the item that you want to move. 2. Drag the item to a new location. To remove items from the Idle screen: 1. Touch and hold the item that you want to remove. The item is highlighted and the icon appears at the bottom of the screen. 2. Drag the item to the trash tab. 18
3. When the item and the trash tab turn red, release the item.
Use the shortcuts panel
In Idle mode or while using an application, tap the indicator icons area and drag your finger down to open the shortcuts panel. You can activate or deactivate wireless connection features and access a list of a notifications, such as messages, calls, events, or processing status. To hide the shortcuts panel, drag the bottom of the list up. To clear the notification list, select Clear. In the shortcuts panel, you can access the following options: Wi-Fi: Activate or deactivate the WLAN connection feature. p. 77 Bluetooth: Activate or deactivate the Bluetooth wireless connection feature. p. 75 GPS: Activate or deactivate GPS mode.
Silent: Activate or deactivate Silent mode.
Add or remove panels from the Idle screen
You can add or remove panels from the Idle screen to organise widgets according to your preferences and needs. 1. In Idle mode, press [ ] Edit. Select to add a new panel. To remove a panel, drag it to the icon at the bottom of the screen. When the trash tab turns red, release the item.
3. Aim the lens at the subject and make any necessary adjustments. 10 8
Check the camera status and settings. : Resolution : Exposure meter type :GPS indicator : Number of photos you can take (according to available memory) : Default storage location Use the timer. Change the shooting mode. Change the scene mode. Adjust the exposure value. Change the camera settings. Hide or display icons in the viewfinder. Switch to the camcorder. Capture a photo. View the photo or video that you captured last. 45
You can also press the volume keys to zoom in and out. If you want the lens to focus on a location other than the centre of the screen, tap the preview screen where you want to focus. The focus frame moves to that location and changes to green when the subject is in focus. 4. Select to take a photo. The photo is saved automatically. After taking photos, select to view the photos. View more photos: scroll left or right. Zoom in or out: Select or , double tap on the screen or place two fingers on the screen and slowly pinch or spread them apart. Share: Send a photo to others. Set as: Set a photo as wallpaper or a contact icon. Delete: Delete a photo.
To capture a photo using preset options for types of scenes: Your camera provides you with predefined settings for various scenes. You can select the proper mode for your shooting condition and subjects. For example, when you take photos at night, select the night mode that uses an extended exposure. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Camera. 2. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to the landscape view. 3. Select 5. Select , select a scene, and then select to take a photo. 4. Make any necessary adjustments. To capture a series of photos: You can easily take a series of photos of moving subjects. This is useful when you are photographing a sporting event or children at play.
1. In Idle mode, select Applications Camera. 2. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to the landscape view. 3. Select Continuous. 4. Make any necessary adjustments. 5. Tap and hold. The camera will continue to take photos until you release the camera shutter. Image resolution is reduced to 640 x 480 pixels (0.3 mega pixels). To capture a panoramic photo: You can take wide panoramic photos using Panorama shooting mode. This mode is convenient for photographing landscapes. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Camera.
2. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to the landscape view. 3. Select 5. Select Panorama. to take the first photo.
4. Make any necessary adjustments. 6. Slowly move the phone in any direction and align the green frame with the viewfinder. When you have aligned the green frame and viewfinder, the camera will automatically take the next photo. 7. Repeat step 6 six more times to complete the panoramic photo. Image resolution is reduced to 640 x 480 pixels (0.3 megapixels).
To capture a photo in Smile shot mode: Your camera can recognise peoples faces and help you to take photos when they smile. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Camera. 2. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to the landscape view.
1. In Idle mode, select Applications Camera. 2. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to the landscape view. 3. Select 5. Select Beauty. to take a photo. 4. Make any necessary adjustments. To capture a vintage photo: You can take photos with a vintage look and feel. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Camera. 2. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to the landscape view. 3. Select Vintage. 4. Select to select a colour filter (Normal, Warm, Cool or Mono). 5. Make any necessary adjustments.
3. Select 5. Select.
4. Make any necessary adjustments. 6. Aim the camera lens at your subject. Your phone recognizes people in an image and detects their smiles. When the subject smiles, the camera automatically takes a photo. To capture a beauty photo: Beauty mode applies a soft focus effect that smooths facial imperfections. 48
to take a photo.
To capture a photo using the frame guide: You can take two photos with the same background and then combine the left and right halves of each photo into one photo. This feature is useful if you want to take a photo with a friend but no one is available to take the photo for you. Image resolution is reduced to 640 x 480 pixels (0.3 megapixels). 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Camera. 2. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to the landscape view. 3. Select 5. Select Add me. to take the first photo. 4. Make any necessary adjustments.
The left half of the first photo appears as a transparent guide for the next photo. 6. Make any necessary adjustments with the aid of the guide. 7. Select to take the second photo. The phone automatically combines the left side of the first photo and the right side of the second photo into one photo. To capture an action photo: You can capture shots of a moving subject and then combine them into a single photo that shows the action. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Camera. 2. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to the landscape view. 3. Select 5. Select Action shot. to take the first photo. 49 4. Make any necessary adjustments.
6. Move the phone to follow the moving subject. The phone automatically captures the next photos. 7. Continue to follow the subject until the phone has captured all of the shots required for the action photo. Image resolution is reduced to 640 x 480 pixels (0.3 megapixels).
Customize the camera settings
Before taking a photo, select following options: Option Function to access the
Outdoor visibility Activate to enhance LCD visibility outdoors. Focus mode Take close-up photos or set the camera to automatically detect and focus on the subject or on human faces. Change the cameras resolution. Adjust the colour balance to suit lighting conditions. Apply a special effect, such as sepia or black and white tones.
Customize the camcorder settings
Before capturing a video, select following options: Option Timer White balance Effects Function Select the length of delay before the camera starts recording a video. Adjust the colour balance to suit the lighting conditions. Apply a special effect, such as negative, sepia or black and white tones. Set the quality level for your videos. Adjust contrast, saturation, and sharpness. to access the
Outdoor visibility Enhances LCD visibility outdoors.
Scroll left or right: View more videos. Play: Play a video. Delete: Delete a video. Share: Send a video to others.
Video quality Adjust
Before capturing a video, select following settings: Setting Guidelines Function
.3gp,.mp4,.avi,.wmv,.flv,.mkv (Codec: MPEG4, H.263, Sorenson H.263, H.264, VC-1). Some file formats may not be supported, depending on the software of the phone. If the file size exceeds the available memory, an error can occur when you open files. To play a video: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Video Player. 2. Select the video that you want to play. 3. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to landscape view. 4. Control the playback with the following icons: Icon Function Change the ratio of the video screen.
Display the guidelines on the preview screen. Set the camera to display the recorded video or return to capture mode. Select the default location for storing captured videos. Reset menus and shooting options.
Audio recording Turn audio recording on or off.
You can use the video player to play various kinds of videos. The video player supports the following file formats: 54
Function Scan backward in a file (tap and hold). Pause playback or select playback. to resume
You can view photos and play videos saved in your phones memory or on a memory card. If your phone indicates that the memory is full when you access Gallery, delete some of the files using My Files or other file management applications and try again.
Scan forward in a file (tap and hold). Activate the 5.1 channel surround sound system when headphones are connected.
2. Select a date on the calendar. In the month view, days with scheduled events are indicated by a small triangle. To move to a specific day by entering a date manually, press [ ] Go to, specify each field by selecting +/ - or tap the field and enter the setting, then select Set. To select today's date, press [ ] Today. 3. Select an event to view its details. You can send the event to others by pressing [ Send via and select an option. To stop an event alarm: If you set an alarm for a calendar event, the event alarm icon will appear at the specified time. 1. Open the shortcuts panel from the top of the screen (drag the bar down). 2. Select a reminder to view more details about the event. ]
3. To snooze or dismiss the reminder, select Snooze all or Dismiss all.
You can record important information to save and view later. To create a memo:
1. In Idle mode, select Applications Memo. 2. Select Create memo or press [ 3. Enter your memo text. 4. To change the background colour, select [ the keyboard and select a colour. 5. Select Save. To view memos: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Memo. ] to close ] Create.
2. Select a memo to view its details. You can send the memo to others by tapping and holding the memo and selecting an option.
To play a voice memo: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Voice Recorder. 2. Select the voice memo that you want to play. You can send the voice memo to others by tapping and holding a voice memo and selecting Share.
You can record memos with your phones voice recorder and then set the voice memos as call or alarm ringtones. To record a voice memo: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Voice Recorder. 2. Select to start recording. 3. Speak into the microphone. 4. When you are finished, select. 5. To record more voice memos, select at the bottom of the screen.
You can access and bookmark your favourite web pages. You might incur additional charges for accessing the web and downloading media. For details, contact your service provider. Available functions can vary depending on your region. To browse web pages: 1. In Idle mode, select Browser. The preset homepage opens. To access a specific web page, select the URL input field, enter the web address (URL) of the web page and select Go. 2. Navigate web pages by tapping links or entering the web address of the web page that you want to access.
Layar allows you to browse locations for real-time local information or maps using the camera in your phone and to share the information with others. In Idle mode, select Applications Layar and follow the on-screen instructions. This feature might not be available in your region.
You can search for information from websites using the Google Search service. The Google Search bar is added to your Idle screen by default. 1. In Idle mode, select the Google Search bar. 2. Enter one or more keywords and select. The phone opens the Google website and performs the search.
You can use Google Maps to find your location, search the online map for streets, cities, or countries, and get directions. This feature might not be available in your region. To use Google Maps, you must select Settings Location and security Use wireless networks or Use GPS satellites.
To open the map view: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Maps. To search the map: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Maps. 2. Drag your finger on the screen to scroll through the map. 3. To zoom in or out, select or , or place two fingers on the screen and move them apart or together. To find your location: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Maps. 2. Tap. To search for a specific location: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Maps. 2. Press [ ] Search. 3. Use one of the following methods:
Enter the address and select. Enter the category of the business and select. Select an address you have visited from the list. To get directions to a specific destination: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Maps. 2. Press [ ] Directions.
3. Enter the addresses of the starting location and the ending location. To enter an address from your contact list or to point to a location on the map, select My current location, Contacts, Point on map or Starred places (only appears if you have added stars to the map). 4. Select a travel method (car, bus, bicycle or walk) and select Go. 5. Select a travel route to view the details of your trip (if necessary). 6. Select Show on map. 71
To share your location using Google LatitudeTM: You can share your location with your friends and view your friends locations using Google LatitudeTM. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Maps. 2. Press [ 3. Press [
YouTube is a free online video streaming service. You can view and share videos using YouTube. This feature might not be available in your region.
] Join Latitude. ] Add friends and select an option.
4. Select the friends that you want to add or enter an email address and select Add friends Yes. When your friend accepts your invitation, you can share locations. You can view the marks that indicate the locations of your friends by pressing [ ] See map.
To watch videos on YouTube: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications YouTube. 2. Select a video from the list. 3. Rotate the phone counter-clockwise to switch to the landscape view.
4. Control playback using the following: 3
] for additional YouTube options.
You can get current weather, finance information, news, and schedule information from the web. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Daily Briefing.
2 Number Function Touch the screen to start or stop playback. Move to a point in the file by dragging indicator in the bar. Turn closed captioning on or off. Turn HQ display on or off.
2. If this is an initial access, tap the Tap to add city field and start entering the name of the city. As you type, a list of matching cities appears. Tap the city you want to add, tap Save, then tap. 3. Tap to update information. 4. Scroll left or right and add other types of information in a similar manner. Daily Briefing is also available as a Widget that can be displayed on the idle screen.
To select the information displayed on the screens, press [ ].
You can download games, ringtones, or other applications from the Android Market.
This feature might not be available in your region.
1. In Idle mode, select Applications Market. 2. Search for a file and download it to the phone. p. 27
Bluetooth is a short-range wireless communications technology capable of exchanging information over a distance of about 10 metres without requiring a physical connection. You do not need to line up the phones to beam information with Bluetooth. If the phones are within range of one another, you can exchange information between them even if they are located in different rooms. Samsung is not responsible for the loss, interception, or misuse of data sent or received using the Bluetooth wireless feature. Always ensure that you share and receive data with phones that are trusted and properly secured. If there are obstacles between the phones, the operating distance may be reduced.
Some phones may not be compatible with your phone, especially those that are not tested or approved by Bluetooth SIG. To turn on the Bluetooth wireless feature: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Settings Wireless and network Bluetooth settings. The preset homepage opens. 2. Select Bluetooth to turn on the Bluetooth wireless feature. A green check mark appears at the right side to indicate that it is turned on. To find and pair with other Bluetooth-enabled phones: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Settings Wireless and network Bluetooth settings Scan devices. 2. Select a device.
2. Enter the SSID for the network and select the security type. 3. Set the security settings depending on the selected security type. 4. Select Save. To connect to a WLAN using a Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS): Using WPS, you can connect to a secured network. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Settings Wireless and network Wi-Fi settings. 2. Select WPS button connection. 3. Press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes. To connect to a WLAN with a WPS PIN: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Settings Wireless and network Wi-Fi settings.
2. Select a network indicated by the WPS icon and select WPS PIN. 3. On the access point, enter the PIN and press the start button.
1. In Idle mode, select Applications AllShare. 2. Select Settings. 3. Adjust the following settings to customize the DLNA feature: Option Media server name Share media Access point network Function Enter a name for your phone as a media server. Turn on picture, video or audio sharing with other DLNA-enabled phones. Select a connection profile to use for DLNA connections.
You can use the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) service to share media files between DLNA-enabled phones over a WLAN. You must first activate the WLAN feature and add a WLAN profile. p. 77 To customize DLNA settings for sharing media files: To allow other DLNA-enabled phones to access media files on your phone, you must activate media sharing. Some files may not play on the DLNA-enabled phones, depending on the phones.
Upload from Set whether or not to accept upload from other devices other devices. Default memory Select the default memory location for saving downloaded media files.
To play your files on another DLNA-enabled phone: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications AllShare. 2. Select Play file from my phone on another player. 3. Select a media category and then select a file. 4. Select Add to playlist. 5. Select a player to play the media file. Playback begins on the selected player. 6. Control playback using the icons on your phone. Playback might be buffered, depending on the network connection and the connected server. To play others' files on your phone: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications AllShare. 2. Select Play file from server on my phone.
Your phone automatically searches for DLNA-enabled phones. 3. Select a phone as the media server (the one that contains media files). 4. Select a media category and a file. 5. Control playback using the icons on your phone. To play files from one phone on the other phone: 1. In Idle mode, select Applications AllShare. 2. Select Play file from server on another player via my phone. Your phone automatically searches for DLNA-enabled phones. 3. Select a phone to be the media server (the one that contains the media files). 4. Select a media category and a file. 5. Select a player (the one that will play the media file).
Playback begins at the selected player. 6. Control playback using the icons on your phone.
4. Select a video encoding system according to your region. Option PAL Function Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, England, Finland, Germany, Italy, Kuwait, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand Canada, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Taiwan, USA
TV Connections (TV Out Mode)
You can connect your phone to a TV and view the phones interface on the TV screen. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Settings Display TV out. 2. Select TV out to activate TV out mode. 3. Select TV system.
5. Ensure that the TV is on and connect your phone to the TV with a TV out cable. Match the colours at the ends of the TV out cable with those on the TV's A/V ports. 6. Switch the TV to External input mode.
The phone interface appears on the TV screen. Your files might not display correctly due to differences in video systems or quality or the TV display. The Bluetooth stereo headset and zoom features will not work in TV out mode.
1. In Idle mode, select Applications Settings Applications USB settings Kies (Firmware update). 2. Press [ to return to Idle mode. 3. Using an optional PC data cable, connect the multifunction jack on your phone to a PC. 4. Run Samsung Kies to download and install firmware updates. Refer to the Samsung Kies help for more information. To synchronize with Windows Media Player: Ensure that Windows Media Player is installed on your PC. 1. In Idle mode, select Applications Settings Applications USB settings Media player. 2. Press [ ]to return to Idle mode.
Bluetooth: Turn the Bluetooth wireless feature on or off. p. 75 Device name: Set a Bluetooth name for your phone. Visible: Set your phone to be visible to other Bluetooth phones. Scan devices: Search for available Bluetooth devices.
Customize the settings for calling features.
Show my number: Show your mobile phone number to recipients. (You must insert the SIM card to use this feature.) Auto reject: Enable or disable the auto reject feature and specify a list of callers to automatically reject. Answering call: Set how to answer calls by pressing any key or set the phone to answer automatically after a specified amount of time. Prefix dialing: Activate prefix dialing and set up prefix dialing numbers. Reject call with message: Select a message to be sent to a caller when you reject a call.
Call status tones: Activate or deactivate the call connect tone or minute minder tone. Outgoing call vibration: Phone vibrates when the called party answers the call. Alerts on call: Activate or deactivate alerts during a call.
Call forwarding: Divert incoming calls to another number. Call barring: Block incoming or outgoing calls. Call waiting: Specify options for handling an incoming call when you are already on a call. Auto redial: Activate auto redial to automatically redial a call that was not connected or was cut off during a call. Noise suppression: Automatically reduce noise level during a call.
Fixed Dialing Numbers
Enable FDN: Restrict outgoing calls only to contacts specified in the FDN list. To activate or deactivate this feature, enter the PIN2 supplied with your SIM card and restart the device. Change PIN2: Change the PIN2. FDN List: Set up a list of contacts for fixed dialing.
Voicemail service: Select your service provider or set another provider to receive voicemails. Voicemail: Enter the number to access the voicemail service. You can obtain this number from your service provider.
Change the settings for various sounds on your phone. 96
Silent mode: Activate silent mode to mute all sounds, except for media sounds and alarm ringtones. Vibrate: Select when the phone vibrates to alert you to incoming calls. Volume: Set the default volume for Incoming call, Media, System and Notification. Voice call ringtone: Select a ringtone to alert you to incoming voice calls. Notification ringtone: Select a ringtone to alert you to events, such as incoming messages, missed calls, and alarms. Audible touch tones: Set the phone to sound when you touch the keys on the dialling screen. Audible selection: Set the phone to sound when you select an application or option on the touch screen. Screen lock sounds: Play sounds when locking and unlocking the screen.
Change the Web search settings. Google search: Show web suggestions: Set the phone to display suggestions while you are entering a keyword. Use My Location: Use current location for Google search results and other services. Search history: Show/Dont show personalized search history. Manage search history: Manage the online record of your personal search history. Searchable items: Select the types of items to include in your search. Clear shortcuts: Clear the information from recent searches.
Locale and text
Change the settings for text input.
Select a display language for all menus and applications, and a writing language for all text editors.
Select input method
Select your preferred method of inputting text (Swype or the Samsung keypad).
Language: Select a language for Swype text input. You cannot enter text in some languages using Swype. To enter text, change the writing language to one of the supported languages.
Word prediction: the program predicts word when typing. Audio feedback: sounds provide audible feedback. Vibrate on keypress: vibration provides physical feedback. Enable tip Indicator: turn on flashing indicator for quick help. Auto-spacing: Set the phone to automatically insert a space between words. Auto-capitalization: Set the phone to automatically capitalize the first letter after a final punctuation mark, such as a period, question mark, or exclamation mark. Show complete trace: Set how long the screen displays your Swype path. Word choice window: Set how often the word list will display. Speed vs. accuracy: Set the balance between speed and error tolerance. 102
Swype help: Access help information for using the Swype keyboard. Tutorial: Learn how to enter text faster with the Swype keyboard. Version: View the version information.
Portrait keypad types: Select the default input method, such as the QWERTY Keypad, 3x4 Keypad, Handwriting box 1, Handwriting box 2. Input languages: Select languages for text input. You cannot enter text in some languages. To enter text, you should change the writing language to one of the supported languages. XT9: Activate XT9 mode to enter text using Predictive input mode.
XT9 advanced settings: Activate the advanced features of XT9 mode and set up your own word list. Keypad sweeping: Enable the sweeping feature for the keypad input method. You can enter text by sweeping keys instead of tapping. Auto-capitalization: Set the phone to automatically capitalize the first letter after a final punctuation mark, such as a period, question mark, or exclamation mark. Handwriting settings: Customize the settings for recognition time and view details of the handwriting software. Voice input: Allow voice input from the keypad. Auto-full stop: Allows completing a sentence and starting a new sentence by typing two spaces (converts the spaces to a period and a space, and automatically capitalizes the first letter of the next word). Tutorial: Learn how to enter text using the Samsung keypad.
Safe Use of and Access to Your Phone
Failure to follow the instructions outlined may lead to serious personal injury and possible property damage. Excessive exposure to sound at high volumes can cause hearing damage. Always turn the volume down before plugging the headphones into an audio source and use only the minimum volume setting necessary to hear your conversation or music.
Using Your Phone While Driving
Talking on your phone while driving (or operating the phone without a hands-free phone) is prohibited in some jurisdictions. Laws vary as to specific restrictions. Remember that safety always comes first. When using your phone in the car: Get to know your phone and its features, such as speed dial and re-dial. 112
When available, use a hands-free phone. Position your phone within easy reach. Let the person you are speaking to know you are driving; if necessary, suspend the call in heavy traffic or hazardous weather conditions. Do not take notes or look up phone numbers while driving. Dial sensibly and assess the traffic; if possible, place calls when stationary or before pulling into traffic. Do not engage in stressful or emotional conversations that may divert your attention from the road. Dial 911 to report serious emergencies. Its free from your wireless phone. Use your phone to help others in emergencies. Call roadside assistance or a special non-emergency wireless number when necessary.
Following Safety Guidelines
To operate your phone safely and efficiently, always follow any special regulations in a given area. Turn your phone off in areas where use is forbidden or when it may cause interference or danger.
with the manufacturer regarding any equipment that has been added to your vehicle. Consult the manufacturer of any personal medical phones, such as pacemakers and hearing aids, to determine if they are adequately shielded from external RF signals.
Using Your Phone Near Other Electronic Devices
Most modern electronic equipment is shielded from radio frequency (RF) signals. However, RF signals from wireless phones may affect inadequately shielded electronic equipment. RF signals may affect improperly installed or inadequately shielded electronic operating systems and/or entertainment systems in motor vehicles. Check with the manufacturer or their representative to determine if these systems are adequately shielded from external RF signals. Also check
Always turn off the phone in health care facilities and request permission before using the phone near medical equipment.
SGH-I896 Galaxy S Captivate FROYO 2.2 Upgrade Procedure Software Version: I896UXJL1
Date: January 5, 2011
This Information Bulletin describes the process for upgrading the SGH-I896 Galaxy S Captivate to FROYO 2.2 operating system. For assistance or questions relating this process please contact Samsung Social Hub Support at 1-888-751-4078 or email at email@example.com. Hours of operation: 8:30 am 8:00 pm, Monday to Friday
Froyo 2.2 upgrade
Samsung Kies, version 18.104.22.16813_29 or later Data Link Cable, APCBU10BBE. PC with standard USB port and the following system requirements.
Getting Samsung Kies:
To get the latest version of Samsung Kies, visit the http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-phones/allphones/SGH-I896ZKARWC/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail&tab=support and download Kies to a folder on your PC desktop.
Installing Samsung Kies:
1. Verify that no previous version of Samsung Kies is installed on PC. If a previous version of Samsung Kies is installed, please remove before proceeding with Kies installation. All Programs Samsung Kies Uninstall Kies wait for Kies program to be removed. 2. Open Samsung Kies folder on PC desktop and double click Kies icon to install program.
3. Once Samsung Kies program is installed, program will launch.
Galaxy S Captivate Software Upgrade Procedure:
1. 2. 3. 4. Run Samsung Kies program. Connect data cable to PC USB port. Power on device and connect to data cable. Wait for Samsung Kies to recognize the device.
5. Samsung Kies will display pop-up icon to alert that there is a software update available. Click pop-up icon to begin software upgrade process.
6. If the above software update notification icon does not display, click Firmware upgrade icon.
7. To backup you contact data, ensure that the Back up you contacts before upgrading firmware box is checked and click Upgrade.
8. Name phonebook file and click Save.
9. If Kies determines that a software upgrade is required/available, the following windows will be displayed. Click Upgrade.
10. Review caution screen and click All information has been verified and click Next.
11. To select option to save contacts to Kies server, check Allow saving box and click Next. To skip option to save contacts to Kies server, check Proceed without saving box and click Next. This is recommended in case the Firmware update is not successful, phonebook data will not be lost.
12. Software being downloaded from Kies server. Note this process can up to 45 minutes.
13. If below screen appears, follow instructions to put device into Download Mode and press OK.
14. Once the software has been downloaded from Kies server, Froyo 2.2 upgrade will start.
15. After upgrade is complete, device will reboot. Click Close to exit Kies.
Canon HV40 Portege 3110 Speaker 20099 SF-5780 124 FX Cect V8 Battery Motorola V195 MHC-BX9 VLG201CE VR605 HTS3610 Tropico FP92WA KX-TG8321G Granite P4P8x SE Reflexes 4010 DP-R3070 SB4200 Iv-oblivion YP-F1ZW KM262 G2 1U Nitrox Vivicam 5018 Ideapad U165 Quadraverb 42PQ30 Station DGS-3627 Toshiba E350 Manual Camileo P10 JBL L96 S1PRO DFH745 Satellite M30 24540 DSC-T33 NV-VX22EG RH7922B AMW466 SV2011H L12820J5 RC897T UN22C4000PD Nakamichi ZX9 HW-C770S BS230 DCR-TRV6E GPS 60 LE32B553m3W TX-26LE60FM Star Wars Doro 509C PDV-LC20 School 50 F Manager Impreza STI CD1402B RX-595 CD2352S-19 TA-R200 AG-DVX100BP KV-80 WAG54GP2 Blackberry W-GM PMD671 Portative SA2640 02 Roland AC90 ICE-45 G-BOX DX-R52 XL-MP2H CLP-130-CLP-120 Gigmaker 62 SW Futaba 12FG Kd-g730 RSA1dtpe B5310 MP1600 WF8590NFW CDX-F5510 SH-AC500D ASF655-2 LA32A350 4 16V VP-D99I Scph-50004 6700 WX GT-10 HTS8100 Saxr15 Sbcru644 MB-3917H Forms Digicorder
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101