Black Decker CMM1000
Here you can find all about Black Decker CMM1000 like manual and other informations. For example: review.
Black Decker CMM1000 manual (user guide) is ready to download for free.
On the bottom of page users can write a review. If you own a Black Decker CMM1000 please write about it to help other people. [ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Black Decker CMM1000 photo ]
, size: 0
Black Decker CMM1000
User reviews and opinions
|dnw||2:45pm on Wednesday, August 11th, 2010|
|Newegg has come through and saved my family money giving me a top of the line toaster. It shipped very quickly.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
ORGANIC FERTILIZER & LAWN MOWER INFORMATION
EVANS GROUND CARE SPECIALTIES, LLC BARRY EVANS 2937 TWIN RIDGE DRIVE, ST. CHARLES, MO 63301 636-723-0042 Evans Ground Care Specialties will either drop off the product with instructions or apply it for the homeowner. TRUGREEN CHEMLAWN LANCE LEYKAM 111 TRADE CENTER DRIVE P.O. BOX 550 ST. PETERS, MO 63376 636-379-5820 OFFERS TWO 6 STEP PROGRAMS HANSENS NATURAL LAWNS CURTIS 2112 COLLIER CORPORATE PARKWAY ST. CHARLES, MO 63303 636-946-0857 OFFERS ORGANIC FERTILIZERS FOR CUSTOMERS HEIDCO, INC. SEAN RADEMEYER 55 PATMOS COURT ST. PETERS, MO 63376 636-447-1439 OFFERS A 6 STEP PROGRAM
PEACEFUL VALLEY WWW.GROWORGANIC.COM 888-784-1722 GARDENS ALIVE WWW.GARDENSALIVE.COM 513-354-1483 Peaceful Valley and Gardens Alive will ship product to homeowner.
CORDLESS ELECTRIC LAWNMOWERS
NEUTON CORDLESS ELECTRIC MOWER WWW.MYNEUTON.COM 800-687-6575 BLACK & DECKER CMM1000 MULCHING MOWER WWW.BLACKANDDECKER.COM (PROVIDES LIST OF DISTRIBUTORS) CORDLESS ELECTRIC BRILL ACCUMOWER ASM380 REEL MOWER PEOPLE POWERED MACHINES WWW.PEOPLEPOWEREDMACHINES.COM 978-884-8156
Lowes offers an American 16 push reel mower.
WWW.HOMEDEPOT.COM Home Depot offers a Scotts 20 classic reel mower. WWW.QVC.COM
QVC offers a few manual push reel lawnmowers.
For additional information or to purchase organic fertilizers, electric mowers, reel mowers and more, visit www.cleanairgardening.com.
19 (483mm) Cordless Convertible Mulching Rear Bag Mower Tondeuse-dchiqueteuse convertible sans fil ensachage arrire de 483 mm (19 po) Podadora inalmbrica convertible de 483 mm (19) con bolsa trasera
INSTRUCTION MANUAL GUIDE DUTILISATION MANUAL DE INSTRUCCIONES
Cat. No. CMM1000 Copyright 2004 Black & Decker Form No. 243902-00 REV. 5 AUG. 2004 Printed in U.S.A.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RULES
WARNING: When using Electric Tools, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury, including the following. WARNING: Some dust created by this product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. Some examples of these chemicals are: compounds in fertilizers compounds in insecticides, herbicides and pesticides arsenic and chromium from chemically treated lumber To reduce your exposure to these chemicals, wear approved safety equipment such as dust masks that are specially designed to filter out microscopic particles. WARNING: This product contains chemicals, including lead, known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. KNOW YOUR MOWER - Read the Manual carefully. Be thoroughly familiar with the controls and the proper use of your mower. AVOID DANGEROUS ENVIRONMENTS - Dont use your mower in the rain or in damp or wet locations. Dont operate it in gaseous explosive atmospheres. Motors normally spark and the sparks might ignite fumes. USE PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT - Wear safety spectacles or goggles while mowing (regular eyeglasses are not safety glasses). Use face or dust mask if operation is dusty. Safety spectacles are available at your B&D dealer. STAY ALERT - Watch what you are doing. Use common sense. Do not operate lawnmower when you are tired. KEEP GUARDS AND SHIELDS IN PLACE - and keep in working order. GUARD AGAINST ELECTRIC SHOCK - Repair or replace damaged cords immediately. DANGER: KEEP AWAY FROM BLADE AREA - Risk of cut - Keep hands and feet away from blade. Dont attempt to remove cut material or unclog chute when blade is moving. DISCONNECT TOOL: - Release bail handle to turn off mower, and after blade has stopped, remove safety key before making adjustments, before servicing, cleaning, transporting, lifting and when changing blade. KEEP CHILDREN AWAY - All visitors should be kept a safe distance from work area. STORE IDLE LAWN MOWER INDOORS - When not in use, tool should be stored indoors in a dry place, locked-up with safety key removed - out of reach of children. DONT FORCE THE MOWER - It will do the job better and safest at the rate for which it was designed. USE RIGHT TOOL - Do not use tool for any job except that for which it is intended. DRESS PROPERLY - Do not wear loose clothing or jewellery. They can be caught in moving parts. Use of substantial rubber soled footwear is recommended. DONT ABUSE CORD - Never carry charger by cord or yank it to disconnect from receptacle. Keep cord from heat, oil and sharp edges. WARNING - Do not charge outdoors or in wet or damp locations. DONT OVERREACH - Keep proper footing and balance at all times. MAINTAIN TOOLS WITH CARE - Keep blade sharp and clean for best and safest performance. Follow instructions for changing accessories. AVOID ACCIDENTAL STARTING - Be sure switch lever and bail handle are not engaged when inserting safety key. OBJECTS STRUCK BY THE LAWN MOWER BLADE can cause severe injuries to persons. The lawn should always be carefully examined and cleared of all objects prior to each mowing. USE IDENTICAL REPLACEMENT BLADES ONLY. WHEN SERVICING - Use only identical replacement parts. READ THIS INSTRUCTION MANUAL CAREFULLY. Be thoroughly familiar with the controls and the proper use of the equipment. NEVER ALLOW CHILDREN TO OPERATE A POWER MOWER. KEEP THE AREA OF OPERATION CLEAR of all persons, particularly small children and pets. THOROUGHLY INSPECT THE AREA where the equipment is to be used and remove all stones, sticks, wires, bones, and other foreign objects that could be thrown by the blade. DO NOT OPERATE THE EQUIPMENT WHEN BAREFOOT OR WEARING OPEN SANDALS. Always wear substantial footwear. NEVER ATTEMPT TO MAKE A WHEEL HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT WHILE THE MOTOR IS RUNNING or while the safety key is plugged in. MOW ONLY IN DAYLIGHT OR IN GOOD ARTIFICIAL LIGHT. NEVER OPERATE THE EQUIPMENT IN WET GRASS. Always be sure of your footing; keep a firm hold on the handle and walk; never run. DO NOT PUT HANDS OR FEET NEAR OR UNDER ROTATING PARTS. Keep clear of the discharge opening at all times. RELEASE BAIL HANDLE TO TURN MOWER OFF when crossing gravel drives, walks or roads. IF THE MOWER STALLS, be sure to release bail handle to turn mower off and wait for blade to stop, remove the safety key before attempting to unclog the chute or remove anything from under the deck. AFTER STRIKING A FOREIGN OBJECT, release bail handle to turn mower off and wait for blade to stop, remove the safety key, thoroughly inspect the mower for any damage and repair the damage before restarting and operating the mower. IF THE EQUIPMENT SHOULD START TO VIBRATE ABNORMALLY release bail handle, remove the safety key and check immediately for the cause. Vibration is generally a warning of trouble. RELEASE BAIL HANDLE to turn mower off and wait for blade to stop, remove the safety key whenever you leave the equipment, before unclogging the deck or chute, cleaning the mower, transporting the mower, lifting the mower and when making any repairs or inspections. WHEN CLEANING, REPAIRING, OR INSPECTING, make certain the blade and all moving parts have stopped. SHUT THE MOTOR OFF REMOVE THE KEY AND WAIT UNTIL THE BLADE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP before removing the grass catcher. MOW ACROSS THE FACE OF SLOPES; NEVER UP AND DOWN. Exercise extreme caution when changing direction on slopes. Do not mow excessively steep slopes. NEVER OPERATE THE MOWER without proper guards, plates, or other safety protection devices in place.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE.
LOOK FOR THIS SYMBOL TO POINT OUT IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. IT MEANS - ATTENTION!!! BECOME ALERT!!! YOUR SAFETY IS INVOLVED. 2
USE ONLY BLACK & DECKER APPROVED REPLACEMENT BATTERIES - CONTACT YOUR LOCAL SERVICE CENTER OR 1-800-HOW-TO.
The battery in your cordless lawnmower is a 24-volt sealed lead acid system. There is no liquid contained within the battery and the mower can therefore be stored in any position without fear of leakage.
For optimal performance the battery should be kept on constant charge when not in use. The battery prefers to be charged in a cool, dry place. The battery does not need to be fully discharged before recharging. 2 to 3 initial charging cycles may be required after purchase to achieve maximum run time capacity. The battery can be safely stored down to -40C (-40F). The battery is maintenance free.
Off-season storage i. In warmer climates to ensure optimal performance, it is recommended that the battery be maintained on constant charge. ii. The mower may be stored with the charger disconnected if all of the following conditions are met. -the mower is fully charged before storing. -the average temperature of the storage location is below 10C (50F) -Storage duration is less than 6 months
SERVICE AND INSTALLATION
Your Black & Decker cordless mower is shipped with the battery system fully assembled and ready for use. When service or repair is required, it is recommended that you take your mower to an authorized Black & Decker Service Centre. When servicing or replacing batteries, please note: At the end of normal service life, both batteries should be replaced at the same time. Mixing fresh and discharged batteries could increase internal cell pressure and cause battery rupture. When inserting batteries into this product, the proper polarity or direction must be observed. Reverse insertion of the batteries can result in leakage or explosion.
CHARGER SAFETY RULES
1. Plug charger directly into an electrical outlet. DO NOT ABUSE THE CORD. Never carry charger by cord. Do not disconnect the charger from the outlet or mower by pulling it by the cord. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. CAUTION: To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or personal injury do not attempt to use this charger with any other product. Likewise, do not attempt to charge the mower with any other charger. Do not service mower with charger or safety key installed. Do not operate a damaged charger. Replace damaged cords or charger immediately at an authorized Black & Decker service depot. Always charge the mower in a dry area protected from the weather. Do not expose the mower or charger to rain. Do not charge in wet locations. Do not charge mower when temperature is above 40C (104F) or below 5C (41F). Keep the mower and charger away from water, heat sources, (Such as radiators, heaters, stoves.etc.) flames, or chemicals. Be careful not to damage the charger cord, by keeping cord away from sharp edges.
WARNING: FIRE HAZARD
ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE CHARGER FROM THE POWER SUPPLY (WALL OUTLET) BEFORE REMOVING THE CHARGER CONNECTOR. UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, WITH THE CHARGER PLUGGED IN TO THE POWER SUPPLY, THE EXPOSED CONNECTOR CAN BE SHORTED BY FOREIGN MATERIAL AND MAY CAUSE A FIRE. FOREIGN MATERIALS OF A CONDUCTIVE NATURE, SUCH AS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, STEEL WOOL, ALUMINUM FOIL, OR ANY BUILD-UP OF METALLIC PARTICLES, SHOULD BE KEPT FROM THE CONNECTOR. ALWAYS UNPLUG CHARGER BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO CLEAN.
BATTERY OPERATION & CARE
PLEASE REFER TO DIAGRAMS (A, B, C.) AND ITEM NUMBERS (1, 2, 3.) AS NOTED THROUGHOUT MANUAL.
Your mower has been completely assembled at the factory except for the Grassbag. To remove mower from carton 1. Remove the Grassbag frame and cardboard fillers. 2. Remove the mower from the carton and place all four wheels on the ground or floor. 3. Check the carton thoroughly and make sure there are no loose parts. To Unfold Handle Raise the handle section B-1 into place and secure by tightening the two lower knobs. B-2. Remove safety key from handle. WARNING: Sharp moving blade. For your own safety DO NOT use this mower without either the Grasscatcher, Mulch Insert, or optional discharge chute in operating position serious injury could result.
ASSEMBLING THE GRASSBAG (FIGURE S1, S2, S3, S4)
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Shut mower off, wait until blade stops and remove Safety Key A-7. Before starting to assemble the grassbag to the frame, check that the grassbag and frame are similar to figure S1. Slide the grassbag onto the frame as shown in figure S2. Assemble the top clips to the frame as shown in figure S3, then assemble the two side clips and the bottom clip last. Completely assembled grasscatcher see figure S4.
The charger on your mower is a specially designed 2-step charger. Step 1: The recharge cycle is indicated by the illuminated red light (A-1). Step 2: The maintenance cycle is indicated by the illuminated green light (A-2). This cycle will maintain your mower in a fully charged condition. 1. 2. 3. 4. Remove safety key A-7. Plug the charger connector A-3 into the receptacle A-9 on the mower. Insert the 120 volt plug A-4 of the charger A-5 into the wall receptacle. The red light on the mower should come on indicating you have power and the battery is being charged. The red light should extinguish and the green light will come on when charging is complete (takes approximately 24 hours to charge a fully discharged mower). 5. It is recommended to leave the mower on constant charge for optimum performance during the mowing season.
Your mower has a variable height handle adjustment feature. To adjust the handle position to suit your height preference, use the following procedure: 1. Remove both knobs C-1 on the middle part of the handlebars and remove the bolts C-2. 2. Slide the upper handle into one of the 3 adjustment positions C-3, aligning the holes in the upper and lower handles. 3. Insert the saddle bolts and install the knobs, tightening securely. The knobs should always be on the outside of the handles to avoid interference with the rear door and grass bag.
WHEEL HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT (1-3/4 TO 3-1/2)
1. Before making any adjustments, release bail handle to turn mower off, wait for blade to stop, and remove safety key. 2. Your mower features the Black & Decker one touch wheel height adjustment system. This system will adjust all four wheels at the same time. 3. To raise or lower the cutting height, place the palm of your hand on the palm rest D-1 and with your fingers, squeeze upward on the finger grip D-2 and hold. 4. While holding the finger grip up you can raise or lower the cutting height. The mower has seven blade height adjustment positions. Refer to the scale E-1 and pointer E-2 at the front of the mower. The pointer will indicate the height setting for cutting your lawn. This setting can be a reference for the next time you want to cut your lawn at the same height. When you have the mower at the height you would like, hold it in place with your left hand on the lower right handle bar and release the finger grip with your right hand to lock the height adjust. Note: To ensure that the deck is securely locked in one of the seven positions, press down on the palm rest after releasing the finger grip.
KNOW YOUR MOWER
READ THIS OWNERS MANUAL AND SAFETY RULES BEFORE OPERATING YOUR MOWER. See diagram F to familiarize yourself with the location of various controls and adjustments referenced below. Save this manual for future reference. F-1: Safety key F-2: Bail handle F-3: Switch lever F-4: Handle adjustment knobs F-5: Handle storage knobs F-6: Grassbag F-7: Cut height adjustment release F-8: Cut height indicator
WARNING: SHARP MOVING BLADE. In order to prevent accidental start-up or unauthorized use of your Cordless Mower, a removeable Safety Key A-7 has been incorporated into the design of your mower. The mower will be completely disabled when the Safety Key has been removed from the mower. With the Safety Key removed, you will have access to the charger receptacle A-9 and red A-1 and green A-2 charge indication lights. NOTE: THE SAFETY KEY HAS A HOLE IN THE CENTRE TO ALLOW FOR STORAGE ON A NAIL, OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
WARNING: ROTATING BLADES CAN CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY. TO PREVENT SERIOUS INJURY, REMOVE SAFETY KEY WHEN UNATTENDED, OR WHEN CHARGING, CLEANING, SERVICING, TRANSPORTING, LIFTING, OR STORING MOWER.
TO TURN MOWER ON
Insert Safety Key A-7 into the housing of the motor shroud A-8 and push down, until safety key is fully seated inside housing. The mower is now operational and can be started by activating the switch system.
WARNING: SHARP MOVING BLADE. NEVER ATTEMPT TO OVERRIDE THE OPERATION OF THIS SWITCH AND KEY SYSTEM SERIOUS INJURY COULD RESULT.
ON-OFF SWITCH LEVER
Your mower is equipped with a special on-off switch system. To operate the system, first grasp the bail handle G-1 and pull it to the handlebar G-2. Then firmly push the switch lever G-3 forward until it snaps into the on position. The spring-loaded snap-action lever will relocate itself back into its original position. To turn the mower off, just release the bail handle. Once the bail handle has returned to the original position it will activate the Automatic Braking Mechanism. The motor is electrically braked and the mower blade will stop rotating in 3 seconds or less.
MEETS CPSC SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Black and Decker Mowers conform to the safety standards of the American National Standards Institute, and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. The Blade turns when the motor is running.
NOTE: BATTERY GAUGE IS NOT ACTIVE IN CHARGING MODE. GAUGE IS ACTIVATED ONLY WHEN MOWER IS RUNNING. Your new Black & Decker Cordless Lawnmower has a gauge to provide you with information on your battery state of charge. While operating the mower, the gauge constantly senses and displays the battery condition as follows: When the needle is pointing in the green area H-1, the battery is in a highly charged condition. When the needle is pointing in the red area H-2, the battery charge is depleted. Before using your new mower for the first time, it is recommended that the unit be charged overnight to ensure that the battery is fully charged. When you first start your mower, the battery gauge should point in the green area, indicating a fully charged battery. As you use your mower, you will notice that the needle in the battery gauge drops slowly as the battery discharges. NOTE: WHILE CUTTING GRASS WITH YOUR CORDLESS MOWER, IT IS NORMAL FOR THE BATTERY GAUGE NEEDLE TO FLUCTUATE SOMEWHAT AS THE CUTTING CONDITIONS CHANGE. When your battery gauge needle points consistently in the red area, your battery is now discharged, even though the mower may still be capable of cutting grass. Continuing to operate your lawnmower with the battery in this discharged condition may reduce the life and performance of your batteries. THE FOLLOWING SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP YOU TO OBTAIN OPTIMUM RUN TIME FROM YOUR CORDLESS MOWER: 1) Slow down in areas where the grass is especially long or thick. 2) When mulching, avoid cutting more than 1-1/2 inches off the length at any one time. 3) Avoid mowing when the grass is wet from rain or dew-soaked. 4) Cut your lawn frequently, especially during high growth periods. NOTE: IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOUR MOWER BE RECHARGED AFTER USE, REGARDLESS OF THE POSITION OF THE BATTERY GAUGE NEEDLE. FREQUENT CHARGING WILL NOT HARM YOUR BATTERY, AND WILL ENSURE THAT THE BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED AND READY FOR ITS NEXT USE.
SAFETY SHIELD AND REAR DOOR
This safety shield J-1 is designed to minimize the throwing of stones or other objects by the mower blade backward from under the mower deck. The shield, along with the rear door J-2, minimizes the possibility of accidental foot contact with the blade. DO NOT operate mower without the safety shield and rear door in place. WARNING: Sharp moving blade. For your own safety DO NOT use this mower without either the grasscatcher or mulch insert in operating position serious injury could result. WARNING: Sharp moving blade. Do not operate the lawnmower if the rear door is not closed under spring tension serious injury could result. Take your lawnmower to the nearest service centre or depot for repair.
REMOVING MULCH INSERT
To remove the Mulch Insert J-3 so that you can bag the grass or discharge with the optional discharge chute, follow the steps listed below: 1. Shut the mower off, wait until the blade stops and remove safety key A-7. 2. Raise the rear discharge door J-2 and hold it up. 3. Locate your hand in the handle pocket J-4 as shown, and lift and pull out the mulch insert J-3 completely. 4. The rear discharge door is spring loaded. When you release it the door will return to the closed position.
INSTALLING MULCH INSERT
1. Repeat steps 1 and 2 for removing mulch insert. 2. Slide the mulch insert J-3 into the discharge opening until it is firmly in contact with the deck. 3. Release rear door and ensure it is properly closed.
INSTALLING GRASS CATCHER
1. Reaching down between the lawnmower handles, raise the rear discharge door K-1 to a vertical position and hold the door up. Ensure that the mulch insert J-3 has been removed. 2. Pick up the grass catcher K-2 by the handle K-3 and place the grass catcher between the lawnmower handles as shown. 3. Position the grass catcher hanger hooks K-4 on the lawnmower as shown in Figure L. Release the rear discharge door. WARNING: Sharp moving blade. Never operate the mower unless the hanger hooks on the grass catcher are seated properly on the lawnmower and the rear discharge door rests firmly against the top of the grass catcher serious injury could result.
MOWING TIPS ENGLISH
NOTE: ALWAYS INSPECT AREA WHERE MOWER IS TO BE USED AND REMOVE ALL STONES, STICKS, WIRE, BONES AND OTHER DEBRIS WHICH MIGHT BE THROWN BY THE ROTATING BLADE. 1. Mow across the face of slopes, never up-and-down. Exercise extreme caution when changing direction on slopes. Do not mow excessively steep slopes. Always maintain good footing. 2. Release bail handle to turn mower OFF when crossing any graveled area (stones can be thrown by the blade). 3. Set mower at highest cutting height when mowing in rough ground or in tall weed. 4. If a grass catcher is used during the fast growing season, the grass may tend to clog up at the discharge opening. Ensure the mower system is switched OFF and remove the safety key. Remove the catcher and shake the grass down to the back end of the bag. Also clean out any grass or debris which may be packed around the discharge opening. Replace the grass catcher. 5. If mower should start to vibrate abnormally, turn mower OFF and remove safety key. Check immediately for cause. Vibration is a warning of trouble. Do not operate mower until a service check has been made. 6. ALWAYS TURN THE MOWER OFF AND REMOVE SAFETY KEY WHEN LEAVING IT UNATTENDED EVEN FOR A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME.
MULCHING MOWING TIPS
Your mower was shipped from Black & Decker with the mulch insert installed. While mulching, your new mower is designed to cut the grass clippings into small pieces and distribute them back into the lawn. Under normal conditions, the mulched grass will biodegrade quickly to provide nutrients to the lawn. Please review the following recommendations for optimum mulching performance. 1. Avoid mowing when the grass is wet from rain or dew. Wet grass may form clumps which interfere with the mulching action and reduce runtime. The best time to mow grass is in the late afternoon when the grass is dry and the newly cut area will not be exposed to direct sunlight. 2. For best mulching performance, set the cutting height to remove about one third of the grass blade length, ideally no more than 1-1/2 at one time. If the lawn is overgrown, it may be necessary to increase the cut height to reduce the pushing effort and prevent overloading the motor. For extremely heavy mulching, it is advisable to first cut at a high cut height setting, and then re-cut to the final cut height. Otherwise, make narrower cuts and mow slowly. 3. For best performance, keep the mower housing free of built-up grass. From time to time turn off mower and wait for the blade to come to a complete stop. Then unplug the safety key and turn mower on its side. Using an object such as a stick, wipe out any accumulation of grass in the blade area. Be careful of the sharp edges of the blade. Clean often in wet, spring grass, and always after every use. 4. Certain types of grass or grass conditions may require that an area be mulched a second time to fully disperse the grass throughout the lawn. If cutting a second time, it is advisable to cut perpendicular (across) the first cut pattern. DO NOT CHANGE CUT PATTERN IN ANY WAY THAT WOULD CAUSE MOWING DOWN A HILL. 5. Change your cutting pattern from week to week. This will help prevent matting and graining of the lawn.
KEEP BLADE SHARP FOR BEST MOWER PERFORMANCE. A DULL BLADE DOES NOT CUT GRASS CLEANLY OR MULCH PROPERLY. WEAR PROPER EYE PROTECTION WHILE REMOVING, SHARPENING, AND INSTALLING BLADE. ENSURE THAT SAFETY KEY IS REMOVED. Sharpening the blade twice during a mowing season is usually sufficient under normal circumstances. Sand causes the blade to dull quickly. If your lawn has sandy soil, more frequent sharpening may be required. REPLACE BENT OR DAMAGED BLADE IMMEDIATELY. WHEN SHARPENING THE BLADE: 1. Make sure blade remains balanced. 2. Sharpen blade at the original cutting angle. 3. Sharpen cutting edges on both ends of blade, removing equal amounts of material from both ends. TO SHARPEN BLADE IN A VISE: 1. Be sure the switch lever is released, the blade has stopped and the safety key removed before removing the blade. 2. Remove blade from mower. See instructions for removing and attaching blade. 3. Secure blade M-1 in a vise M-2. 4. Wear safety glasses and be careful not to cut yourself. 5. Carefully file the cutting edges of the blade with a fine tooth file M-3 or sharpening stone. 6. Check balance of blade. See instructions for blade balancing. 7. Replace blade on mower and tighten securely. Refer to instructions below.
Check balance of blade by placing centre hole in blade N-1 over a nail or screwdriver shank N-2, clamped horizontally in a vise N-3. If either end of the blade rotates downward, file that end. Blade is properly balanced when neither end drops.
REMOVING AND ATTACHING BLADES
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. TURN MOWER OFF, WAIT FOR THE BLADE TO STOP, AND REMOVE SAFETY KEY. Cut a piece of 2x4 wood P-1 (about 2 feet long) to keep blade from turning while removing blade nut. Turn the mower on its side. Wear gloves. Position wood and remove nut as shown in Figure P. With 3/4 (19mm) wrench P-2, remove blade nut P-3, by turning in direction of arrow. Remove blade nut Q-1, square washer Q-2, insulator washer Q-3, and blade Q-4. To re-assemble, first position the blade with the cutting edges towards the ground. (Grass side is stamped on the blade and should be visible when assembled correctly.) Assemble the components as shown in Figure Q. Ensure that the edges of the insulator washer Q-3 hook over the edge of the blade. Align the flats on the insulator washer Q-3 with the flats on the shaft. Position wood R-1 to keep shaft from turning and then securely tighten the blade nut in the direction shown by the arrow in Figure R.
No lubrication is necessary. Do not oil the wheels. They have plastic bearing surfaces which require no lubrication.
TURN OFF, LET THE BLADE COME TO A STOP AND THEN UNPLUG SAFETY KEY. Use only mild soap and a damp cloth to clean the mower. Clean out any clippings which may have accumulated on the underside of the deck. After several uses, check all exposed fasteners for tightness. PREVENTING CORROSION Fertilizers and other garden chemicals contain agents which greatly accelerate the corrosion of metals. If you mow in areas where fertilizers or chemicals have been used, the mower should be cleaned immediately afterward as follows: (1) Be sure the mower is turned off and safety key removed. (2) Wipe all exposed parts with a damp cloth. CAUTION: DO NOT POUR OR SPRAY WATER ON THE MOWER IN AN ATTEMPT TO CLEAN IT. Do not store the tool on or adjacent to fertilizers or chemicals. Such storage can cause rapid corrosion.
TRANSPORTING AND STORAGE
WARNING: Rotating blade can cause serious injury. Always turn mower off and remove the safety key before lifting, transporting or storing the mower. Store in a dry place. Based on seasonally consistent cutting schedules your mower will cut up to 19,000 square feet on a single charge. During the spring when the grass is lush it may cut less. During mid-summer when the grass is light and dry it will cut more. Then in the fall when the grass is wetter it may cut less.
1. Lawns should first be mowed in the spring when the grass is about 2 1/2 to 3 inches high. Mowing too early restricts the grass root systems which renew themselves every spring. New grass should be clipped when it is about 2 1/2 inches high. 2. Do not remove too much grass blade surface at one time.never more than 1/3 of the leaf height during each cutting. Cutting too close shocks sensitive grass blades, resulting in a shallow root system and thus making it more difficult for your lawn to reach water in the soil. 3. Lawncare experts say that excessively close cutting is responsible for much of the difficulty experienced on many lawns. The depth and strength of the roots of grass are almost exactly proportional to its growth. Grasses of mature lawns often are seriously injured when mowed shorter than 1 1/2 inches, and a height of 1 1/2 to 2 inches is preferred on large lawns. 4. Mow your lawn when it is dry to avoid clumping of wet grass. If you have a choice, late afternoon is the ideal time for mowing, not only because the grass is dry, but also because the sensitive new cut area of the grass will not be exposed to intense sunlight. 5. Keep the mowing blade sharp for a nice clean cut. This improves the mowers performance and enhances the look of your lawn. A dull blade shatters and bruises the tips of the grass. This impairs the healthy growth of your lawn and increases susceptibility to turf diseases. If the grass tips are bruised it causes a brownish colour and gives your lawn an unhealthy appearance. A dull blade may also pull up young seedlings. 6. Try to mow your lawn at the same (consistent) cutting height. While there are times when you should vary the cutting height with the changing seasons, a consistent cutting height produces a healthier, lovelier lawn with generally fewer weeds. Mow more frequently during periods of fast growth. Frequent cutting ensures that the lower, less attractive portion of the grass will not show. 7. If your lawn has grown too long, (a vacation, for example, may interrupt your cutting schedule) mow at a cutting height one or two positions higher than normal. A second pass at normal cutting height a few days later will put your lawn back on schedule. Changing the cutting height is a simple matter with Black & Deckers One Touch Wheel Height Adjustment, which simultaneously adjusts all four wheels at once. 8. During the spring and fall, (or after an interruption to the cutting schedule) the grass will be longer and thicker. If the motor continually slows down while cutting, try setting the wheels for a higher cutting height. Excessive motor loading can result in uneven cutting, quicker discharge of the battery, and can cause the circuit breaker to trip, which stops the motor. 9. Three good ideas to enhance your lawns appearance: Vary the mowing direction frequently; mow horizontally on hillsides; (this is also a good safety practice) and do not forget to overlap the mowing path on each pass. 10. Always mow grass so that clippings are discharged onto cut lawn. This will keep your lawn looking fresh by avoiding Cut Grass build-up which will eventually brown and appear ugly. This method also preserves your battery charge, ensuring you get the most from your Black & Decker Cordless Power Mower. 11. During the spring and fall seasons when the grass is longer and thicker, you can use your mower without it being fully recharged. (i.e. green charge indication light is on). This will enable you to perform short cutting tasks, but we dont recommend this be done frequently. The battery and mower perform much better if charged fully.
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL HINTS TO GET THE MOST FROM YOUR BLACK & DECKER CORDLESS POWER MOWER.AND KEEP YOUR LAWN LOOKING BEAUTIFUL
TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE
1. Mower doesnt run when switch lever is activated.
A. Check to make sure safety key has been installed and is fully seated. B. Ensure bail handle and switch lever are in off position. Remove safety key, turn mower over and check that blade is free to turn. C. Has battery been fully charged? Plug in charger and wait for green light to come on.
Motor stops while mowing.
A. Ensure bail handle and switch lever are in off position. Remove Safety Key. Turn mower over and check that blade is free to turn. B. Raise cutting height of wheels to highest position and start mower. C. Has battery been fully charged? Plug in charger and wait for green light to come on. D. Circuit breaker may have tripped. It resets automatically. Re-set time could be as long as 1 minute. Slow down or raise cut height.
Mower runs but cutting performance is unsatisfactory, or does not cut your entire lawn.
A. Has battery been fully charged? (See Problem 1, Solution C.) B. Ensure bail handle and switch lever are in off position. Remove Safety Key. Turn mower over and check: *Blade for sharpness *Deck and discharge chute for clogging. C. Wheel height adjustment may be set too low for grass condition. Raise cutting height.
Mower is too hard to push.
A. Raise cutting height to reduce deck drag on grass. Check each wheel for free rotation. A. Ensure bail handle and switch lever are in off position. Remove Safety Key. Turn mower on side and check blade to ensure it has not been bent or damaged. If blade is damaged, replace with a Black & Decker replacement blade. If the underside of the deck is damaged return mower to a Black & Decker Authorized service depot. B. If there is no visible damage to the blade and the mower still vibrates, return the mower to an authorized Black & Decker service depot.
Mower is abnormally noisy and vibrates.
Should the red light remain on after charging the battery for 24 hours on initial charge, the mower can still be used. The battery may need to be conditioned requiring a few battery charge and discharge cycles before the green indicator light comes on. THIS IS ONLY A GUIDE INTENDED TO ENABLE YOU TO PERFORM VISUAL CHECKS AND SIMPLE TESTS. SHOULD NONE OF THE SOLUTIONS PROVIDE SATISFACTION OR IMPROVE PERFORMANCE CALL 1-800-762-6672 TO SPEAK TO A CONSUMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE OR TAKE THIS MOWER TO THE CLOSEST AUTHORIZED BLACK & DECKER SERVICE CENTRE FOR SERVICING.
To assure product SAFETY and RELIABILITY, repairs, maintenance and adjustment (including brush inspection and replacement) should be performed by BLACK & DECKER Service Centres or other qualified service organizations, always using Black & Decker replacement parts. When servicing use ONLY IDENTICAL REPLACEMENT PARTS.
This product contains a lead-acid battery, which must be recycled. Do not dispose with trash. Battery may be returned for recycling to a Black & Decker Service Center, or to any facility that recycles lead-acid batteries.
CAUTION: Accessories are recommended for use with your mower. The use of any other accessory or attachment might be hazardous. The accessories listed in this manual are available at extra cost from your Black & Decker Service Centre.
SD-1000 MC-1000 MB-1000
SIDE DISCHARGER CHUTE REPLACEMENT GRASSBAG GRASSBAG REPLACEMENT BLADE
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE USE
Black & Decker offers a full network of company-owned and authorized service locations throughout North America. All Black & Decker Service Centers are staffed with trained personnel to provide customers with efficient and reliable power tool service. Whether you need technical advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement parts, contact the Black & Decker location nearest you. To find your local service location, refer to the yellow page directory under ToolsElectric or call: 1-800-54-HOW-TO.
WARRANTIES Full Two-Year Home Use Warranty
Black & Decker (U.S.) Inc. warrants this product for two years against any defects in material or workmanship. The defective product will be replaced or repaired at no charge in either of two ways: The first, which will result in exchanges only, is to return the product to the retailer from whom it was purchased (provided that the store is a participating retailer). Returns should be made within the time period of the retailers policy for exchanges (usually 30 to 90 days after the sale). Proof of purchase may be required. Please check with the retailer for their specific return policy regarding returns that are beyond the time set for exchanges. The second option is to take or send the product (prepaid) to a Black & Decker owned or authorized Service Center for repair or replacement at our option. Proof of purchase may be required. Black & Decker owned and authorized service centers are listed under Tools-Electric in the yellow pages of the phone directory. This warranty does not apply to accessories. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary from state to state. Should you have any questions, contact the manager of your nearest Black & Decker Service Center.
UF-550 TOA KD-1 ML-2240 XEU Smartphones N91-2 8GB Deskjet 9650 LX8000SA-22S Premio Twin 42PFL7422D LV-5220 A200 DUO Kodak C633 CA1500M Koso RX1N FA761 IP 5850 Laserjet 2700 GPS 76 60AZ-A SCD150 PCS-1 Photosmart 618 Nokia 2505 Vision MCI300 ZTE275 Program 32PFL7762D 12 Switch L-758D TX-L26x10B Mpixx 1400 KV-25FX30E FW-C399 S2500HD 81035 Nokia 2170 TH-50PV60E RAM 2000 TKM-707 Cable RMX 2000 EMP-6110 Fortemanager CDX-P11 IC-91A Simmechanics 3 MP480 Machine Pentax MZ50 Review ESL499 SDM-M81 B Polaroid SX70 Software GY-HD101 RM-VZ950T MV09AH RCR311W Motorola E380 32LF2500 SPA15 TCP65S2 Drive 1380 MF NW-S638F SC-5225 Cube 2010 NW-E505 DLG3788W DTR4610 DMC-TZ3 DC 5330 LE32A756 DCR-TRV25 DV8631V EX-Z5 Touch X-city 125 Nokia N85 LCX-19C R-1490 GR-DVL820u-gr-dvl820 1125R 1000 R FAX-5750E DX7590 ICD-MS525 DSC-W40 P2602HW-C LN26B450 M1210 CT-100 LE40C550j1W UR4-DCT WS9723 Spirit-25A ZK630LX G633C Optoma DV11 MLC-100
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101