Here you can find all about Coby CX-R188 like manual and other informations. For example: review.
Coby CX-R188 manual (user guide) is ready to download for free.
On the bottom of page users can write a review. If you own a Coby CX-R188 please write about it to help other people. [ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Coby CX-R188 photo ]
Coby CX-R188, size: 1.2 MB
User reviews and opinions
No opinions have been provided. Be the first and add a new opinion/review.
DIGITAL VOICE RECORDER w/BUILT -IN SPEAKER AND PC CONNECTION KIT
Up to 4 Hours Recording Time in LP Mode Voice Activated System 2 Speed Recording (SP & LP) PC Connection Using Serial Cable (Cable Included) Built-in Wide Range Speaker Built-in Omni-directional microphone LED Recording Indicator Earphone jack for Private Listening Electronic volume control Requires 2 x AAA Batteries (Not included) Accessories Included Serial Cable for PC Connection Installation CD ROM Lightweight Stereo Earphones Carton - Inner: 10 Master: 20 UPC: 15188 4
Lightweight Stereo Earphones
www.cobyusa.com and www.ecoby.com
2004 COBY ELECTRONICS CORPORATION Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notification Printed in USA
Micro CD Player Stereo System with AM/FM Tuner
Please read this manual carefully before operation.
The lightning flash with arrowhead symbol within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within the products enclosure that may be of sufficient magnitude to constitute a risk of electric shock. The exclamation point within an equilateral triangle is intended to alert the user to the presence of important operation and servicing instructions in the literature accompanying the appliance. For Customer Use: Enter below the serial number that is located on the unit. Retain this information for future reference. Model No. Serial No. WARNING: To prevent fire or shock hazard, do not expose this device to rain or moisture. Dangerous high voltage is present inside the enclosure. Do not open the cabinet. CAUTION: To prevent electric shock, match wide blade of plug to wide slot of outlet and fully insert. WARNING: Handling the cords on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling. PROTECT YOUR HEARING: Hearing experts advise against the constant use of personal stereos played at high volume. Constant exposure to high volumes can lead to hearing loss. If you should experience ringing in the ears or hearing loss, discontinue use and seek medical advice. Page 2 Coby Electronics Corporation CX-CD377
ON PROTECTION AGAINST LASER ENERGY EXPOSURE As the laser beam used in this compact disc player is harmful to the eyes, do not attempt to disassemble the casing. Stop operation immediately if any liquid or solid object should fall into the cabinet. Do not put anything in the safety slot. If you do, the laser diode will be ON when the CD door is still open. If the unit is not to be used for a long period of time, make sure that all power sources are disconnected from the unit. Remove all batteries from the battery compartment, and unplug the AC-DC adapter from the wall outlet. Make it a practice to remove the AC-DC adapter by grasping the main body and not by pulling the cord. This unit employs a laser. The use of controls or adjustment or performance of procedures other than those specified here may result in exposure to hazardous radiation. ON PLACEMENT Do not use the unit in places which are extremely hot, cold, dusty, or humid. Place the unit on a flat and even surface. Do not restrict the air flow of the unit by placing it in a place with poor ventilation, by covering it with a cloth, or by placing it on a carpet. ON CONDENSATION When left in a heated room where it is warm and damp, water droplets or condensation may form inside the unit. When there is condensation inside the unit, the unit may not function normally. Let the unit stand 1 to 2 hours before turning the power on, or gradually heat the room up and dry the unit before use. Should any trouble occur, remove the power source and refer servicing to qualified personnel. For recycling or disposal information about this product, please contact your local authorities or the Electronics Industries Alliance: www.eiae.org.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Read Instructions: All the safety and operating instructions should be read before the product is operated. Retain Instructions: The safety and operating instructions should be retained for future reference. Heed Warnings: All warnings on the product and in the operating instructions should be adhered to. Follow Instructions: All operating and usage instructions should be followed. Cleaning: Unplug this product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners. Use a damp cloth for cleaning. Attachments: Use only attachments recommended by the manufacturer. Use of other attachments may be hazardous. Water and Moisture: Do not use this product near water (e.g., near a bath tub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, in wet basements, or near a swimming pool and the like). Accessories: Do not place this product on an unstable cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table. Use only with carts, stands, tripods, brackets, or tables recommended by the manufacturer or sold with the product. Any mounting of the product should follow the manufacturers instructions and should use a mounting accessory recommended by the manufacturer. A product and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may cause the product and cart combination to overturn. Ventilation: Slots and openings in the cabinet are provided for ventilation to ensure reliable operation of the product and to protect it from overheating. These openings should never be blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surface. This product should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase or rack unless proper ventilation is provided or the manufacturer instructions have been adhered to. Power Sources: This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the rating label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your product dealer or local power company. For products intended to operate from battery power or other sources, refer to the operating instructions. Coby Electronics Corporation
12. Grounding or Polarization: This product may be equipped with a polarized alternating-current line plug that has one blade wider than the other. This plug will only fit into the power outlet in one direction. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the direction of the plug. If the plug should still fail to fit, contact an electrician to replace the obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug. Power-Cord Protection: Power supply cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying particular attention to cords at plugs, convenience receptacles, and at the point which they exit from the product. Protective Attachment Plug: The product may be equipped with an attachment plug with overload protection. This is a safety feature. See the operating instructions for replacement or directions to reset the protective device. If replacement of the plug is required, be sure the service technician has used a replacement plug that has the same overload protection as the original plug as specified by the manufacturer. Outdoor Antenna Grounding: If an outside antenna is connected to the product, be sure the antenna system is grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and built-up static charges. Article 810 of the National Electrical Code, ANS/NFPA 70 provides information with regard to proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the lead-in wire to an antenna-discharge unit, size of grounding conductors, location of antenna-discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes, and requirements for the grounding electrode (see figure).
16. Lightning: For added protection for this product, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna or cable system during a lightning storm or when it is left unattended and unused for long periods of time. This will prevent damage to the product due to lightning or power-line surges. Power Lines: An outside antenna system should not be located in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits, or where it can fall into such power lines or circuits. When installing an outside antenna system, extreme care should be taken to keep from touching such power lines or circuits, as contact with them might be fatal. Overloading: Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or integral convenience receptacles as this can result in a risk of fire or electric shock. Object and Liquid Entry: Never push objects of any kind into this product through openings as they may touch dangerous voltage points or shout-out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on the product. Servicing: Do not attempt to service this product yourself as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltage or other hazards. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Damage Requiring Service: Unplug this product from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions: a) when the power-supply or plug is damaged; b) if liquid has been spilled or if objects have fallen into the product; c) if the product has been exposed to rain or water; d) if the product does not operate normally by following the operating instructions. Adjust only those controls that are covered by the operating instructions as improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the product to its normal operation; e) if the product has been dropped or damaged in any way; f) when the product exhibits a distinct change in performancethis indicates a need for service. Replacement Parts: When replacement parts are required, be sure that your service technician has used replacement parts specified by the manufacturer or have the same characteristics as the original part. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electric shock, or other hazards. Safety Check: Upon completion of any service or repairs to this product, ask the service technician to perform safety checks to ensure that the product is in proper operating condition. Coby Electronics Corporation
24. 25. Wall or Ceiling Mounting: The product should be mounted to a wall or ceiling only as recommended by the manufacturer. Heat: The product should be situated away from heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other products (including amplifiers) that produce heat.
COMPLIANCE WITH FCC REGULATIONS
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B Digital Device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses, and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures: Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna. Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver. Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected. Consult the dealer or an experienced radio technician for help.
Coby Electronics Corporation
CD CARE & MAINTENANCE
Hold a CD by its edges. Avoid touching the recorded side of the disc. To remove a CD from its storage case, press down on the center retention mechanism of the case and lift the disc out.
Use a dry, soft cloth to wipe off any fingerprints and dusts from the playing surface of the disc. Wipe in a straight line radially from the center to the outside edge of the disc. Small dust particles and light stains will not affect playback quality. Never use chemicals such as record sprays, anti-static sprays, benzene, or thinners to clean your CDs. To reduce the risk of scratches, always put CDs back in their case after use. Do not subject CDs to prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, high humidity, or high temperatures. Do not place stickers or labels on either side of the CD.
Cleaning the CD Player Lens
A dirty lens can cause CD playback to skip. If the lens is very dirty, the CD may not work at all. Unplug the power supply, open the CD door, and clean the lens as follows: For Dust or Dry Particles - use a camera lens brush/blower to blow on the lens a few times. Then, wipe the lens gently with the brush, and blow on the lens once more. For Fingerprints - use a dry cotton swab to wipe the lens in a straight line radially from the center to the outside edge.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PRECAUTIONS... 2 IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS.. 4. COMPLIANCE WITH FCC REGULATIONS. 8
Handling CDs... 9. Cleaning CDs... 9. Cleaning the CD Player Lens... 9
CD CARE & MAINTENANCE.. 9.
TABLE OF CONTENTS... 10 PACKAGE CONTENTS... 12 FEATURES... 13
CX-CD377 at a Glance... 14 Bottom View... 15. Top View... 15 Remote Control... 15. Digital Display.... 15 Mounting the CX-CD377... 16 Connections... 17. Speakers... 17 Auxiliary (optional)... 17 Power... 17
GETTING STARTED... 14
CD MODE... 18
Basic Operation... 18 CD Functions... 18 Play/Pause/Stop... 18 Previous/Next (Skip).. 18 Reverse/Forward (Scan).. 18 Repeat/Random Mode... 19 Program (Memory)... 19
RADIO MODE... 20
Basic Operation... 20 Tuning.... 20. Reception.... 20.
Page 10 Coby Electronics Corporation
AUX MODE.... 21
Basic Operation... 21
SETUP MODE... 22.
TROUBLESHOOTING.. 23 SPECIFICATIONS... 25.
Please make sure the following items are included in the package. If any items are missing, contact your local dealer. CX-CD377 Main Unit Stereo Speakers (x 2) Remote Control 3.5mm male-to-male Line-in Cable Mounting Plate with Screws (3 x 10 PWA) Pedestal Base
Vertical Loading CD Player Multi-Function Backlit LCD Display Electronic Volume Control Analog AM/FM Stereo Tuner (Rotary Tuning, Digital Readout) Dynamic Bass Boost System (DBBS) Full-Range Speaker System 110/220V Dual Voltage
CX-CD377 at a Glance
1. 2. 3. 11. 23. AC Power Cord Speaker Out Jacks (Left, Right) Voltage Selector (110/220V) Mounting Slots FM Antenna Lead
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. Power/Standby Program Play/Pause Stop Next Previous Volume Up Volume Down
4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. Power (On/Off) Power Indicator Function Switch (CD/Aux/Radio) Bass Switch (On/Off) Auxiliary Line-In Jack Volume Down / Up / Remote Sensor Play/Pause Stop Repeat/Random Next Previous Program Open CD Door CD Door Digital Display AM/FM Tuning Dial Band Selector Switch (AM/FM/FM ST.)
Mounting the CX-CD377
To mount your CX-CD377 to either a wall or the pedestal base: 1. 2. Using 4 screws, affix the mounting plate to either a wall or to the pedestal base. Align the 4 mounting slots on the bottom of the main unit to hang on the hooks of the mounting plate.
Always connect the speakers before connecting the power supply. Connect the black wire of the left speaker to the black terminal marked L- on the rear of the main unit. Connect the red wire of the left speaker to the red terminal marked L+ on the rear of the main unit. Connect the black wire of the right speaker to the black terminal marked R- on the rear of the main unit. Connect the red wire of the right speaker to the red terminal marked R+ on the rear of the main unit.
Use a 3.5mm male-to-male line-in cable to connect the lineout or headphone out jack of an audio device to the CX-CD377 Auxiliary Line-In jack.
This unit runs on AC 110V or 220V power. 1. Make sure that the voltage selector on the bottom of the unit is set to the proper voltage. If you are unsure which voltage setting to use, please contact the local retailer from which you purchased this product. Plug the power cord into an AC wall socket. To turn the player on, set the POWER switch to the On position.
1. 2. 3. 4. Press POWER to turn the player on. Insert a CD with its label To open the CD Door, press facing up. Close the CD Door (it will click into place). Set the FUNCTION switch to the CD position. Press to start CD playback.
CD Functions Play/Pause/Stop
Press to start playback. again to resume Press during playback to pause. Press playback. Press during playback to stop the disc.
Press Press to skip to the previous track. to skip to the next track.
Press and hold direction. Press and hold direction. to scan through the current track in a reverse to scan through the current track in a forward
Press to set the repeat/random mode of the player. Each sucwill change the mode as follows: cessive press of Repeat One: repeat the current track (flashing REPEAT display) Repeat All: repeat the entire CD (steady REPEAT display) Random: play all tracks in random sequence (steady RANDOM display) Normal/Off: play all tracks in sequential order (no indicator)
Press Program to set a custom sequence of up to 20 tracks to be played. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Press Press to stop playback. to enter Program mode. to
or to select a track and then press Press store it in memory.
Repeat Step 3 until you have completed storing the program, or when you have stored 20 tracks. to start program playback. To cancel program Press playback, press or open the CD Door.
1. 2. 3. Press POWER to turn the player on. Set the FUNCTION switch to the Radio position. Set the BAND SELECTOR switch to: AM: Listen to AM broadcasts. FM: Listen to FM Mono broadcasts (use this setting if reception is weak). FM ST: Listen to FM Stereo broadcasts.
Turn the AM/FM Tuning Dial down to tune to a lower station frequency. Turn the AM/FM Tuning Dial up to tune to a higher station frequency.
For FM broadcasts, extend the FM antenna fully and adjust its position for best reception. For AM broadcasts, the unit should be positioned for best signal strength (the AM antenna is built into the unit).
Auxiliary (Aux) mode allows you to play any audio device (e.g., MP3, cassette player, etc.) through your CX-CD377 system.
1. Use a 3.5mm male-to-male line-in cable to connect the Line-out or Headphone out jack of an audio device to the CX-CD377 Auxiliary Line-In jack. Press POWER to turn the player on. Set the FUNCTION switch to the AUX position. Start playback on the external audio device. You must use the external audio device to control playback To avoid distortion, do not set the volume from the external audio device to very high levels.
2. 3. 4.
1. Place in the player in Standby mode (press POWER if the player is currently on). The time will be displayed when the player is in Standby. Press flash. Press to enter Setup mode. The 12H/24H setting will or to change the setting.
12H: Displays the time in 12-hour time. 24H: Displays the time in 24-hour time. 1. 2. 3. Press. The hour setting will flash. Press to change the setting. The minutes setting will flash. Press Press to change the setting. Press once more to save your changes. or or
If you have a problem with this device, please read the troubleshooting guide below and check our website at www.cobyusa.com for Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and firmware updates. If these resources do not resolve the problem, please contact Technical Support. Address Coby Electronics Technical Support 56-65 Rust Street Maspeth, NY 11378 Email email@example.com Web www.cobyusa.com Phone 800-727-3592: 718-416-3197: MonFri, 8:00AM11:00PM EST Saturdays, 9:00AM5:30PM EST MonFri, 8:00AM5:30PM EST
There is no power to the device.
Ensure that the power cord is securely connected to the unit and the proper wall outlet. Ensure that the voltage selector has been set properly (110V or 220V).
The device does not play.
Moisture may have condensed inside the player. Remove the disc and leave the player on for 1-2 hours and then try again.
There is no sound.
Ensure that the speaker connections are secure and correct. Try adjusting the volume. Ensure that the player is in the proper mode (CD, Aux, Radio). Ensure that headphones are not connected to the unit.
www.cobyusa.com Page 23
The sound is distorted.
The unit may be positioned too closely to a large appliance (e.g, a TV or refrigerator). If possible, turn the appliance off or move the unit to another location. Ensure that the radio is in broadcast reception range. Decrease the volume level.
The remote control doesnt work.
Ensure that there are no obstacles between the remote and the player. Point the remote at the remote sensor on the main unit. Strong light (e.g. direct sunlight, fluorescent lights, strobe lights) may interfere with the remote signal. Ensure that the batteries in the remote retain a charge and have been installed correctly. Try replacing the remotes batteries.
The CD will not play.
Ensure that the CD has been loaded with its label facing up. Ensure that the CD is not damaged, scratched, or dirty.
Playback is skipping.
Ensure that the CD is not damaged, scratched, or dirty. Ensure that the unit has been installed in a stable location to avoid vibration and shock.
The player will only play one track, repeatedly.
Ensure that REPEAT mode is off (press REPEAT to cancel).
The Function mode is not working.
Ensure that the CD Compartment Lid is closed.
Page 24 Coby Electronics Corporation
AC 110/220V 60/50Hz (Dual Voltage)
AM: 530 - 1710kHz FM: 88 - 108MHz
Audio Output Audio Input Peak Output Power RMS Output Power Speaker Dimensions Unit Dimensions Net Weight
Stereo Speakers (x2) 3.5mm Aux Line-In 20W total (4 Ohms at 1kHz, THD 10%) 2.2W x 2
4.33 x 8.07 x 6.38 (WHD) 11.46 x 3.03 x 7.91 (WHD) 6.28 lbs
Specifications and manual are subject to change without notice. www.cobyusa.com Page 25
COBY Electronics Corp.
56-65 Rust Street Maspeth, NY 11378
W43H2 GX-100HD Hx191 WF-J1262 R-963S Quadraverb GT SR3001 LA32B530 SA-AK44 Review SU-V6X ZWD1271W Kyosho KF01 Edition WLI-CB-g54HP CW2403 RM-V201 81327 Bolex H16 PV-GS50 Powermaxexpress CC-425E CMT-SP55TC CWT500 U8360 HDT1338A E-TEN X650 RA-820BX BX1930N 7200 WX Active Mkii LX200-ACF Family Biloba 570 HT-DB650 ICN510 Convertible 2005 Cordless 1500 MIM 2330 TX-28PL10P DVX9743 Dxai8580 ZDI101X Dslr-A550 S200 EXR TX-SE550 DMC-LC33 J108I HR7775 00 HT-3000 42FD9935-17 AU-517 HT-TQ85 Mappy ITI SGS 601 MT10AH LI860 5 Holder Dvdr5570H Imageclass D761 SRS-PC71 DM1001X LA19R71B Mini II VGN-FW21E Systems LS1440 360055 ZD604B 110 IS CP910 Elite Aficio 2016 MJU 1020 MF-JM53x8K HS8040 16 Spanish Zanussi T632 Server 358-353670-2-3-16 Ericsson X1 Nokia 7110 DSC-T3 YP-U4QR KDL-52W5500 -g KDL-40S2010 ZWD14791W Printer 2400 31-20 Meter 400 HX2795 IC-M3A Spectrum 14PT3131-78R HTP-338 NP-N210-jb02PL Mazda 3 PS42C450b1wxxc Cible SP47W3HF
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101