Maxell Lock USB Program Security
Maxell Lock USB Program Security, size: 518 KB
Here you can find all about Maxell Lock USB Program Security like manual and other informations. For example: review.
Maxell Lock USB Program Security manual (user guide) is ready to download for free.
On the bottom of page users can write a review. If you own a Maxell Lock USB Program Security please write about it to help other people.
[ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Maxell Lock USB Program Security photo ]
User reviews and opinions
|andreasb1||2:53pm on Sunday, August 8th, 2010|
|Purchased this to hook up to my Time Warner Cable Scientific Atlanta 8300HDC DVR and it did not work. Not as fast as other units that I have built but perfectly usable. Nice smaller size (compared to previous MyBooks). Attractive Design".|
|egiacomin||10:25pm on Sunday, July 11th, 2010|
|I got this drive to replace a slow 5400 rpm Seagate drive and is amazed at the screaming performance and its quietness. Good choice to have for a laptop, upgraded an old Hitachi Deskstar for this drive, and great difference in speed. Working perfectly with Mac OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard). Working perfectly with Mac OS X 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard). After 10 months.|
|CJLinst||2:55am on Tuesday, June 29th, 2010|
|No Comment. It seems to be a good product to this point. Runs quiet and cool. No Comment. This series of disks from Seagate are reliable, quiet and suitable for personal and business use. Good balance for the price. Buffer size.|
|gravedave||2:00pm on Tuesday, June 15th, 2010|
|It seems to work pretty well. When I test it under Linux using the smartctl program. So far it works fine, however I noticed that it is not as quiet as the other disk I had before|
|mf3659||11:36pm on Saturday, May 8th, 2010|
|Somewhat Satisfied After two years, this drive finally went South on me. I wish hard drives were not so short lived. I guess two years is not so bad.|
|hypotaxis||6:35am on Wednesday, April 21st, 2010|
|Product works well so far. Received it before the email came that said it shipped!! Positives I find this unit is compact for my laptop backup. Dell has these WD products at a lower price than WD even on sale.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Flash Disk
Introduction.... 3 Features..... 3 System Requirements... 4 Before Use.... 4 Driver Installation.... 5 Driver Installation for Windows 98/98SE.... 5 Disk Partitions and Security Function.. 8
Format.exe Interface.... 8 Partition Function.... 8 Security Function... 9 Configuration Function... 11 Lock.exe Interface.... 12
Thank you for your purchasing this Hi-speed USB 2.0 Flash Disk. This portable Plug&Play USB Flash Disk enables you to exchange huge amount of data easily between any computers with a USB port. With high storage capacity and blazing fast speeds, this handy small device is the best choice to replace floppy disks, ZIP disks and hard disks. In addition, this Hi-speed USB Flash Disk provides utility programs that you can partition the disk with great flexibility and set Security Area with password check to secure your personal data. With this gadget from the latest storage trend, you will enjoy its convenience in your daily life.
Portable and secure removable mass storage for business and personal use Full Compliance with USB spec v2.0 and v1.1; true Plug&Play connection Date transfer rate up to 19MB/s for Read, 14MB/s for Write in Dual-channel mode* Date transfer rate up to 10MB/s for Read, 7MB/s for Write in Single-channel mode* USB bus powered: Powered from USB port, no external power or battery needed Multiple Operation Systems supported: No driver needed in Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Mac TM 9.x or later, Linux TM Kernel 2.4 or later. Only Windows 98 and Windows 98SE need the enclosed driver Disk partitions and Security Area with password check Shock resistant, noise-free and long data retention
Note: The read/write speed of the USB Flash Disk depends on the Flash memory type
inside the device and also on the computers system performance.
Desktop or laptop computers with USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 port One of following operation systems Windows 98/98SE Windows ME Windows 2000 Windows XP Mac OS 9.x or later Linux Kernel 2.4 or later
1. Please keep this Hi-speed USB 2.0 Flash Disk away from heat, direct sunlight, and water. Do not bend, flex, or drop it. 2. To prevent data loss and fatal damage to the USB 2.0 Flash Disk, please never remove it from the USB port while data is being transferred. It is advised that user perform Safety Remove Hardware by selecting USB Mass Storage Device before removing the Flash Disk. 3. Due to OS security control, in Windows 2000 or Windows XP you must be logged in with local Administrator rights to run the Disk Partitions and Security Function.
( The programs named
) If your account does not have the
Administrator rights, please contact your system administrator for assistance. 4. If you re-start the computer and your USB 2.0 Flash Disk is in Unlocked mode (Have the right to access Security Area), please unplug the USB 2.0 Flash Drive to make sure it back to Public Area.
To use this Hi-speed USB 2.0 Flash Disk, it is not necessary to install any driver in Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Mac
9.x or later, Linux
Kernel 2.4 or
later. Only Windows 98 and Windows 98SE need to install the enclosed driver.
Driver Installation for Windows 98/98SE
1. Please execute setup.exe to install USB Flash Disk Windows 98/98SE driver. The icon is shown as:
The Setup Wizard will show up as below, please click Next > to continue.
It is now ready to install the driver. Please click Install to continue the installation.
Executing Setup.exe will guide you to install the USB Flash Disk Windows 98/98SE driver on your computer.
The installation has completed, please click Finish to exit Setup.
The following window will show up when driver installation has finished. Please re-plugin USB Flash Disk to activate the driver.
Disk Partitions and Security Function
This Hi-speed USB 2.0 Flash Disk provides utility program named Format.exe to enable user to partition the Flash Disk and/or to set Security Area with password check to secure your personal data. Also, you can configure this Flash Disk as an MS-DOS Startup Disk by this utility program. To run the utility program, just double click
. Format.exe is used to format/partition
the USB Flash Disk, set Security Area, and create MS-DOS Startup Disk. If users enable the security function when performing Format.exe, one another program named Lock.exe will be generated and placed in the first partition of the Flash Disk. To run the Lock.exe, just double click
. Lock.exe is the interface used to access the Security Area.
1. Flash Disk Profile: Shows Vender Name, Product Name, assigned Drive letter, and disk capacity of this Flash Disk. 2. Public Area: Shows the disk capacity of public area. The minimum capacity of this area is 3MB.
3. Security Area: Shows the disk capacity of security area. The minimum capacity of security area is 3MB. 4. Capacity Scroll Bar: Users can drag the scroll bar to adjust the disk capacity between public area and security area. Only after enabling the PASSWORD option in Security Function, the Capacity Scroll Bar can be dragged. (See more in Security Function below) 5. Format Progress Bar: Shows the progress of formatting disk. 6. START FORMAT: Click Button to start disk format. 7. CLOSEClick Button to exit the program. 8. PARTITION: Click Button to switch to PARTITION function. 9. SECURITY: Click Button to switch to SECURITY function. 10. CONFIGURATION: Click Button to switch to CONFIGURATION function.
Note 1: Only after enabling the PASSWORD option in Security Function, the Capacity
Scroll Bar can be dragged. Otherwise, the size of Security Area is set to zero.
11. PASSWORD: After users enable this option, the display window of 12, 13 and 14 becomes valid to edit as shown in the following. User can key in up to four characters used as password (at least one character is required). After enabling this option, the capacity of Security Area will be allowed to be set in the PARTITION function. In other word, if this option is not enabled, users are not allowed to set the capacity of Security Area i.e. no Security Area.
12. Enter Password: User can set the password for Security Area. At least one character is required, and maximum is four characters. 13. Verify Password: Type the password again to double check. 14. Hint: Hint area is used to remind users the password. Users can type in any characters.
- 10 -
15. USB ZIP Boot: This function is only supported for Windows 98. After completing the format, the USB Flash Disk will become MS-DOS Startup Disk and be shown as Removable Disk in the system. 16. USB HDD Boot: This function is only supported for Windows 98. After completing the format, the USB Flash Disk will become MS-DOS Startup Disk and be shown as Local Disk in the system. 17. Quick Format: Selects Quick Format will erase the internal FAT table, which referenced by operation systems. All data previously stored in the Flash Disk will be cleared after completion. 18. Complete Format: Selects Complete Format will both erase the internal FAT table and physically erase the flash memory blocks. The Flash Disk will be formatted as a single partition disk. All data previously stored in the Flash Disk will be cleared after completion.
- 11 -
Note 1: Users are asked to re-plugin the USB Flash Disk after Format.exe is finished to
activate these selected functions.
Note 2: If Security Function is enabled, the login program (Lock.exe) for security
function will be loaded into the USB Flash Disk. Otherwise, Lock.exe will not be generated.
Note 3: If USB Boot function failed, please check whether the boot files exist or not.
For Windows 98, please make sure the directory :\COMMAND\EBD exists. Otherwise, its required to create the directory, then copy and save boot files into this directory before formatting USB Flash Disk as a Boot Disk.
Note 4: If users have set the Security Area from the Format.exe and run the program
again with selecting Quick Format or Complete Format, all the data previously stored in the Public Area and Security Area will be cleared when format completed.
The Lock.exe is the interface users get to access the Security Area. Having set the Security Area, users can run Lock.exe to Unlock the Security Area then having the right to access it. Once all the data processing has completed, users then select Locked to secure their personal data in the Security Area. To run the Lock.exe, just double click
Note: Please notice that Lock.exe is the only interface to access to Security Area if you have
set it. Without this program, you wont be able to access the Security Area. If you have deleted Lock.exe carelessly, please copy it from the Driver CD. You can also reset Security Area from Format.exe, but you will lose all your data previously stored in the USB Flash Disk.
- 12 -
1. Disk State: Indicates disk mode of the USB Flash Disk. When the Disk State is LOCKED, users are accessing the Public Area. When the Disk State is UNLOCKED, users are accessing the Security Area. 2. Unlock: If the USB Flash Disk is in LOCKED mode, users can enter the password then click the Unlock button to switch to UNLOCKED mode to access Security Area. In UNLOCK mode, the display is shown as below:
3. Change Password: Clicks this button, the window for changing password will pop up. See more in 7 ~ 10 in the following. 4. Close: Clicks this button to close the program. 5. Enter Password: Enter password to check if user have the right to access Security Area. 6. Hint: Hint area shown to remind users the password.
- 13 -
7. Cancel: Clicks this button to cancel the password change. 8. Apply Change: Clicks this button to complete Change Password for the Security Area. 9. New Password: The entry field for new password. 10. Verify Password: The entry field for verifying new password.
Note 1: When executing Lock.exe, users can find its icon in the menu bar shown as
below. Users can double-clicks this icon to call the Lock.exe or points to the icon and clicks the right-button of the mouse to do the options of Lock, Change Password, or Exit.
Note2: When users select Lock or Exit mentioned in NOTE 1, the Lock.exe will be
closed and its icon vanished. If users need to access Security Area again, please execute this program from the Public Area I that stores Lock.exe.
All the information in this document is subject to change without prior notice. The manufacturer makes no representations or any warranties regarding the Contents of this manual. The information contained in this manual is provided for the general use by the customers. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form by any means without the express written permission of the manufacturer. All brand names and product names used in this document are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
- 14 -
Maxell, a name synonymous with high performance multimedia storage products offers a complete line up of memory card and USB flash drives. From digital cameras, MP3 players, printers, camcorders and mobile phones, Maxells digital media products provide the perfect storage solution for capturing and transporting data, music, photo and video files.
USB drives are compatible with PCs, Macs, laptops and devices with a USB port.
High speed file transfer. Lightweight and portable, with write-protect switch and LED indicator.
USB Mini Key
USB Key Max
Compact size with stylish design Available in sky blue, green, red & black
Size Item # UPC Code 25215Carton Inr/Mstr
Elegant design with glossy cover and 360 rotatable USB connector Full-speed transfer up to 480 Mbps
4 GB 2 GB 1 GB
5/50 5/50 5/50
USB Slim Drive
Available in white or black LED indicator when drive is in use
Extremely slim & stylish design
UPC Code 25215-
4 GB GB GB 485452
48671-5 48672-2 48639-5
4 GB 485482 48673-GB 485483 48674-GB 485458 48649-4
USB PEN Drives
USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Data transfer rate up to 8MB/sec Password protection, formatting and participating utility software included
Size Item # UPC Code Carton 25215- Inr/Mstr
Elegant design with sliding USB connector and metallic housing Write protect and data security
GB 485457 GB 485450 GB 485444 GB 485443
48648-7 48614-2 48601-2 48600-5
5/50 5/50 5/50 5/50
GB GB GB GB
48647-0 48602-9 48520-6 48521-3
Memory cards for compatible digital cameras, camcorders, MP3 players, handheld PCs, PDAs, printers and any other device with a card slot.
UPC Code Carton 25215- Inr/Mstr
Album Cards (60X)
512 MB 485417 48517-MB 485418 48518-MB 485419 48519-0
4 GB 2 GB 1 GB 512 MB
48606-7 48605-0 48604-3 48603-6
1 GB 512 MB 256 MB 128 MB
48607-4 48595-4 48550-3 48551-0
Various capacities available. Please contact your Maxell Sales Representative for details.
Maxell Canada 50 Locke St, Unit #2, Concord, ON L4K 5R4 Tel: (905) 669-8107 Fax: (905) 669-8108 Toll Free: 1-800-661-9500
AWO-D 7452 Warrior Vista-10SE Manager TNT100-120 DVP5100 KS-FX433R Software C3800N FO-A560 XBM 838 Inverter 5005 Sp5500 PXI-H990 Stanag Scale NXR-700 X 9611 SGH-Z170 CF-HA 9102D VP-D301 GFA-4402 JBL L110 Digital EAM3200 Review RX690 Ultra Latitude C600 BC-160 ZB412 RHT700R AIR 50 Writer BF641FST Lexmark T640 Breadmaker R-880D Geko 201 SC-HD560 3000XLT Series KEH-P8850 Cronometro 300 SHD514XF1 LE37A550 SP-50L3HR HS8040 NN-SD767 MRP-F306 GS105 CS-TE12HKE Samsung ST61 H8000FW Ghost 10 KLV-26BX300 LMV1630WW SGH-G808 R-1000 1984 955DF Quad 909 Coolpix 8700 81302 Venture VDR-M55PP DDX6027 ICD-UX71F QC625K And F60 MCD2540E-M Cinema-U3000mini Iriver H300 Motorola W181 AFG311 ZWC85010W Officejet 6315 Ranger-2004 Wmls11B TC7102 ICD-CX50 White K-X LE32S81BH 1800-911 Imagemixer 1205A V-ampire Coffeemaker FT AP610N 22PFL3403D 10 BA 120N Kodak C180 82618 MA400 KX-P6150 KX-MB271 2 DX L74665 C32WD2tn2 SNK5600 XL-40
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101