Naim HDX Itunes
Here you can find all about Naim HDX Itunes like manual and other informations. For example: review.
Naim HDX Itunes manual (user guide) is ready to download for free.
On the bottom of page users can write a review. If you own a Naim HDX Itunes please write about it to help other people. [ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Naim HDX Itunes photo ]
Naim HDX Itunes
User reviews and opinions
No opinions have been provided. Be the first and add a new opinion/review.
HDX HARD DISK PLAYER iTunes For Mac OS X Supplement
HDX and iTunes (Mac) Supplement
I n tr odu ct ion
This document is intended to help users in making an iTunes library on an Apple Macintosh computer visible to Naim and NaimNet hard disk player and music server products (HDX, NS01, NS02 and NS03). The document describes the following steps: 1. Moving music to the user account public folder. 2. Setting up the shared folder and user permissions. 3. Specifying the Windows workgroup name. 4. Switching on Windows Sharing.
Note: The Naim HDX and NaimNet server products use a version of the Microsoft Windows operating system internally, so for an Apple Macintosh computer running Mac OS X to share data, the Macs sharing preferences must be specifically set up to be compatible with Windows.
5. Confirming that the share is working.
Note: The procedures described in this manual are congruent with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7 and iTunes 8.2.1. The procedures for alternative software versions may differ slightly. Note: Reference to the HDX throughout this document should be taken also to include the NaimNet NS01, NS02 and NS03 music servers.
1 Mov in g musi c to the user a ccount p ub l i c f ol d er
For your iTunes music to be visible to an HDX you need to set the Mac to broadcast the music as a SMB (Samba) drive. In order to do this, the music must be located in the public folder under your user name.
First you must ensure that the Keep iTunes Music folder organized option is checked in the iTunes Preferences: 1. From the iTunes menu, choose Preferences. 2. In the resulting window, click the Advanced button. 3. Select the Keep iTunes Music folder organized check box. 4. Click OK.
Apple Macintosh, Mac, OS X, and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the
U.S. and other countries. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation.
Next, follow the steps below to move your iTunes Music library to the new location and to consolidate it there. This procedure not only copies your music and media files but also retains any ratings and playlists. Note: If you move your music library to an external hard drive, you will need to have that drive connected to access your files. It is always a good idea to have a backup of your iTunes library. 1. 2. 3. 4. Open iTunes. From the iTunes menu, choose Preferences. Click the Advanced button in the Preferences window. Click the Change button in the iTunes Music folder location pane. where you would like your iTunes music to be moved. This should be: ~/public/ (the tilde ~ represents your home directory). 6. 7. 8. 9. Click the New Folder button in the Change Music Folder Location window. In the New Folder window that appears, enter the name of the new iTunes Music folder. Click Create. Click Open in the Change Music Folder Location window.
5. the Change Music Folder Location window that appears, navigate to the location In
10. Click OK in the Advanced window. 11. rom the File menu, choose Library and then Consolidate Library. A message will F appear that says: Consolidating your library will copy all of your music into the iTunes Music folder. This cannot be undone. 12. Click Consolidate. Important: This action copies all of your music and media files to the new location. There must be enough hard disk space available to copy all of your music and media files. 13. After the folder has been copied, locate your original iTunes Music folder, and drag it to the Trash (or Recycle Bin). Important: Only delete the iTunes music folder. Do not delete the iTunes library.xml or any other files. 14. Empty the Trash (or Recycle Bin).
2 Set t in g u p the sha red fol d er a nd us er p er m i s s i ons
Windows Sharing provides no guest access facility so users must have accounts on the Mac OS X computer from which the iTunes library is to be shared. Existing accounts can be used, but if a new OS X user account is required (perhaps for those who wish to set up a separate account to access their music) the steps below describe the process. If no new account is required this step may be skipped. 1. 2. From the Applications menu, choose System Preferences. Choose Accounts. the bottom left of the popup window. 4. 5. 6. 7. Click the + button. Enter the Name and Short Name for the user who will log in from Windows (the HDX). Enter the user password. Quit system preferences.
3. Unlock the menu using the system administrator password by clicking on the padlock at
Note: The short name is exactly how the user should enter their name when they log in to Windows Sharing. The short name is always lowercase.
3 S pecif y in g the Wi nd ows Wo rkgr oup N a m e.
The default Mac OS X SMB workgroup name is WORKGROUP. 1. 2. 3. From the OS X Applications menu (or Finder Apple menu), choose System Preferences. Choose Network. Select your active network connection (usually indicated by a green circle)
4. Select Advanced. Note: You may need to authenticate to do this. Authenticate by selecting the padlock and entering the administrator password. 5. Select WINS
6. Change the workgroup to: NAIM, and select ok. 7. Exit system preferences. Note: For Naim server sharing, you must set the workgroup to NAIM.
4 Sw it ch in g o n Wi nd ows Sha ri ng.
1. From the OS X Applications menu (or Finder Apple menu), choose System Preferences. 2. Chose Sharing. 3. Select File Sharing.
4. Select the public folder in the shared folders list
5. Make sure that the user you wish to share as has Read & Write access. 6. Select options. 7. Select Share files and folders using SMB. 8. Click Done. 9. Exit system preferences.
5 Con f ir min g tha t the sha re i s wo r k i ng
To check that sharing is set up correctly, go to your HDX and proceed as follows: 1. Go to the Home Menu. 2. Select System Setup. 3. Select Network Shares.
4. Select Manage Shares. All the shares available to the HDX should be listed, including the OS X Mac shared folder. Select Enable to enable the share. If the OS X folder is not listed, follow the steps below: 5. Go back to the Network Shares menu (press the back button). 6. Select Refresh All Shares. Click ok when prompted and wait for the OS X share to appear.
Naim Audio Limited, Southampton Road, Salisbury, England SP1 2LN Tel: +44 (0)Fax: +44 (0)W: www.naimaudio.com Part No. 12-001-0092 Iss. 1
NV-VZ1E Press Ruban 612 R1004 Review CDX-C610RDS KDL-40P3000 H2215 VSX-D712-K AXN 500 2 HF 400 EXC F150-2005 SL-P2000 MDX-C5200 W1050 CS-29Z40HPQ Office T40W Touring DCR-SR46E FE1414 NX7000 Nokia 5140 2 00 16 JBC GS-2200 SC-4360 29PT656A-78R Doro 313C HT-R520 Diagram VC6200 Combo PS 20 GZ-MG555U DCS-6620 Regatta VDR-D250 Messenger SCB1400NB CD4401S N412I Tsl 601 Aspire-T620 Motorola GP68 DR175B Router VGN-FW21M Instructions Coupe Amplifier P-3000 Series MIM 2190 Glass JT-P87 SL-SX220 WM-60A DAV-LF1H KDL-46HX705 MD 2000 Philips FW91 TX-P50u10E Ericsson R380 TX-29PS2P Midiverb 4 AX-380 P4S800D PRO 7 V-AMP PV-GS35 ME10D PT-L6510EL Airlink 101 DCP-1200 JA-83K HP 110 DSP-AX540 440 DMC-T26 Presario 6000 OFX 570 Decade H5555 BMW 520I All-IN-ONE STR-DE545 1450 S Station Handle Microrex D11 SGH-Z360 CMT-SX2D EP729 GSM7248 HP-4500 KD-SH1000 SMT-1921P AQ12awan Back Plus HTC 1000 SV4002H
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101