Oregon Scientific SE232 Manual
Oregon Scientific SE232, size: 1.1 MB
Here you can find all about Oregon Scientific SE232 like manual and other informations. For example: review.
Oregon Scientific SE232 manual (user guide) is ready to download for free.
On the bottom of page users can write a review. If you own a Oregon Scientific SE232 please write about it to help other people. [ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Oregon Scientific SE232 photo ]
User reviews and opinions
|Lacero||5:11am on Sunday, September 12th, 2010|
|Out of the box, did not work I spent half hour (not counting opening the package it was packed it) trying to get the time set. No luck. GREAT PRODUCT!! I LOVE THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE A SCREW WITH A KIND OF A HANDLE WIRE THING THAT HOLDS THE THING THAT TELLS YOU THE TEMP OUTSIDE....|
|huntereric||10:57am on Wednesday, June 23rd, 2010|
|GREAT BUY I just love this indoor/outdoor thermometer. I live along the Adirondack Parkway in NY and temperature change daily. Performs as expected Works great. I assume the temperature is accurate, although I have never verified it.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
VIBRA Trainer Fit / VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro Model: SE211 / SE232
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introduction... 3 Key Features... 4 Watch... 4 LCD Display... 5 Getting Started... 8 Unpacking the Watch... 8 Turning On the Watch (First-Time Use Only).. 8 Batteries... 8 Wearing the Chest Belt and Watch.. 11 Transmission Signal... 12 Signal Search... 14 Setting the Keypad Tone / Light Mode.. 14 Activating the Backlight.. 15 Activating the Keypad Lock.. 15 Switching Between Operation Modes.. 15 Using the Clock... 16 Using the Alarm(s)... 17 Setting the Alarm(s)... 17 Turning the Alarm Sound Off.. 17 Activating / Deactivating the Alarm. 18 Exercise Profile... 18 Target Activity... 20 Maximum / Lower / Upper Heart Rate Limit.. 20 Heart Rate Alert... 21 User Profile... 21 Activity Level... 23 About the Fitness / Body Mass Index.. 23 Fitness Index... 23 Body Mass Index (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro Only).. 24 1
SE211 English R9 OP_OK
2006.1.5, 9:41 PM
View Fitness / Body Mass Index.. 25 About the SMART TRAINING PROGRAM. 26 Using the SMART TRAINING PROGRAM. 26 View Data while SMART TRAINING PROGRAM is Running. 27 View SMART TRAINING PROGRAM Memory Records. 28 Recovery Heart Rate (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro Only). 28 Stopwatch.... 29 View Data while Stopwatch / Lap is Running.. 29 View Stopwatch or Lap Memory Records.. 30 Training Information... 31 How the Heart Rate Monitor Helps You.. 31 Training Tips... 31 Care Instructions... 32 Aquatic and Outdoor Activities.. 32 Tips for Keeping Your Watch Fit.. 33 Specifications... 33 Warnings... 34 About Oregon Scientific.. 35 EU-Declaration of Conformity.. 36
SE211 English RX OP_OK.p65
2006.1.7, 1:26 AM
Thank you for selecting the Oregon ScientificTM VIBRA Trainer Fit (SE211) / VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro (SE232) watch as your sports fitness product of choice. This precision device includes the following features: Heart rate monitor with cordless transmission between watch and chest belt. Digital coding system to reduce environmental interference. Heart rate monitoring system when you go above or below your upper and lower heart rate limit. Vibration, visual or sound alert for heart rate thresholds during training. Memory stores heart rate figures during exercise. SMART TRAINING PROGRAM enables you to complete exercise cycles effectively. Calorie consumption and percent fat burn display during and after exercise. Exercise profile - to calculate your personal heart rate limit for training. User profile - to calculate your fitness index and body mass index (BMI - VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only). Stopwatch. 99 lap memory storage showing average heart rate and maximum heart rate. (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only.) Dual alarms with a choice of daily, weekday or weekend settings. Mounting bracket, chest belt and carrying case included. Watch - up to 50 metres water resistant. Chest belt - splash proof.
IMPORTANT The use of the SE211 or SE232 watch is for sport purposes only and it is not meant to replace any medical advice. This manual contains important safety and care information, and provides step-by-step instructions for using this product. Read the manual thoroughly, and keep it in a safe place in case you need to later refer to it.
WATCH SE211 - VIBRA Trainer Fit SE232 - VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro
1. LCD display. 2. - VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only - L / MEM / -: Display training records; decrease setting value; mark a lap. - VIBRA Trainer Fit only - MEM / -: Display training records; decrease setting value. 3. MODE: Switch to another display. 4. ST / SP / +: Start / stop timer; increase setting value. 5. / : Turn on backlight for 3 seconds; lock / unlock the keypad.
6. SET: Enter Setting Mode; select another setting option; display different information during training; reset timer / stopwatch.
1. Area 1 2. Area 2 3. Area 3 4. Area 4 Area 1
/ : Alarm 1 and 2 time; waves show when alarm is activated. : Cursor highlights the selected alarm in Alarm Mode.
3. WARM: Warm-up timer is shown or running. 4. TTL: Total exercise time is displayed. 5. SPLIT: Shows and calculates split time (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only). 6. : Stopwatch is shown or running. 7. LAP: Shows current lap time or memory lap time (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only). 8. TIMER: SMART TRAINING PROGRAM is shown or running. 9. REST: Recovery timer is shown or running.
Area 4 5
1. Date: MM:DD or DD:MM and day of the week; stopwatch time. 2. kcal: Calorie unit. 3. 4. 5. : Keypad tone is disabled. : Light Mode is enabled. : Keypad lock is enabled.
1. Time: HH:MM. 2. / : Flash in Timer / Stopwatch Mode when the heart rate is above or below the upper and lower zone.
3. kg / lb: Body weight unit. 4. % FAT: Percentage of fat burn. 5. cm: Height unit. 6. LAP: Take lap; lap number (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only). 7. MEM: Stopwatch or timer memory is shown. 8. Yr: Year of user's birth.
1. AVG: Average heart rate is displayed. 2. AM / PM: Appears when the 12-hour clock / alarm is being used. 3. MAX: Maximum heart rate is displayed (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only). 4. 5. 7. 8. : Heart rate is above or below limit; sound alert is activated. : Flashes when receiving heart rate signal. : Battery status. : Heart rate alert is set to vibrate.
6. VIBRO: Battery is too low for vibrate function.
UNPACKING THE WATCH When you unpack your VIBRA Trainer Fit / VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro watch, make sure to keep all the packing materials in a safe place, in case you need to later transport or return the product for servicing. In this box, you will find: Watch Heart rate chest belt Mounting bracket Carry case 2 x CR2032 lithium batteries - already installed
TURNING ON THE WATCH (FIRST-TIME USE ONLY) Press any key for 2 seconds to activate the LCD display. BATTERIES The VIBRA Trainer Fit / VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro uses two CR2032 lithium batteries, one for the watch and another for the heart rate chest belt. Both are already installed. See the table below for battery warnings. LOW BATTERY ICON DESCRIPTION The battery is too low to run the backlight The battery is too low to run the vibration alert The watch battery is low; the vibration alert and backlight cannot be used The chest belt battery is nearly too low to send a signal to the watch
The batteries typically last one year. We highly recommend that you contact the retailer or our customer service department if you need to replace them.
To replace the watch battery:
1. Turn the watch over so that you are looking at the back plate. 2. Disconnect the watchstrap as shown above. 3. Using a small screwdriver, remove the four screws that hold the back plate into position. 4. Remove the back plate and set it aside. 5. Using a thin blunt instrument, hook the release catch and lift the clip. 6. With your finger, remove the old battery and set it aside. 7. Slide the new battery into the battery compartment with the + side upwards. 8. Replace the battery clip. 9. Replace the back plate and screws.
To replace the chest belt battery:
1. Locate the battery compartment on the back of the chest belt. 2. Using a coin, as shown above, twist the compartment lid counter-clockwise until it clicks out of place. 3. Set the battery compartment lid aside. 4. With your finger, remove the old battery and set it aside. 5. Insert the new battery with the + side upwards. 6. Replace the battery compartment lid by twisting it clockwise until it is firmly in place. IMPORTANT Non-rechargeable and rechargeable batteries must be disposed of properly. For this purpose, special containers are provided for non-rechargeable and rechargeable battery disposal at communal collection centres. Batteries are extremely dangerous when swallowed! Therefore, keep batteries and the article away from infants. If a battery has been swallowed seek immediate medical advice. The batteries supplied must not be recharged, reactivated by any other means, dismantled, put into fire or short-circuited.
WEARING THE CHEST BELT AND WATCH CHEST BELT The heart rate chest belt is used to count your heartbeat and transmit the data to the watch. To wear the chest belt: 1. Wet the conductive pads on the underside of the chest belt with a few drops of water or a conductive gel to ensure solid contact. 2. Strap the heart rate chest belt across your chest. To ensure an accurate heart rate signal, adjust the strap until the belt sits snugly below your pectoral muscles.
TIPS The position of the chest belt affects its performance. Move the chest belt along the strap so that it falls above your heart. Avoid areas with dense chest hair. In dry, cold climates, it may take several minutes for the chest belt to function steadily. This is normal and should improve with several minutes of exercise.
NOTE If the watch is kept idle without receiving a heart rate signal for 5 minutes, the Heart Rate Mode will quit and return to Clock Mode. WATCH You can wear the receiver watch on your wrist or strap it to a bike or exercise machine, as shown below.
TRANSMISSION SIGNAL The heart rate chest belt and watch have a maximum transmission range of about 62.5 centimetres (25 inches). They are equipped with the latest digital coding system to reduce signal interference from the environment, as well as analog technology. For more accurate readings use the digital transmission signal. You should only switch to the analog transmission signal if the situation in point 2 occurs (see below). Your watch will advise you which system it is using and the signal status by displaying the following icons: NOTE Whenever the watch is searching for the chest belt signal (manual or automatic search), make sure that the chest belt is no further than 10 cm (4 inches) from the watch. ICON Outside heart is flashing Inside heart is flashing DESCRIPTION Searching for a signal A signal has been found and the digital system is being used A signal has been found and the analog system is being used No signal has been found No signal has been found NOTE To switch from digital to analog or analog to digital system, press the chest belt button for more than 4 seconds and then force a signal search. IMPORTANT If the heart icon does not appear on the display or is not flashing because no signal has been found, force a signal search. See "Signal Search" section for how to do this. In the event that you experience a weak signal or your signal is disrupted by interference in the environment, follow the instructions below to identify and resolve the situation. 1. The signal is weak - the watch heart rate monitor will only show "0": Shorten the distance between the heart rate chest belt and watch. Re-adjust the position of the heart rate chest belt. Check the conductive pads are moist enough to ensure solid contact. Check the batteries. If they are low or exhausted, the range may be less. 12
Heart is flashing
Force a signal search (see "Signal Search" section). 2. The gym equipment does not seem to work with your chest is displayed: belt and the digital icon Most gym equipment is compatible with the analog system. Press and hold the chest belt button for more than 4 seconds. from digital to analog. Then force a signal search (see "Signal Search" section).
3. Interference from another person's heart rate monitor - their heart rate readings appear on your watch, or the heart rate monitor shows "0": Press the chest belt button to get the watch to receive your chest belt signal. Do not press and hold the chest belt button, as it will change the transmission signal from digital to analog. Take the chest belt off for 12 seconds to automatically change your User ID. (The watch has 4 User ID's. When the watch receives the chest belt signal it will tell you which User ID it has selected. Only products with a digital coding system have User ID capability.) 4. The signal is jammed - the heart rate reading on your watch is flashing: There is too much interference in the environment for your heart rate monitor to function. Move to an area where the heart rate reading stops flashing. WARNING Signal interference in the environment can be due to electromagnetic disturbances. These may occur near high voltage power lines, traffic lights, overhead lines of electric railways, electric bus lines or trams, televisions, car motors, bike computers, some motor driven exercise equipment, cellular phones or when you walk through electric security gates. Under interference, the heart rate reading may become unstable and inaccurate.
SIGNAL SEARCH To force a signal search: 1. Press MODE to navigate to the SMART TRAINING PROGRAM or Stopwatch Mode. 2. Press and hold MODE for 2 seconds. The signal-searching icon with the outside flashing will appear to confirm a signal search is taking place. Whenever the watch is searching for the chest belt signal make sure that the chest belt is no further than 10 cm (4 inches) from the watch. The signal search will take approximately 10 seconds. If after 10 seconds the heart icon is not flashing, then your signal search has been unsuccessful and you need to force another signal search. See the table in the "Transmission Signal" section for more signal status information. SETTING THE KEYPAD TONE / LIGHT MODE You can set the watch to have the: Keypad "Beep" tone ON or OFF.
Light Mode ON or OFF - see "Activating the Backlight" section.
To set these features: 1. Press MODE to navigate to the Real-Time Clock Mode.
2. Press SET until you reach the feature you wish to change. 3. Press ST / SP / + or MEM / - to change the setting. 4. Press SET to confirm the setting and move on to the next one. ACTIVATING THE BACKLIGHT When the Light Mode is set to OFF: Press to turn on the backlight for 3 seconds. Press any other key whilst the light is on and it will extend the light time by another 3 seconds.
When the Light Mode is set to ON: Press any key to turn ON or extend the backlight for 3 seconds.
To help conserve power the Light Mode ON setting will automatically switch to OFF after 2 hours. NOTE The backlight does not work when the low battery icon is shown and will return to normal once the batteries are replaced. ACTIVATING THE KEYPAD LOCK To turn the keypad lock ON or OFF: Press and hold for 2 seconds. display when the keypad lock is on. will appear on the
SWITCHING BETWEEN OPERATION MODES Press MODE to switch between the 5 operation modes: Real-Time Clock Alarm Clock User Profile / Exercise Profile Timer - SMART TRAINING PROGRAM Stopwatch
The modes are described in the sections that follow. NOTE You can run the SMART TRAINING PROGRAM or stopwatch in the background as you access other modes. The icon for the mode that is running will flash until you switch back to that mode.
USING THE CLOCK
The real-time clock is the default display for the VIBRA Trainer Fit / VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro watch. To set the real-time clock: 1. Press MODE to switch to Real-Time Clock Mode.
2. Press and hold SET until the first setting flashes.
3. Press ST / SP / + or MEM / - to change the setting. Hold to speed through the options. Press SET to confirm the setting and move on to the next one. 4. Repeat step 3 to change other settings for this mode. The order of the real-time clock settings is: 12 / 24 hour clock format Hour Minute Year DD:MM or MM:DD date format Month Day
NOTE The clock is programmed with a 50-year auto-calendar, which means you do not need to reset the days of the week and dates each month. 16
USING THE ALARM(S)
SETTING THE ALARM(S) Your watch has 2 alarms that can be set to activate daily (Mon-Sun), on a weekday (Mon-Fri), or on a weekend (Sat / Sun). To set alarm 1 or alarm 2: 1. Press MODE to navigate to Alarm Clock Mode.
2. Press SET to move the cursor to select alarm 1 or alarm 2 and ST / SP / + to activate or deactivate the alarm. 3. Press and hold SET to enter the setting mode for the chosen alarm.
4. Press ST / SP / + or MEM / - to change the setting. Hold to speed through the options. Press SET to confirm the setting and move on to the next one. 5. Repeat step 4 to change other settings for this mode. 6. The alarm will automatically be activated once you have finished setting the alarm time. The order of the alarm clock settings is: Select daily, weekday or weekend alarm Hour Minute
TURNING THE ALARM SOUND OFF Press any key to turn the alarm sound off. The alarm will automatically reset itself unless you deactivate it. 17
ACTIVATING / DEACTIVATING THE ALARM 1. Press MODE to navigate to Alarm Clock Mode. 2. Press SET to move to the cursor to select alarm 1 or 2. 3. Press ST / SP / + or MEM / - to activate the alarm. or deactivate
To calculate your minimum and maximum heart rate you need to set the exercise profile. The VIBRA Trainer Fit watch supports 1 exercise profile, whereas the VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro watch supports 3 different exercise profiles. Different activities exercise the body in different ways and help you to achieve a variety of fitness goals. To accommodate this the exercise profile can be set to suit different exercise activities. For example, if you are running, your exercise profile settings are likely to differ from those you would use when undertaking a weight training activity. Also, the time you require to warm-up and complete an exercise will vary. That is why you can change the warm-up and exercise countdown time to suit you. To set the exercise profile: 1. Press MODE to navigate to Exercise Profile Mode.
2. If this screen appears, press SET to navigate to the Exercise Profile Mode.
3. VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only - press SET to navigate to 1 of the 3 exercise profiles. 4. Press and hold SET until the first setting flashes.
5. Press ST / SP / + or MEM / - to change the setting. Hold to speed through the options. Press SET to confirm the setting and move on to the next one. 6. Repeat step 5 to change other settings for this mode. The order of the user profile settings is: Target activity - 0 to 2 Lower limit heart rate Upper limit heart rate Resume vibration mode (only appears when the battery is low, this warning enables you to resume vibration mode or turn it OFF to save power) Heart rate alert Exercise timer - hour Exercise timer - minute Warm-up timer - set to 5, 10, 15 to activate or 0 mins to deactivate timer Rest timer - ON / OFF (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only)
NOTE Once you have set your exercise profile your lower and upper heart rate limit will be set automatically. However, you can manually change your upper and lower heart rate limit if the automatic setting does not suit you. If you change the target activity level, your upper / lower and maximum heart rate will automatically be updated.
TARGET ACTIVITY There are 3 target activity levels: TARGET ACTIVITY 0 Health Maintenance MHR% 65-78% DESCRIPTION This is the lowest training intensity level. It is good for beginners and those who want to strengthen their cardiovascular systems. Increases strength and endurance. It works within the body's oxygen intake capability, burns more calories, and can be maintained for a long period of time. Generates speed and power. It works at or above the body's oxygen intake capability, builds muscle, and cannot be maintained for a long period of time.
MAXIMUM / LOWER / UPPER HEART RATE LIMIT Before you begin any exercise program and to achieve maximum health benefits from your workout, it is important to know your: Maximum heart rate (MHR) Lower heart rate limit Upper heart rate limit
To manually calculate your own heart rate limits, follow the instructions below: MHR MHR = 220 - age LOWER LIMIT MHR x lower target activity %. E.g. Target activity is 0 Lower Limit = MHR x 65% UPPER LIMIT MHR x upper target activity %. E.g. Target activity is 0 Upper Limit = MHR x 78%
HEART RATE ALERT You can set the heart rate alert in the exercise profile to the following settings: ICON DESCRIPTION Heart rate sound and vibration alert are OFF Heart rate sound alert is ON 1 beep means you have gone below your lower zone limit 2 beeps means you have gone above your upper zone limit Heart rate vibration alert is ON Heart rate sound and vibration alert are ON
When the heart rate alert is activated, a flashing down or up arrow will appear on the display to show which heart rate limit you have surpassed. NOTE Using the vibration feature consumes battery life at a faster rate than the sound alarm. NOTE If the watch is kept idle without receiving a heart rate signal for 5 minutes, the Heart Rate Mode will quit and return to Clock Mode.
To access the full benefits of the VIBRA Trainer Fit / VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro watch, set up your user profile before you exercise. This will automatically generate a fitness index and body mass index (BMI - VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only). These calculations along with the calorie and fat % burned will help you track your progress over time.
To set the user profile: 1. Press MODE to navigate to User Profile Mode.
2. If this screen appears, press SET to navigate to the User Profile Mode.
3. Press and hold SET until the first setting flashes.
4. Press ST / SP / + or MEM / - to change the setting. Hold to speed through the options. Press SET to confirm the setting and move on to the next one. 5. Repeat step 4 to change other settings for this mode. The order of the user profile settings is: Sex Year of birth Month of birth Day of birth Weight unit - lbs or kg Weight Height unit - feet or metres Height Activity level - 0-2 22
Once you complete your user profile, a fitness index and body mass index is automatically calculated and displayed for you. Refer to the "About the Fitness / Body Mass Index" section for further information. NOTE You can display and adjust your user profile at any time. NOTE You must set up your user profile to use the calorie count and fat burn features. ACTIVITY LEVEL The activity level is based on your own self-assessment of the amount of exercise you regularly perform. ACTIVITY LEVEL DESCRIPTION Low - You do not usually participate in programmed recreation sports or exercise. Medium - You are engaged in modest physical activity (such as golfing, horseback riding, table tennis, callisthenics, bowling, weight lifting or gymnastics) 2-3 times a week, totalling 1 hour per week. High - You actively and regularly participate in heavy physical exercise (such as running, jogging, swimming, cycling, or skipping rope) or engage in vigorous aerobic exercise (such as tennis, basketball or handball).
ABOUT THE FITNESS / BODY MASS INDEX
FITNESS INDEX Your VIBRA Trainer Fit and VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro watch will generate a fitness index based on your aerobic fitness. This index is dependent and limited by the body's ability to deliver oxygen to the working muscles in training. It is often measured by maximum oxygen uptake (VO2 Max), which is defined as the highest amount of oxygen that can be utilized when exercising at an increasingly demanding level. The lungs, heart, blood, circulatory system, and working muscles are all factors in determined VO2 Max. The unit of VO2 Max is ml/kg min. The higher the index, the fitter you are. See the tables below for a rough guide to what your fitness index means: 23
FITNESS INDEX FOR MAN
AV FA IR
FITNESS INDEX FOR WOMAN
BODY MASS INDEX (VIBRA TRAINER FIT PRO ONLY) Your body mass index is a measurement of the relative percentages of fat and muscle mass in the human body. HEALTH INDICATION Underweight BMI RANGE DESCRIPTION
Less than 20.0 Your body weight is currently lower than average. Work toward healthy, regular food intake and exercise routine to build up your health to recommended levels. Your health is at the 20.0 to 25.0 recommended level. Maintain a balanced diet and exercise to keep your current level of health.
HEALTH INDICATION Overweight
BMI RANGE 25.1 to 29.9
DESCRIPTION Your body weight may be above normal. Increase your exercise and work out a diet plan to lower your risk for serious illness.
30.0 or greater At this level, you may be at risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, and other illnesses. Consult with your doctor to develop a proper health and fitness plan.
NOTE BMI should not be used as a guideline for health risks for the following groups: GROUP Children and teenagers Athletes and body builders REASON BMI ranges are only based on adult heights. BMI does not differentiate between fat and muscle, thus making it inaccurate for persons with high muscle volumes. This group generates naturally high fat reserves as part of the pregnacy. Fat reserves naturally tend to be higher with older persons.
Pregnant or nursing women
People over the age of 65
NOTE The above BMI information is based on an average Caucasian physique. VIEW FITNESS / BODY MASS INDEX Press MODE to navigate to the User Profile Mode. Then, press MEM / - to display your fitness and body mass index.
NOTE If you have not completed your user profile, these will not display and "- -" will show on the display. Only VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro users will be given a BMI reading.
ABOUT THE SMART TRAINING PROGRAM
The SMART TRAINING PROGRAM enables you to complete exercise cycles effectively. It will guide you through from a 5-minute warm up (default setting), to the end of your exercise program. In addition to monitoring your heart rate and alerting you whenever you fall out of the range for the selected training zone, the Program allows you to check the calories consumed and the percentage of fat burned. USING THE SMART TRAINING PROGRAM The SMART TRAINING PROGRAM monitors your exercise performance once you have entered your user profile and exercise profile. NOTE You cannot use the SMART TRAINING PROGRAM if you are running the stopwatch. To enter the SMART TRAINING PROGRAM: 1. Press MODE to navigate to Timer Mode.
2. VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only - press and hold SET. Press ST / SP / + or MEM / - to select 1 of the 3 exercise profiles. Press SET to confirm and enter the SMART TRAINING PROGRAM.
3. To start or stop the warm-up, exercise or recovery countdown timer, press ST / SP / +. Once you stop any countdown timer you cannot resume the timer unless you press and hold ST / SP / +. (Please see point 4 below). At the end of each countdown period you will hear a beep. 3 beeps = warm-up time completed. 1 long beep = exercise time completed. 3 beeps in 2 cycles = rest time completed (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only). 4. To bypass a timer setting and move onto the next one, press and hold ST / SP / +. 5. To reset the timer, press and hold SET. The order of the Timer Mode setting is: Warm-up time - The warm-up will not display if it has been set to "0", in the exercise profile. Exercise time - The exercise time is set in the exercise profile. Rest time - VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only - The rest time is automatically set to 3 mins and cannot be changed. When the timer reaches "0", the recovery heart rate will appear. VIEW DATA WHILE SMART TRAINING PROGRAM IS RUNNING During warm-up, exercise or rest time countdown, press SET to view and toggle between the following screen displays: Remaining warm-up / exercise / rest time with current heart rate
VIEW STOPWATCH OR LAP MEMORY RECORDS To view stopwatch records: 1. The stopwatch must be stopped (press ST / SP / +). 2. Press MEM / - to view memory records.
3. Press SET to view each record. The stopwatch records will appear in the following order: Total time / maximum heart rate (max. heart rate shows only on VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro) Total time / average heart rate Calories / fat burn total In zone time: Time spent without exceeding your upper or lower heart rate limit Above zone time: Time spent exceeding your upper heart rate limit Below zone time: Time spent exceeding your lower heart rate limit To view lap records (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only): 1. The stopwatch must be stopped (press ST / SP / +). 2. Press L / MEM / - to view memory records. 3. Press + or - to select lap. 4. Press SET to view each lap record. The lap records will appear in the following order: Lap time / lap number 30
Lap time / maximum heart rate Split time / average heart rate Calorie and fat burn total - per lap In zone time - per lap: Time spent without exceeding your upper or lower heart rate limit Above zone time - per lap: Time spent exceeding your upper heart rate limit Below zone time - per lap: Time spent exceeding your lower heart rate limit
HOW THE HEART RATE MONITOR HELPS YOU A heart rate monitor is the most important tool in cardiovascular health and an ideal training partner. It enables you to see and monitor results. This helps you assess your past performance, maximise your work out and adapt your future exercise program to achieve your desired goals in a safer and more effective way. When you exercise, the chest belt picks up your heartbeat and sends it to the watch. Now you can view your heart rate and start monitoring your performance based on your heart rate readings. As you get fitter, your heart will need to do less work and the speed of your heart rate will decrease. The reason for this is as follows: Your heart pumps blood to your lungs to obtain oxygen. Then, the oxygen rich blood will travel to your muscles. The oxygen is used as fuel and the blood leaves the muscles and returns to the lungs to begin the process again. As you get fit, your heart is able to pump more blood with every beat. As a result, your heart doesn't have to beat as often to get the necessary oxygen to your muscles.
TRAINING TIPS To gain the maximum benefit from your training program, and to ensure that you exercise safely, please observe the following guidelines: Start with a well-defined training goal, such as to lose weight, keep fit, improve health or compete in a sporting event. Select a training activity you enjoy, and vary your training activities to exercise different muscle groups. 31
Start slowly, and then gradually step up your work out as you become fitter. Exercise regularly. To maintain a healthy cardiovascular system, 20-30 minutes three times a week is recommended. Always allow at least five minutes before and after exercising for warm-up and cool-down. Measure your pulse after training. Then repeat the procedure again after three minutes. If it does not return to its normal resting rate, you may have trained too hard. Always check with your doctor before starting a vigorous training program.
To ensure you receive the maximum benefit from using this product, please observe the following guidelines: Clean the watch and chest belt thoroughly after each training session. Never store the products when wet. Use a soft, slightly moistened cloth. Do not use abrasive or corrosive cleaning agents, as these may cause damage. Avoid pressing the keys with wet fingers, under water, or in heavy rain, as this may allow water to gain entry into the electrical circuitry. Do not bend or stretch the transmitter part of the chest belt. Do not subject the product to excessive force, shock, dust, temperature changes, or humidity. Never expose the product to direct sunlight for extended periods. Such treatment may result in malfunction. Do not tamper with the internal components. Doing so will terminate the product warranty and may cause damage. The main unit contains no user-serviceable parts. Do not scratch hard objects against the LCD display as this may cause damage. Remove the batteries whenever you are planning to store the product for a long period of time. When replacing batteries, use new batteries as specified in this user manual.
AQUATIC AND OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES The watch is water-resistant up to 50 metres. The chest belt is water-resistant up to 10 metres, but should not be worn for underwater activities, as the heart rate transmission cannot occur under water. Refer to the table for proper use guidelines. 32
RAIN SHOWERING LIGHT SHALLOW SPLASHES, (WARM / SWIMMING DIVING / ETC COOL / SHALLOW SURFING / WATER WATER WATER ONLY) SPORTS
SNORKELING / DEEP WATER DIVING
50m / 165ft
When using the watch for aquatic or outdoor sports activities, observe the following guidelines: Do not press the keys under water or with wet fingers. Rinse with water and mild soap after use. Do not use in hot water.
TIPS FOR KEEPING YOUR WATCH FIT Keep your watch water resistant! Avoid chemicals (gasoline, chlorine, perfumes, alcohol, hair sprays, etc.). Rinse after use. Reduce exposure to heat. Have your watch serviced by an approved service centre annually.
TYPE CLOCK Time format Date format Year format Alarms STOPWATCH Stopwatch Resolution Lap counter 99:59:59 (HH:MM:SS) 1/100sec 99 laps share 99:59:59 (HH:MM:SS) (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only) 12 hr / 24 hr DD / MM or MM / DD 2001-2050 (auto-calendar) Alarms 1 and 2 with daily, weekday or weekend settings DESCRIPTION
TYPE Warm-up timer Exercise timer Rest timer
DESCRIPTION Set to 5, 10, 15, or 0 mins 99:59:00 (HH:MM:SS) 3 mins fixed time (VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro only)
SMART TRAINING PROGRAM
PERFORMANCE TRACKING Heart rate (HR) alarm HR measuring range Lower HR settable range Upper HR settable range Calories calculation % fat burning calculation TRANSMISSION Range WATER RESISTANT Watch Chest belt POWER Watch Chest belt 1 x CR2032 3V lithium battery 1 x CR2032 3V lithium battery 50 metres (not actuating keys) Splash proof Vibrate / sound / visual 30-240 bpm (beats per minute) 30-220 bpm (beats per minute) 80-240 bpm (beats per minute) 0-9,999 kcal 0-99% 62.5 cm (25 inches) - may decrease with low battery
OPERATING ENVIRONMENT Operation temperature Storage temperature 5C-40C (41F-104F) -20C-70C (-4F-158F)
To ensure you use your product correctly and safely, read these warnings and the entire user manual before using the product. The warnings given here provide important safety information and should be observed at all times. The product is a precision instrument. Never attempt to take this device apart. Contact the retailer or our customer service department if the product requires servicing. 34
Do not touch the exposed electronic circuitry, as there is a danger of electric shock. Take precautions when handling all battery types. Remove the batteries before storing the product for a long period of time. Do not use the chest belt in aircrafts or hospitals. The use of radio frequency products can cause malfunctions in the control devices of other equipment. Do not subject the product to impact or shock. Check all major functions if the device has not been used for a long time. Maintain regular internal testing and cleaning of your device. When disposing of this product, do so in accordance with your local waste disposal regulations.
ABOUT OREGON SCIENTIFIC
Visit our website (www.oregonscientific.com) to learn more about Oregon Scientific products such as digital cameras; MP3 players; children's electronic learning products and games; projection clocks; health and fitness gear; weather stations; and digital and conference phones. The website also includes contact information for our customer care department in case you need to reach us, as well as frequently asked questions and customer downloads. We hope you will find all the information you need on our website, however if youre in the US and would like to contact the Oregon Scientific Customer Care department directly, please visit: www2.oregonscientific.com/service/default.asp OR Call 1-800-853-8883. For international inquiries, please visit: www2.oregonscientific.com/about/international.asp
EU-DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
Hereby, Oregon Scientific, declares that this VIBRA Trainer Fit / VIBRA Trainer Fit Pro model SE211 / SE232 is in compliance with EMC directive 89/336/CE. A copy of the signed and dated Declaration of Conformity is available on request via our Oregon Scientific Customer Service.
SE211 English R11 OP_OK.p65
2006.1.11, 10:20 AM
40574 TF8009 160 Blue SC-PTX5 GC-L197NFS Tours Dusseldorf C51 PL-01 19 SL Ultralight Head NP-R528-da04 X422 MFP KX-FL501 P410M ICD-SX35 Terminal 32 KE2041 LAV4750 Dista D300 Versa-2007 I915gmie Review SGH-E590 1600 TSS Serie 60 37PFL9732D Player 1010 ESD 7100 PMC-107L Zanussi T533 Desktop PC Scroll SAW KW-XC777 UX-F250CW SRU5030 55 Client DS6211 PT-LB90NTE CX-146 NN-J155wbepg Array Fl-45P RA-985BX AM2NF6g-vsta Vytec SM 570 AH-D1100 DXZ835MP 3300C Carbon Arte 12605 RA-930AX Galya 2500 Teac P-11 Iriver H100 System 5100C Scale Imagerunner 2320 CNE 108 Temporisateur PV-DV103D Crdh155-42 Equinox Singer 750 Wolfenstein VGN-AR71J SGH-T139 DVR 625 5970 VFD Dr-mx1 PQI H551 GSA-H10L Sony D Triton TR Graph35 SK1XG FS750T IR-free CR-220 CD1452B-24 D-VR3 CAD11 FTR9955 FC6843 MRO-DS8 Orlando CD70 SL-P1200 CBX-K1XG Automate 553 Ground 1 5 BT-03I Eu R08 Lifebook B KX-TG8421G Server Kw-avx706 RMV301 F-zero AX DVP3042
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101