Samsung DVD-1080P7 Dvd Player, size: 9.0 MB
Samsung DVD-1080P7 Doc(declaration Of Conformity)
Samsung - Upconverting
Samsung's new DVD-1080P7 DVD upconverter with patented HQV technology is ideal for consumers who want to savor their DVD collections on new HD displays. Samsung's new DVD-1080P7 players rejuvenate DVD libraries by up-converting a DVD's native resolution (480p) to output close to high-definition formats (720p/1080i/1080p). Because the upconversion process occurs in the digital domain, no data is lost (compared with analog conversion) and the resulting image is pristine.
[ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Samsung DVD-1080P7 photo ]
DVD Player Samsung DVD HD1080P7
User reviews and opinions
|910chris||5:17am on Sunday, August 22nd, 2010|
|Hello i have been reading the reviews for this player and its the best you can get for the price and what it does but with the new Sony DVP-NS708H DVD... I got the 1080i version of this Upscaling DVD player a while back on here, which i think is no longer available and which i purchased for £64.99.....|
|mnmleung||2:30am on Friday, June 18th, 2010|
|At this price range it offers a much bigger satisfactory level for the consumer...! Great DVD player. Plays mpeg/avi files straight from data CD/DVDs. Sound quality and video quality both well above average for the price.|
|gbohmann||6:37pm on Saturday, June 5th, 2010|
|Yeah! Great player! Nice image,nice sound... Superb! Quality and good price Good dvd player! Very good price/performance ratio! I recommend it! I am haaaaaappy cuz i bought this dvdplayer!|
|tuulelohe||7:46pm on Sunday, May 30th, 2010|
|Lbs. Also known as: Samsung DVD 1080P7, Samsung 1080P7, Samsung DVD-1080P7, Samsung DVD Manufacturer Part No.: DVD-1080P7 Dimension: 1.8 in. x 16. Ever have. I bought this samsung few years ago, even before my children born. Since at that time I had plenty time to watch DVD movies. In the price range of $49 to $82, this samsung DVD 1080P7 model DVD is a very good product available in the market. A high quality picture.|
|picleo||12:07am on Saturday, May 22nd, 2010|
|The video output of this unit abruptly quit 12 months after we purchased it. The unit performs well, and was so well priced that it was hard to pass up.|
|cercatore||3:06pm on Tuesday, May 4th, 2010|
|If only this player was a good as my 5 year old Pioneer DV360S I felt really let down by Samsung as I was led to believe they were a quality brand as ...|
|kt911||10:46pm on Wednesday, April 14th, 2010|
|Design, Appearance, Picture Quality Display Readout I recently purchased this DVD player to complement my Samsung 46" LCD TV. I have been very pleased with this picture.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
Item #301: Samsung HPT5054 50" Plasma HDTV PRICE: $1,353.00
Item #302: Samsung LNT2653H 26" LCD HDTV PRICE: $ 731.00
Item #303: Samsung LNT3253H 32" LCD HDTV PRICE: $850
Item #304: Samsung LNT4061F 40" 1080p LCD HDTV PRICE: $1,600
Item #305: Samsung FPT5884 58" 1080p Plasma HDTV PRICE: $3,284.00
Item #306: Samsung DVD-1080P7 Up-Converting 1080p DVD Player PRICE: $99.00
Item #307: Samsung DVD-VR357 Tunerless DVD Recorder and VCR Combo PRICE: $ 170.00
1. Setting up - Refer to the identification label located on the rear of your player for its proper operating voltage. - Install your player in a cabinet with adequate ventilation holes. (7~10cm) Do not block ventilation holes on any of the components for air circulation. - Do not push the disc tray in by hand. - Do not stack components. - Be sure to turn all components off before moving the player. - Before connecting other components to this player, be sure to turn them off. - Be sure to remove the disc and turn off the player after use, especially if you are not going to use it for a long time. - The main plug is used as a disconnect device and shall stay readily operable at any time. 2. For your safety - This product utilizes a laser. Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation exposure. - Do not open covers and do not repair yourself. Refer servicing to qualified personal. 3. Caution - Your player is not intended for industrial use but for domestic purposes. Use of this product is for personal use only. - Apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no object filled with liquids, such as vases, shall be placed on the apparatus. - Exterior influences such as lightning and static electricity can affect normal operation of this player. If this occurs, turn the player off and on again with the POWER button, or disconnect and then reconnect the AC power cord to the AC power outlet. The player will operate normally. - When condensation forms inside the player due to sharp changes in temperature, the player may not operate correctly. If this occurs, leave the player at room temperature until the inside of the player becomes dry and operational. 4. Disc - Do not clean disc using record-cleaning sprays, benzene, thinner, or other volatile solvents that may cause damage to the disc surface. - Do not touch the discs signal surface. Hold by the edges or by one edge and the hole in the center. - Wipe the dirt away gently; never wipe a cloth back and forth over the disc. 5. Environmental info - The battery used in this product contains chemicals that are harmful to the environ ment. - So, dispose of batteries in the proper man ner, according to federal, state, and local regulations. The product unit accompanying this user manual is licensed under certain intellectual property rights of certain third parties. This license is limited to private non-commercial use by end-user consumers for licensed contents. No rights are granted for commercial use. The license does not cover any product unit other than this product unit and the license does not extend to any unlicensed product unit or process conforming to ISO/OUR 11172-3 or ISO/OUR 13818-3 used or sold in combination with this product unit. The license only covers the use of this product unit to encode and/or decode audio files conforming to the ISO/OUR 11172-3 or ISO/OUR 13818-3. No rights are granted under this license for product features or functions that do not conform to the ISO/OUR 11172-3 or ISO/OUR 13818-3. CAUTION: USE OF ANY CONTROLS, ADJUSTMENTS, OR PROCEDURES OTHER THAN SPECIFIED HEREIN MAY RESULT IN HAZARDOUS RADIATION EXPOSURE.
BEFORE YOU STAR T
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Precautions. 2 Before you start. 3 Setup General Features. 4 Disc Type and Characteristics. 5 Description. 6 Tour of the Remote Control. 8 Connections Choosing a Connection. 9 Basic Functions Playing a Disc. 16 Using the Search and Skip Functions. 17 Using the Display Function. 17 Using the Disc and Title Menu. 18 Using the Function Menu. 18 Repeat Play. 18 Slow Play. 19 Advanced Functions Adjusting the Aspect Ratio (EZ View). 19 Selecting the Audio Language. 20 Selecting the Subtitle Language. 20 Changing the Camera Angle. 21 Using the Instant Replay/Skip Function. 21 Using the Bookmark Function. 21 Using the Zoom Function. 22 Clips Menu for MP3/WMA/JPEG/MPEG4/ CD Audio. 22 Folder Selection. 22 MP3/WMA/CD Audio Playback. 23 MPEG4 Playback. 23 Picture CD Playback. 25 Changing Setup Menu Using the Setup Menu. 26 Setting Up the Language Features. 26 Setting Up the Audio Options. 27 Setting Up the Display Options. 28 Setting Up the Parental Control. 30 Setting Up the Anynet+(HDMI-CEC). 31 Reference Firmware upgrade. 32 Troubleshooting. 33 Specifications. 34
Batteries for Remote Control (AAA Size)
Install Batteries in the Remote control 1. Open the battery cover on the back of the remote control. 2. Insert two AAA batteries. Make sure that the polarities (+ and -) are aligned correctly. 3. Replace the battery cover.
If remote control doesnt operate properly: - Check the polarity + - of the batteries (Dry-Cell) - Check if the batteries are drained. - Check if remote control sensor is blocked by obstacles. - Check if there is any fluorescent lighting nearby.
Excellent Sound Dolby Digital, a technology developed by Dolby Laboratories, provides crystal clear sound reproduction. Screen Both regular and widescreen(16:9) pictures can be viewed. Slow Motion An important scene can be viewed in slow motion. 1080p Playback This player upconverts regular DVDs for playback on 1080p TVs. Parental Control (DVD) The parental control allows users to set the level necessary to prohibit children from viewing harmful movies such as those with violence, adult subject matter, etc. Various On-Screen Menu Functions You can select various languages (Audio/Subtitle) and screen angles while enjoying movies. Progressive Scan Progressive scanning creates an improved picture with double the scan lines of a conventional interlaced picture. EZ VIEW (DVD) Easy View enables picture adjustment to match your TV's screen size (16:9 or 4:3). Digital Photo Viewer (JPEG) You can view Digital Photos on your TV. Repeat You can repeat a song or movie simply by pressing the REPEAT button. MP3/WMA This unit can play discs created from MP3/WMA files. Instant Replay (DVD) This function is used to replay the previous 10 seconds of a movie from the current position. Instant Skip (DVD) This function skips playback ahead 10 seconds MPEG4 This unit can play MPEG4 formats within an avi file. HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) HDMI reduces picture noise by allowing a pure digital video/audio signal path from the player to your TV. Note - Discs which cannot be played with this player. DVD-ROM DVD-RAM CD-ROM CDV CDI CVD CDGs play audio only, not graphics. - Ability to play back may depend on recording conditions. DVD-R, +R CD-RW DVD+RW, -RW (V mode) - The unit may not play certain CD-R, CD-RW and DVD-R due to the disc type or recording conditions. COPY PROTECTION Many DVD discs are encoded with copy protection. Because of this, you should only connect your DVD player directly to your TV, not to a VCR. Connecting to a VCR results in a distorted picture from copyprotected DVD discs. This product incorporates copyright protection technology that is protected by methods claims of certain U.S. patents and other intellectual property rights owned by Macrovision Corporation and other rights owners. Use of this copyright protection technology must be auzthorized by Macrovision Corporation, and is intended for home and other limited viewing uses only unless otherwise authorized by Macrovision Corporation. Reverse engineering or disassembly is prohibited. PROGRESSIVE SCAN OUTPUTS (525p, 720p, 1080p) CONSUMERS SHOULD NOTE THAT NOT ALL HIGH DEFINITION TELEVISION SETS ARE FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH THIS PRODUCT AND MAY CAUSE ARTIFACTS TO BE DISPLAYED IN THE PICTURE, IN CASE OF 525, 720 OR 1080 PROGRESSIVE SCAN PICTURE PROBLEMS, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT THE USER SWITCH THE CONNECTION TO THE STANDARD DEFINITION OUTPUT. IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS REGARDING YOUR TV SET COMPATIBILITY WITH THIS MODEL 525p, 720p AND 1080p DVD PLAYER, PLEASE CONTACT SAMSUNG'S CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER.
8. 9. 10. 11. 12.
14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19.
20. 21. 22. 23. 24. 25.
26. 27. 28.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.
VIDEO SEL. Button Change Video output mode. HDMI SEL. Button HDMI Output resolution setup. DVD POWER Button Turns the power on or off. NUMBER Buttons BOOKMARK Buttons SEARCH Buttons ( ) / Allow you to search forward/backward through a disc.
Choosing a Connection
The following shows examples of connections commonly used to connect the DVD player with a TV and other components. Before Connecting the DVD Player - Always turn off the DVD player, TV, and other components before you connect or disconnect any cables. - Refer to the users manual of the additional components you are connecting for more information on those particular components. Connection to a TV (For Video)
Using video/audio cables, connect the VIDEO (yellow)/AUDIO (red and white) OUT terminals on the rear of the DVD player to the VIDEO (yellow)/AUDIO (red and white) IN terminals of TV.
Turn on the DVD player and TV.
RED WHITE Audio Cable Video Cable RED WHITE YELLOW
Press the input selector on your TV remote control until the Video signal from the DVD player appears on the TV screen.
Note - Noise may be generated if the audio cable is too close to the power cable. - If you want to connect to an Amplifier, please refer to the Amplifier connection page. (See pages 14 to 15) - The number and position of terminals can vary depending on your TV set. Please refer to the user's manual of the TV. - If there is one audio input terminal on the TV, connect it to the [AUDIO OUT][left] (white) terminal of the DVD player. - If you press the VIDEO SEL. button when DVD Player is in stop mode or no disc is inserted, the Video Output mode changes in the following sequence: (COMPOSITE/S-Video I-SCAN P-SCAN) - If you set the HDMI output resolution, S-Video output cannot be used.
Connection to a TV (S-Video) - Connecting to your TV using an S-Video cable. - You will enjoy high quality images. S-Video separates the picture element into black and white(Y) and color(C) signals to present clearer images than regular video input mode. (Audio signals aredelivered through the audio output.)
Why does Samsung use HDMI? Analog TVs require an analog video/audio signal. However, when playing a DVD, the data transmitted to a TV is digital. Therefore either a digital-to-analog converter (in the DVD player) or an analog-to-digital converter (in the TV) is required. During this conversion, the picture quality is degraded due to noise and signal loss. DVI technology is superior because it requires no D/A conversion and is a pure digital signal from the player to your TV. What is the HDCP? HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) is a system for protecting DVD content outputted via DVI from being copied. It provides a secure digital link between a video source (PC, DVD. etc) and a display device (TV, projector. etc). Content is encrypted at the source device to prevent unauthorized
Connection to an Audio System (2 Channel Amplifier)
Using the audio cables, connect the AUDIO (red and white) OUT terminals on the rear of the DVD player to the AUDIO (red and white) IN terminals of the Amplifier.
Using the video signal cable(s), connect the VIDEO, SVIDEO or COMPONENT OUT terminals on the rear of the DVD player to the VIDEO, S-VIDEO or COMPONENT IN terminal of your TV.
Turn on the DVD player, TV, and Amplifier.
Audio Cable RED WHITE
2-Channel stereo amp
Press the input select button of the Amplifier to select external input in order to hear sound from the DVD player.
Note - Please turn the volume down when you turn on the Amplifier. Sudden loud sound may cause damage to the speakers and your ears. - Please set the audio in the menu screen according to the Amplifier. (See pages 27-28) - The position of terminals can vary depending on the Amplifier. Please refer to the user's manual of the Amplifier.
Connection to an Audio System (Dolby digital, MPEG2 or DTS Amplifier)
If using an optical cable (not included), connect the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) terminal on the rear of the DVD player to the DIGITAL AUDIO IN (OPTICAL) terminal of the Amplifier. If using a coaxial cable (not included), connect the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (COAXIAL) terminal on the rear of the DVD player to the DIGITAL AUDIO IN (COAXIAL) terminal of the Amplifier.
Using the video signal cable(s), connect the VIDEO, SVIDEO, COMPONENT or HDMI OUT terminals on the rear of the DVD player to the VIDEO, S-VIDEO, COMPONENT or DVI IN terminals of your TV as described on pages 9 to 14.
Repeat the current track, chapter, title, a chosen section (A-B), or all of the disc. When playing a DVD/VCD
1. Press the REPEAT button on the remote control. Repeat screen appears. 2. Press the / buttons to select Chapter, Title or A-B, then press the ENTER button. - DVD repeats play by chapter or title, VCD repeat play by disc or track. - Chapter ( ): repeats the chapter that is playing. - Title ( ): repeats the title that is playing. - Disc ( ): repeats the disc that is playing. - Track ( ): repeats the track that is playing. - A-B: repeats a segment of the disc that you select.
Press ENTER key for Title Menu
Note - Depending on a disc, the Title Menu may not work. - Title Menu will only be displayed if there are at least two titles in the disc.
01 A - B
Using the A-B Repeat function
1. Press the REPEAT button on the remote control. 2. Press the / buttons to select A-B button. 3. Press the ENTER button at the point where you want repeat play to start (A). B is automatically highlighted. 4. Press the ENTER button at the point where you want the repeat play to stop (B). - To return to normal play, press the CANCEL button. 3. To return to normal play, press REPEAT button again, then press the / buttons to select Off and press ENTER button. DVD
English Adjusting the Aspect Ratio (EZ View)
To play back using aspect ratio (DVD)
Press the EZ VIEW button. - The screen size changes when the button is pressed repeatedly. - The screen zoom mode operates differently depending on the screen setting in the Display Setup menu. - To ensure correct operation of the EZ VIEW button, you should set the correct aspect ratio in the Display Setup menu. (See pages 28 to 29).
4:3 Letter Box
Note - A-B REPEAT does not allow you to set point (B) until at least 5 second of playback time has elapsed after point (A) has been set - Depending on a disc, the Repeat function may not work. - When playing VCD2.0, this function works only when the menu is off. Select Menu Off by pressing the DISC MENU button.
If you are using a 16:9 TV
For 16:9 aspect ratio discs - WIDE SCREEN Displays the content of the DVD title in 16:9 aspect ratio. - SCREEN FIT The top and bottom portions of the screen are cut off. When playing a 2.35:1 aspect ratio disc, the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen will disappear. The picture will look vertically stretched. (Depending on a type of disc, the black bars may not disappear completely.) - ZOOM FIT The top, bottom, left and right of the screen are cut off and the central portion of the screen is enlarge For 4:3 aspect ratio discs - Normal Wide Displays the content of the DVD title in 16:9 aspect ratio. The picture will look horizontally stretched. - SCREEN FIT The top and bottom portions of the screen are cut off and the full screen appears. The picture will look vertically stretched. - ZOOM FIT The top, bottom, left and right portions of the screen are cut off and the central portion of the screen is enlarged. - Vertical Fit When a 4:3 DVD is viewed on a 16:9 TV, black bars will appear at the left and right of the screen in order to prevent the picture from looking horizontally stretched.
Subtitle Selection External Subtitle Off readme.TXT
Selecting the Audio Language
You can select a desired audio language quickly and easily with the AUDIO button. Using the AUDIO button (DVD/VCD/MPEG4)
1. Press the AUDIO button. The Audio changes when the button is pressed repeatedly. The audio languages are DVD represented by ENG DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1CH abbreviations.
Non-standard fonts are not supported
Press Subtitle button at remocon repeatedly to select the desired subtitle language on a MPEG4.
2. To remove the SUBTITLE icon, press the CANCEL or RETURN button.
When playing a VCD you can select among Stereo, Right or Left. Press AUDIO button at remocon repeatedly to select the desired Audio on MPEG4 then press the ENTER.
Note - You have to change the desired subtitle in the Disc Menu, according to discs. Press the DISC MENU button. - This function depends on what subtitles are encoded on the disc and may not work on all DVDs. - A DVD disc can contain up to 32 subtitle languages. - To have the same subtitle language come up whenever you play a DVD; Refer to Using the Subtitle Language on page 27.
Changing the Camera Angle
When a DVD contains multiple angles of a particular scene, you can use the ANGLE function. Using the ANGLE function (DVD) If the disc contains multiple angles, the ANGLE appears on the screen.
1. During play or pause mode, press the MENU button on the remote control. 2. Press the / buttons to select Function, then press the or ENTER button. 3. Press the / buttons to select Angle, then press the or ENTER button.
Using the Bookmark Function
This feature lets you bookmark sections of a DVD or VCD (Menu Off mode) so you can quickly find them at a later time. Using the Bookmark Function (DVD/VCD)
1. During play, press the MENU button on the remote control. 2. Press the / buttons to select Function, then press the or ENTER button.
3. Press the / buttons to select Bookmark, then press the or ENTER button.
4. Press the / buttons or you can use the number buttons on the remote control to select the desired angle.
4. When you reach the scene you want to mark, press the ENTER button. Up to three scenes may be marked at a time.
Note - If the disc has only one angle, this feature wont work. Currently, very few discs have this feature. - Depending on the disc, these functions may not work
Using the Instant Replay/Skip Function
Using the Instant Replay function (DVD) If you miss a scene, you can see it again using this function.
If you press the INSTANT REPLAY button, the current scene moves backward about 10 seconds, and plays back.
Note - When VCD 2.0 is in Menu Off mode only, this function works. Select Menu Off by pressing the DISC MENU button. - Depending on a disc, the Bookmark function may not work. Recalling a Marked Scene
1~3. The first 1~3 steps are the same as those for Using the Bookmark Function on page 21. 4. Press the / buttons to select a marked scene.
Using the Instant Skip function (DVD) Use this function to skip playback about 10 seconds ahead of the current scene.
Press the INSTANT SKIP button. - Playback will skip ahead 10 seconds.
5. Press the PLAY/PAUSE ( scene.
) button to skip to the marked
Clearing a Bookmark
1~3. The first 1~3 steps are the same as those for Using the Bookmark Function on page 21. 4. Press the / buttons to select the bookmark number you want to delete.
Note Depending on the disc, these functions may not work.
5. Press the CANCEL button to delete a bookmark number.
: Name of currently playing file. : Current Playback Time. : Current Playback Mode : There are four modes. They can be selected in order by pressing the REPEAT button. - Off: Normal Playback - Track: Repeats the current track. - Folder: Repeats the current folder - Random: Files in the disc will be played in random order.
Using the Zoom Function
Using the Zoom Function (DVD/VCD)
1. During play or pause mode, press the MENU button on the remote control. 2. Press the / buttons to select Function, then press the or ENTER button. 3. Press the / buttons to select Zoom, then press the or ENTER button. 4. Press the / or / buttons to select the part of the screen you want to zoom in on. Press the ENTER button. - During DVD play, press ENTER to zoom in 2X/4X/2X/Normal in order. - During VCD play, press ENTER to zoom in 2X/4X/2X/Normal in order.
: MP3 file icon. : WMA file icon. : JPEG file icon : AVI file icon.
: CD Audio file icon. : Folder icon. : Current Folder icon.
Note - When playing MP3, WMA or JPEG, the Picture Quality and the HDMI Resolution cannot be set. - When playing MPEG4 file, the VIDEO SEL. only work in stop mode.
The folder can be selected both in Stop or Play mode.
- To select the Parent Folder Press the RETURN button to go to parent folder, or press the / buttons to select. and press ENTER to go to the parent folder. - To select the Peer Folder Press the / buttons to select the desired folder, then press ENTER.
Clips Menu for MP3/WMA/ JPEG/ MPEG4/CD Audio
CD Audio or discs with MP3/WMA/JPEG/MPEG4 contain individual songs and/or pictures that can be organized into folders as shown below. They are similar to how you use your computer to put files into different folders.
Open the disc tray. Place the disc on the tray. Close the tray. The tray closes and this screen displays.
- To select the Sub-Folder Press the / buttons to select the desired folder, then press ENTER.
R oot W MA JPEG MP 3 P arent Fol der
MU S IC 1s t
C urrent Fol der
S ub-Fol ders 2nd
WMA JPEG MP3 MPEG4
/MPEG4. a01_divx51b-8 a02_divx505b-8 a03_divx502sp-8 a04_divx412-8
Repeat and Repeat A-B playback
Press the REPEAT button to change playback mode. There are 3 modes, such as Off, Folder and Title. - Folder : repeats the AVI files which have the same extension in the current folder. - Title : repeats the title that is playing.
Press the REPEAT A-B button to set the point where you want repeat play to start (A). Press the REPEAT A-B button again at the point where you want the repeat play to stop (B). - To return to normal play, press the CANCEL button.
DivX3.11 & DivX4 & XviD
Bitrate may fluctuate: Device may skip decoding the high bitrate portions and begin decoding again when Bitrate returns to normal.
720 x 480 @30fps 720 x 576 @25fps : Maximum bitrate : 4Mbps
Note - A-B REPEAT does not allow you to set point (B) until at least 5 second of playback time has elapsed after point (A) has been set
Possible warning messages that may appear when trying to play DivX/AVI files are : 1. No Authorization - File with bad registration code.
MPEG4 Function Description Function ( Skip or ) Description Reference page -
During play, press the or button, it moves forward or backward 5 minutes. During play, press the SEARCH ( or ) button and press Search again to search at a faster ( or ) speed. Allows you to search at a faster speed in an AVI file. (2X, 4X, 8X) Allows you to search at a Slow Motion slower speed in an AVI file. Play (1/8X, 1/4X, 1/2X) Each time the STEP button Step Motion is pressed, a new frame will Play appear. ZOOM 2X/4X/2X/Normal in order
This player is not authorized to play this video OK
2. Unsupported Codec - Files with certain Codec Types, Versions (ex. MP4, AFS and other proprietary codecs) are not suppoerted by this player.
S w e e t Vo l 3. B e c a u s e Yo u C a c t u sFile Sad Dayu
P 16 P 22
you attempt to play has un supported codec.
Wo n d e r f u l S w e e t Vo l 3
- These functions may not work depending on MPEG4 file. CD-R AVI file This unit can play the following video compression formats within the AVI file format: - DivX 3.11 contents - DivX 4 contents (Based on MPEG-4 Simple Profile) - DivX 5 contents (MPEG-4 simple profile plus additional features such as bi-directional frames. Qpel and GMC are also supported.) - XviD MPEG-4 compliant Contents. DVD-RW & DVD+R Format that support for DivX file : - Basic DivX format DivX3.11 / 4.12/ 5.x - Xvid (MPEG-4 compliant video codec) and DivX Pro - File format : *.avi, *.div, *.divx. This unit supports all resolutions up to maximum below.
3. Unsupported Resolution - Files containing resolutions higher than the players specification are not supported.
/a01_divx51b-8. a01_divx51b-8 a02_divx505b-8
File you attempt to play has unsupported resolution.
Note - Depending on a file size, the amount of time between each picture may be different from the manual. - If you dont press any button, the slide show will start automatically in about 10 seconds by default.
CHANGING SETUP MENU
Using the Setup Menu
The Setup menu lets you customize your DVD player by allowing you to select various language preferences, set up a parental level, even adjust the player to the type of television screen you have. 1. With the unit in Stop mode, press the MENU button on the remote control. Use the / buttons to select Setup, then press the or ENTER button.
Language Setup Audio Setup Display Setup Parental Setup : DivX(R) Registration
Setup Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) : On
Setting Up the Language Features
If you set the player menu, disc menu, audio and subtitle language in advance, they will come up automatically every time you watch a movie.
Using the Player Menu Language
1. With the unit in Stop mode, press the MENU button. 2. Press the / buttons to select Setup, then press the or ENTER button. 3. Press the / buttons to select Language Setup, then press the or ENTER button. 4. Press the / buttons to select Player Menu, then press the or ENTER button. 5. Press the / buttons to select the desired language, then press the or ENTER button. - The language is selected and the screen returns to Language Setup menu. - To make the setup menu disappear, press the MENU button.
Player Menu Disc Menu Audio Subtitle DivX Subtitle
Language Setup: Setup of the Language. Audio Setup : Setup of the Audio Options. Display Setup : Setup of the Display Options. Use to
select which type of screen you want to watch and several display options. Parental Setup : Setup of the Parental Level. Allows users to set the level necessary to prevent children from viewing unsuitable movies such as those with violence, adult subject matter, etc.
: English English : English Deutsch : English : English Italiano Nederlands
Using the Disc Menu Language
This function changes the text language only on the disc menu screens. 1. With the unit in Stop mode, press the MENU button. 2. Press the / buttons to select Setup, then press the or ENTER button. 3. Press the / buttons to select Language Setup, then press the or ENTER button. 4. Press the / buttons to select Disc Menu, then press the or ENTER button. 5. Press the / buttons to select the desired language, then press the or ENTER button. - If the selected language is not recorded on the disc, the original pre-recorded language is selected. - The language is selected and the screen returns to Language Setup menu. - To make the setup menu disappear, press the MENU button.
Using the Subtitle Language
1. With the unit in Stop mode, press the MENU button. 2. Press the / buttons to select Setup, then press the or ENTER button. 3. Press the / buttons to select Language Setup, then press the or ENTER button. 4. Press the / buttons to select Subtitle, then press the or ENTER button. 5. Press the / buttons to select the desired language, then press the or ENTER button. - Select Automatic if you want the subtitle language to be the same as the language selected as the audio language. - Some discs may not contain the language you select as your initial language; in that case the disc will use its original language setting. - The language is selected and the screen returns to setup menu. - To make the setup menu disappear, press the MENU button.
Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) : On
AUDIO SETUP Digital Out MPEG-2 Digital Out : PCM : PCM
Dynamic Compression : On PCM Down Sampling : On
: English Automatic : English English : English Deutsch : English Italiano
Digital Out - PCM : Converts to PCM(2CH) audio. - Bitstream : Outputs Dolby Digital via the digital output. Select Bitstream when connecting to a Dolby Digital Decoder.
MPEG-2 Digital Out - PCM : Converts to PCM(2CH) audio. - Bitstream : Converts to MPEG-2 Digital Bitstream (5.1CH or 8CH). Select Bitstream when using the Digital Audio Output. Dynamic Compression - On : To select dynamic compression. - Off : To select the standard range. PCM Down Sampling - On : Select this when the Amplifier connected to the player is not 96KHz compatible. In this case, the 96KHz signals will be down converted to 48KHZ. - Off : Select this when the Amplifier connected to the player is 96KHz compatible. In this case, all signals will be output without any changes.
Depending on a type of television you have, you may want to adjust the screen setting (aspect ratio). - 4:3 Letter Box : Select when you want to see the total 16:9 ratio screen DVD supplies, even though you have a TV with a 4:3 ratio screen. Black bars will appear at the top and bottom of the screen. - 4:3 Pan&Scan : Select this for conventional size TVs when you want to see the central portion of the 16:9 screen. (Extreme left and right side of movie picture will be cut off.) - 16:9 Wide : You can view the full 16:9 picture on your wide screen TV.
TV Aspect Aspect Ratio Still Mode : 16:9 Wide 4:3 Letter Box : Auto 4:3 Pan&Scan : On 16:9 Wide : S-Video
Note : There is no analog audio output when you play a DTS sound disc. Even when PCM Down sampling is Off Some discs will only output down sampled audio through the digital outputs. To make the Setup menu disappear, press the MENU button.
Enter Enter Return Menu Return Menu
5. Enter your password. - By default, password is set to 0000.
PARENTAL SETUP Rating Level Change Password
PARENTAL SETUP Rating Level Change Password : Kids Safe Enter Password :Kids Safe
PARENTAL SETUP Rating Level Change Password Enter New Password :Kids Safe
6. Press the / buttons to select the Rating Level you want, then press the or ENTER button. e.g) Setting up in Kids Safe.
Rating Level Rating Level Change Passwor
: Kids Safe Kids Safe Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 Level 5 Level 6
Note If you have forgotten your password, see Forgot Password in the Troubleshooting Guide.
Setting Up the Anynet+(HDMI-CEC)
Anynet+ is a function that can be used to operate the unit using a Samsung TV remote control, by connecting the DVD 1080P7 to a SAMSUNG TV using a HDMI Cable. (see page 13) (This is only available with SAMSUNG TVs that support Anynet+. Select On when you connecting the DVD 1080P7 with Samsung TV that support Anynet+.
View TV Select Device Record Menu on Device Device Operation Receiver : Off Setup
Move Exit ENTER
To make the setup menu disappear, press the MENU button.
You can operate the DVD Player by using TV remote control. (TV buttons that can be used to control the DVD Player : , , , , , and
- Select Device : Use this option to select device. - Menu on Device : Same as MENU button on the DVD Player remote control. - Device Operation : Same as INFO button on the DVD Player remote control.
3. Press the / buttons to select Anynet+(HDMI-CEC), then press the or ENTER button.
4. Set the Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) to On on your DVD Player, then press the or ENTER button.
Note By pressing the PLAY button of the unit while watching TV, the TV screen will change to the play screen. If you play a DVD when the TV power is off, the TV will power On. If you turn the TV off , the DVD Player will power off automatically. If you change the HDMI to other sources (Composite,Component,. etc) in TV while playing the DVD disc, the DVD Player will stop playing.
Disc does not play.
5.1 channel sound is not being reproduced.
The icon appears on screen.
Disc Menu doesnt appear. Check if the disc has a Menu. Play mode differs from the Setup Menu selection. The screen ratio cannot be changed. No audio. The screen is blocked Some of the functions selected in the Setup Menu may not work properly if the disc is not encoded with the corresponding function. The Screen Ratio is fixed on your DVDs. Make sure you have selected the correct Digital Output in the Audio Options Menu. Press the button (in front panel) for more than 5 seconds under no disc inside. All settings will revert to the factory settings. Press the button (in front panel) for more than 5 seconds under no disc inside. All settings including the password will revert to the factory settings. Don't use this unless absolutely necessary. Go to the contents and find the section of the instruction book that contains the explanations regarding the current problem, and follow the procedure once again. If the problem still cannot be solved, please contact your nearest authorized service center. Make sure that the disc is not dirty or scratched. Clean the disc. Check the Video output is HDMI enabled. Check the connection between the TV and the HDMI jack of DVD player. See if the TV supports this 480p/576p/720p/1080i/1080p DVD player. If snow noise appears on the screen, it means that TV does not support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). Check your TV system setup correctly. The screen Jitter phenomenon may occur when frame rate is converted from 50Hz to 60Hz for 720P/1080i/1080p HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) Output. Please refer to the users manual of your TV. P2 P26~31 P28~29 P27-28 P16
If you experience other problems.
The picture is noisy or distorted No HDMI output.
Abnormal HDMI output screen. HDMI output Jitter
Power Requirements Power Consumption AC 110-240V ~ 50/60 Hz 9W 2.3 Kg 430mm (W) X 250mm (D) X 45mm (H) +5C to +35C 10 % to 75 % Reading Speed : 3.49 ~ 4.06 m/sec. Approx. Play Time (Single Sided, Single Layer Disc) : 135 min. CD : 12Cm Reading Speed : 4.8 ~ 5.6 m/sec. Maximum Play Time : 74 min. Reading Speed : 4.8 ~ 5.6 m/sec. Maximum Play Time : 20 min. Reading Speed : 4.8 ~ 5.6 m/sec. Maximum Play Time : 74 min. (Video + Audio) Composite Video 1 channel : 1.0 Vp-p (75 load) Y : 1.0 Vp-p (75 load) Pr : 0.70 Vp-p (75 load) Pb : 0.70 Vp-p (75 load) S-Video HDMI 2 Channel *Frequency Response *S/N Ratio *Dynamic Range *Total Harmonic Distortion Luminance Signal : 1.0 Vp-p (75 load) Chrominance Signal : 0.3 Vp-p (75 load) 480p/576p. 720p. 1080i, 1080p L(1/L), R(2/R) 48 kHz Sampling : 4 Hz to 22 kHz
Weight Dimensions Operating Temperature Range Operating Humidity Range DVD (DIGITAL VERSATILE DISC)
(COMPACT DISC) CD : 8Cm (COMPACT DISC) VCD : 12Cm
96 kHz Sampling : 4 Hz to 44 kHz 110 dB 100 dB 0.004 % *: Nominal specification
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd reserves the right to change the specifications with out notice. - Weight and dimensions are approximate.
Contact SAMSUNG WORLD WIDE
If you have any questions or comments relating to Samsung products, please contact the SAMSUNG customer care centre.
Region North America Country CANADA MEXICO U.S.A ARGENTINE BRAZIL CHILE COSTA RICA ECUADOR EL SALVADOR GUATEMALA JAMAICA PANAMA PUERTO RICO REP. DOMINICA TRINIDAD & TOBAGO VENEZUELA COLOMBIA BELGIUM CZECH REPUBLIC DENMARK FINLAND FRANCE GERMANY HUNGARY ITALIA LUXEMBURG NETHERLANDS NORWAY POLAND PORTUGAL SLOVAKIA SPAIN SWEDEN U.K Republic of Ireland Switzerland RUSSIA KAZAHSTAN UZBEKISTAN UKRAINE LITHUANIA LATVIA ESTONIA AUSTRALIA CHINA HONG KONG INDIA Asia Pacific INDONESIA JAPAN MALAYSIA PHILIPPINES SINGAPORE THAILAND TAIWAN VIETNAM SOUTH AFRICA Middle East & Africa U.A.E Customer Care Center 1-800-SAMSUNG (7267864) 01-800-SAMSUNG (7267864) 1-800-SAMSUNG (7267864) 0800-333-3733 0800-124-421 4004-0000 800-726-7864 (SAMSUNG) 0-800-507-7267 1-800-10-7267 800-6225 1-800-299-0013 1-800-234-7267 800-7267 1-800-682-3180 1-800-751-2676 1-800-7267-864 0-800-100-5303 01-844 Distributor pro eskou republiku : Samsung Zrt., eska organizan sloka Vyskoilova 4, 14000 Praha 3260 SAMSUNG or 65 ( 0,15/Min) 01805 - 121213 ( 0,14/Min) 06-80-SAMSUNG (7267864) 800-SAMSUNG (7267864) 0032 (0)( 0,10/Min) 128 0800-SAMSUNG (726786) 0870 SAMSUNG (7267864) 100 0800-7267864 8-800-200-0400 8-800-080-1188 8-800-120-0400 8-800-502-0000 8-800-77777 800-7267 800-800-810-5858, 010-3698 - 110011 0800-112-8888 0120-327-527 1800-88-9999 1800-10-SAMSUNG (7267864) 1800-SAMSUNG (7267864) 1800-29-3232 02-689-3232 0800-329-7267864 (SAMSUNG) 800SAMSUNG (7267864) 8000-4726 Web Site www.samsung.com/ca www.samsung.com/mx www.samsung.com www.samsung.com/ar www.samsung.com/br www.samsung.com/cl www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com/latin www.samsung.com.co www.samsung.com/be www.samsung.com/cz www.samsung.com/dk www.samsung.com/fi www.samsung.com/fr www.samsung.de www.samsung.com/hu www.samsung.com/it www.samsung.lu www.samsung.com/nl www.samsung.com/no www.samsung.com/pl www.samsung.com/pt www.samsung.com/sk www.samsung.com/es www.samsung.com/se www.samsung.com/uk www.samsung.com/uk www.samsung.com/ch www.samsung.ru www.samsung.kz www.samsung.uz www.samsung.com/ur www.samsung.lt www.samsung.com/lv/index.htm www.samsung.ee www.samsung.com/au www.samsung.com.cn www.samsung.com/hk www.samsung.com/in www.samsung.com/id www.samsung.com/jp www.samsung.com/my www.samsung.com/ph www.samsung.com/sg www.samsung.com/th www.samsung.com/tw www.samsung.com/vn www.samsung.com/za www.samsung.com/mea
|Product Type||DVD player|
|Media Type||CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD, CD, Video CD|
|Video D/A Converter||12bit / 108MHz|
|Audio D/A Converter||24bit / 192kHz|
|Media Load Type||Tray|
|Picture Modes||Pan and scan, normal, widescreen, letterbox|
|DVD Repeat Modes||A-B repeat, all, title, chapter|
|CD Playback Modes||A-B repeat, all tracks repeat, one track repeat|
|Supported Digital Video Standards||MPEG-4, DivX (ver.4), DivX (ver.5), DivX (ver.6)|
|Supported Digital Audio Standards||WMA, MP3|
|Additional Features||On-screen display, parental lock, progressive scanning, JPEG photo playback, slow motion mode|
|Sound Output Mode||Stereo|
|Digital Audio Format||Dolby Digital output, DTS digital output|
|Type||Universal remote control|
|Connector Type||1 x HDMI output ( 19 pin HDMI Type A ) 1 x S-Video output ( 4 pin mini-DIN ) 1 x component video output ( RCA phono x 3 ) 1 x composite video/audio output ( RCA phono x 3 ) 1 x digital audio output (coaxial) ( RCA phono ) 1 x digital audio output (optical) ( TOSLINK ) 1 x SCART ( 21 pin SCART )|
|Power Device||Power supply - internal|
|Universal Product Identifiers|
|GTIN||00036725607743, 08808987179052, 08808987162894|
TU-CT30 SGH-E380 MCD289 12 F800 F801 Voyager DG4080 TX-36PG50 F1DP116G GM-X372 SHB7100-00 KX-TG7323E Ixus II RH255 Firmware Update L1750SQ-SN LN32B360c5D DR-BT21G Atlanta 8000 Nokia 8800 WFT-E1 Engine RC BM 3982 Travelmate 3280 Acer E300 SF 20 4315V MHZ40C Easyshare 5500 Diva 91 50PC5R-MA X2000 Widl 126 T1100 DRT800 RE-SX10 5230E Nfl 2004 T-4711 Onyx Easy 28PT4475 PSR-62 9-3 2002 ECM-CQP1 Argos DAR-101 S2000 HD Region Free Sbcru258-00H HDR-FX1E RX640 3500 DX STR-DE495 EWS 1250 PM-11S1 Facilita PRO Mazda 3 FR124 SYS II C6-01 Ipaq PA-2 Lancer L101 Dvd Player SHB9000 10 Elements 2 Eco TE Nina 118 HMX-H200 Server 1500 SA Ultra-sotes FAX-2900 DRD-8120B 50-2008 3-takedown BE 1020 N2000 Toshiba G900 Motorola V66 PSR-E213 LW40A13W WS-110 MF7480 B4542 2263UW SGH-X450 WB150 Controller ST-D777ES SA-DK10 KX-TAW848 PCG-GRS515M Generation PN50C6500TF Asko 1585 1 GB TS-440S SP-23 R520M Cerato Siemens A56 C2050 ZC540S MZ-N510
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101