Sanyo DS25204 - Instruction Manual, size: 1.4 MB
Here you can find all about Sanyo DS25204 like manual and other informations. For example: .
Sanyo DS25204 manual (user guide) is ready to download for free.
On the bottom of page users can write a review. If you own a Sanyo DS25204 please write about it to help other people.
[ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Sanyo DS25204 photo ]
User reviews and opinions
No opinions have been provided. Be the first and add a new opinion/review.
UNITED STATES AND CANADA WARRANTY
ONE-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS VALID ONLY ON SANYO TELEVISIONS PURCHASED AND USED IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA, AND PUERTO RICO, EXCLUDING THE UNITED STATES OTHER TERRITORIES AND PROTECTORATES. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER, AND DOES NOT APPLY TO PRODUCTS USED FOR INDUSTRIAL OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES. FOR ONE YEAR from the date of purchase, Sanyo Manufacturing Corporation will replace any defective TV. To insure proper warranty exchange, keep the original sales receipt for evidence of purchase. Return the defective TV to the retailer along with the receipt and the included accessories, such as the remote control. The defective TV will be exchanged for the same model, or a replacement model of equal value, if necessary. Replacement model will be contingent on availability and at the sole discretion of Sanyo Manufacturing Corporation. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
DS13204 DS19204 DS25204
Model Nos. :
Color TV Owners Manual
Welcome to the World of Sanyo
Thank you for purchasing a Sanyo Color Television. You made an excellent choice for Performance, Styling, Reliability, and Value. This television is designed with easy to use on-screen set-up instructions and operating features. If you need assistance visit our Web site at www.sanyoctv.com or call toll free 1-800-877-5032.
* As an ENERGY STAR Partner, Sanyo Manufacturing Corporation has determined
For one year from the date of purchase, Sanyo Manufacturing Corporation warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions. Should replacement be necessary under this warranty for any reason due to manufacturing defect or malfunction during the first year from date of original purchase, Sanyo Manufacturing Corporation will provide a new TV via exchange at the retailer. For customer assistance, whether during or out of the warranty period, call toll free 1-800-877-5032. Weekdays 7:30 AM 7:00 PM Central Time Saturday 7:30 AM 4:00 PM Central Time This warranty expresses specific contractual rights; retail purchasers may have additional statutory rights which vary from state to state. (EFFECTIVE: August 1, 2002)
that this product meets the ENERGY STAR guidelines for energy efficiency.
*Model DS25204 only
POSITIONING THE TV
Do not position the TV in a confined area. Allow space for normal air circulation around electronic parts.
Sanyo is committed to making home entertainment safe and enjoyable. Always use an appropriate table or stand when positioning your TV. Use appropriate brackets, braces, or straps to anchor your furniture in place. But NEVER screw anything directly to the television. Do not place televisions on dressers, shelves, desks, carts, etc. where curious or excited children could pull, push, or otherwise cause the unit to fall and cause personal injury.
For your protection in the event of theft or loss of this product, please fill in the information requested below and KEEP IN A SAFE PLACE FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL RECORDS. Model No. ________________________________ Date of Purchase ____________________ Serial No. ________________________________ Purchase Price ______________________
(Located on back of unit)
Never place toys or other items on top of the TV that could pique childrens curiosity causing them to climb about the furniture. Always use stands that are designed to support the size and combined weight of your television and other electronic devices.
Where Purchased ____________________
Sanyo Manufacturing Corp. 3333 Sanyo Road, Forrest City, AR 72335
Printed in U.S.A. SMC, April 2004
Service Code : 7484
Part No.: 1JC6P1P0164A
PICTURE TUBE SIZE (Measured Diagonally) DS13204. 13-inches DS19204. 19-inches DS25204. 25-inches PICTURE RESOLUTION Antenna Input. 260 Lines Video Input. 350 Lines ANTENNA INPUT. UHF/VHF/CATV 75 POWER REQUIREMENT. 120VAC 60Hz POWER DS13204. 45 watts DS19204. 58 watts DS25204. 78 watts HORIZONTAL DIM. (Width) DS13204. 14.0 in. (356mm) DS19204. 19.2 in. (488mm) DS25204. 24.4 in. (619mm) VERTICAL DIM. (Height) DS13204. 12.9 in. (327mm) DS19204. 17.2 in. (438mm) DS25204. 22.4 in. (570mm) DEPTH DIM. (Thickness) DS13204. 14.6 in. (372mm) DS19204. 18.5 in. (470mm) DS25204. 20.4 in. (517mm) WEIGHT (Approx.) DS13204. 18.7 lbs. (8.5 Kg.) DS19204. 35.2 lbs. (16.0 Kg.) DS25204. 59.5 lbs. (27.0 Kg.) SOUND (1 Speaker). Size: 8 cm AMPLIFIER. Built-in with 1W/ch FRONT A/V INPUT JACKS. Video/Audio CAUTION: FCC Regulations state that unauthorized changes or modifications to this equipment may void the users authority to operate it.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT OPEN CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK). NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
THIS SYMBOL INDICATES THAT DANGEROUS VOLTAGE CONSTITUTING A RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK IS PRESENT WITHIN THIS UNIT. THIS SYMBOL INDICATES THAT THERE ARE IMPORTANT OPERATING AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE LITERATURE ACCOMPANYING THIS UNIT.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
CAUTION: PLEASE ADHERE TO ALL WARNINGS ON THE PRODUCT AND IN THE OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS. BEFORE OPERATING THE PRODUCT, PLEASE READ ALL OF THE SAFETY AND OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS. RETAIN THIS LITERATURE FOR REFERENCE. Follow all instructions.
Positioning the appliance
1. Do not place your appliance on an unstable cart, stand, shelf or table. Serious injury to an individual, and damage to the appliance, may result if it should fall. Your salesperson can recommend approved carts and stands or shelf and wall mounting instructions. An appliance and cart combination should be moved with care. Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may cause the appliance and cart combination to overturn. 2. Slots and openings in the cabinet and in the back or bottom are provided for ventilation. To ensure reliable operation of the appliance and to protect it from overheating, these openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings should never be covered with a cloth or other material, and the bottom openings should not be blocked by placing the unit on a bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surface. This appliance should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat register. This appliance should not be placed in a built-in installation such as a bookcase unless proper ventilation is provided. 3. Do not expose the appliance to rain or use near water. for example, near a bathtub, swimming pool, kitchen sink, in a wet basement, etc. taken to keep from touching such power lines or circuits as contact with them might be fatal.
Plug in the power cord
5. This product should be operated only from the type of power source indicated on the marking label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your product dealer or local power company. This product is equipped with a polarized alternating current line plug (a plug having one blade wider than the other). This plug will fit into the power outlet only one way. This is a safety feature. If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug should still fail to fit, contact your electrician to replace your obsolete outlet. Do not defeat the safety purpose of this polarized plug. Do not overload wall outlets, extension cords, or integral convenience receptacles as this can result in a risk of fire or electric shock. 6. Power-supply cords should be routed so that they are not likely to be walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against them, paying particular attention to cords at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the point where they exit from the product.
BASIC SETUP AND CONNECTIONS
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Install batteries in remote control (2 AAA, not included). Connect signal. (See illustration below.) Plug in AC power cord. Press the POWER key to turn on TV. Follow on-screen instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Spent or discharged batteries must be recycled or disposed of properly in compliance with all applicable laws. For detailed information, contact your local County Solid Waste Authority.
7. Before cleaning, unplug the unit from the wall outlet. Do not apply liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners directly to the unit. Use a dry cloth for cleaning.
Hooking Up Outdoor Antenna
LIGHTNING PROTECTION FOR YOUR ANTENNA AND SET AS PER NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE INSTRUCTIONS.
ANTENNA LEAD IN WIRE GROUND CLAMP ELECTRIC SERVICE EQUIPMENT GROUND CLAMPS POWER SERVICE GROUNDING ELECTRODE SYSTEM (NEC ART 250, PART H) ANTENNA DISCHARGE UNIT (NEC SECTION 810-20) GROUNDING CONDUCTORS (NEC SECTION 810-21)
Service & Repair
8. Unplug the appliance from the wall outlet and refer servicing to qualified service personnel under the following conditions: A. If the power cord or plug is damaged or frayed. B. If liquid has been spilled into the appliance. C. If the appliance has been exposed to rain or water. D. If the appliance has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged. E. If the appliance exhibits a distinct change in performance. F. If the appliance does not operate normally by following the operating instructions, adjust only those controls that are covered in the operating instructions. Improper adjustment of other controls may result in damage and will often require extensive work by a qualified technician to restore the appliance to normal operation. 9. Upon completion of any service or repair, request the service technicians assurance that only Factory Authorized Replacement Parts that have the same characteristics as the original parts were used, and that routine safety checks have been performed to determine that the appliance is in safe operating condition. Unauthorized substitutions may result in fire, electrical shock, or other hazards. 10. Never add accessories that have not been specifically designed for use with this appliance as they may cause hazards. 11. For added protection during a lightning storm, or when the set is left unattended and unused for long periods of time, unplug it from the wall outlet and disconnect the antenna. This will prevent damage to the set due to lightning or power line surges. 12. Never push objects of any kind into this product through openings as they may touch dangerous voltage points or short-out parts that could result in a fire or electric shock. Never spill liquid of any kind on the product.
CATV IN VIDEO OUT TO TV S-VIDEO VIDEO L- AUDIO -R L- AUDIO -R IN FROM SAT.
NEC - NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE
CATV FRANCHISE NOTE: Cable companies, like public utilities, are franchised by local government authorities. To receive cable programs, even with equipment which is capable of receiving cable channels, the consumer must subscribe to the cable companys service.
Note to CATV system installer: This reminder is provided to call the CATV system installers attention to Article 820-40 of the NEC that provides guidelines for proper grounding and, in particular, specifies that the cable ground shall be connected to the grounding system of the building, as close to the point of cable entry as practical.
OUT TO TV
Note: If you do not have a VCR, connect signal directly to TV 75 ohm jack.
EXAMPLE OF ANTENNA GROUNDING ACCORDING TO NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE, ANSI/NFPA 70 4. If an outside antenna is connected to the receiver, be sure the antenna system is grounded so as to provide some protection against voltage surges and built up static charges. Article 810 of the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70, provides information with respect to proper grounding of the mast and supporting structure, grounding of the lead in wire to an antenna discharge unit, size of grounding conductors, location of antenna discharge unit, connection to grounding electrodes, and requirements for the grounding electrode. An outside antenna system should not be located in the vicinity of overhead power lines or other electric light or power circuits, or where it can fall into such power lines or circuits. When installing an outside antenna system extreme care should be
ON-SCREEN MENU OPERATION
1. Press MENU. 2. Use the L /M keys to highlight a feature. 3. Use the /+ keys to choose an option. 4. Press MENU to exit. Items with submenus requires additional steps.
Auto Manual Cable > VHF/UHF >CH. Search + CH. Scan Memory +
REMOTE CONTROL OPERATION
Point towards TV
V-Guide Key(See V-Guide Operation.) Note: This feature is designed to comply with the United States of Americas FCC V-Chip regulations. Therefore, it may not function with broadcasts that originate in other countries. Use this feature to supervise the television viewing of young children. This TV can be set to automatically block programs with content you deem as inappropriate for your children to view.
>ENGL > FRAN
Use +, LM keys
Automatic Picture Adjustment
1. Highlight Auto for normal viewing or Game for video game settings. Note: When you choose Game, the picture and sound will auto adjust to ideal game settings.
CH VOL VOL
Manual Picture Adjustment
1. 2. 3. 4. Highlight Manual. Press MENU. Use the L / M keys to choose Color, Tint, Contrast, Bright, or Sharpness. Use the /+ keys to make adjustment.
Resetting the CableVHF/UHF Mode or Channel Search
These changes are required only if additional channels become available, such as switching from Antenna to Cable. 1. Highlight CH Search and press the + key.
Adding or Deleting Scan Memory Channels
Press MENU key. Highlight CH. Scan Memory. Press the + key. Enter the channel number you want to add or delete. Press the + key to change the present setting. Example: Added will change to Deleted. This takes about three seconds. During that time, the word Added or Deleted will become yellow. 6. Use the 0~9 or LM keys to choose other channels to delete or add, or press the MENU key to exit. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Input KeyPress to select the program source to watch: TV signal or signal from DVD Player or other equipment you have connected to the A/V jacks. Menu KeyUse this key with the L /M and /+ keys to navigate and adjust features of the on-screen menu system. Channel Scanning (CH L /M ) and Volume (VOL /+) KeysPress to scan through the channels in memory and to adjust the volume.
U s e L M , 0 ~ 9 , + ke y s
Reset KeyPress this key twice to restore factory settings. The TV will automatically start Channel Search and clear all customized settings. These features will automatically reset: Picture Adjustments:Color, Sharpness, Bright, Contrast, and Tint Channel Memory Caption to OFF V-Guide to OFF Language to English Sleep Timer Game/ Video mode to TV If desired, personal settings can be made again using the menu options. Power KeyPress to turn TV ON or OFF. Recall KeyPress to switch between the last two channels you selected. Display KeyPress once to display the channel number. Press twice to display the channel number continuously. Press again to remove the channel number.
OFF O N MPAA Ratings : X TV Ratings :
Setting MPAA Movie Rating
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Press V-GUIDE. Press the + key to switch V-Guide ON. Highlight MPAA Rating, if necessary. Press the + key to select a rating option. Press the MENU key to change rating (BU).
Mute KeyPress once to suppress the vol
Caption KeyCaptioning is text information transmitted along with the picture and sound so it can be displayed on the TV screen. 1. Press CAPTION. 2. Press 0 (zero) to select options: OFF, C1, C2, T1, T2, or QUIKCAP. Notes: Quikcap switches captions on and off with the Mute function. If a black box appears on the screen, press the RESET key twice.
Use +, LM keys MENU key to Block
ume. Press again to restore volume to previous level.
11 Number KeysPress two keys to select a
channel. Example: Press 0 then 6 to select channel 6. For cable channels 100 through 125, press and hold the 1 key until C1 appears. Then press the other two numbers.
Setting TV Ratings
6 Highlight TV Ratings. 7. Press the + key to select rating option. 8. Press the MENU key to change rating (BU).
OFF O N MPAA Ratings : TV Ratings : TVMA U
12 Sleep KeyPress this key then press the
0 key to set the Sleep Timer. The desired time can be set from 30 minutes up to 3 hours in 30-minute increments. Sleep Timer will switch off the TV automatically. Note: The Sleep Timer cancels when the TV is turned off or if a power failure occurs.
Setting Content-Based Rating
9. Select Contents. 10. Press the MENU key to display the Contents options: D, L, S, V, or FV. (D-Suggestive Dialog, L-Adult Language, S-Sexual Situation, V-Violence, FV-Fantasy Violence) 11. Highlight desired option: D, L, S, V, or FV. 12. Use the /+ keys to select rating. 13. Press the MENU key to change rating (BU). 14. Use the L / M keys to highlight another content rating. Repeat steps 11 through 13 to block or unblock rating. 15. Press the V-GUIDE key to exit.
OFF O N MPAA Ratings : TV Ratings : Contents
Press MENU key
IMPORTADOR: COMERCIALIZADORA MEXICO AMERICANA, S.DE R.L. DE C.V. AV. NEXTENGO No 78 COL. SANTA CRUZ ACAYUCAN DEL. AZCAPOTZALCO, MXICO D.F., C.P. 02770 RFC: CMA9109119L0 GUARANTEE
DESCRIPTION: Television BRAND: SANYO MODELS: DS13204 DS19204 DS25204
Turning Off the V-Guide
1. Press the V-GUIDE key. 2. Use the /+ keys to select OFF.
D L S V FV
: : : : :
THE APPARATUS THAT YOU HAVE ACQUIRED HAS A ONE YEAR GUARANTEE FOR MANUFACTURING DEFECTS AND A ONE YEAR SERVICE WARRANTY FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE GRANTED BY: COMERCIALIZADORA MEXICO-AMERICANA, S. DE R.L. DE C.V. UNDER THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
USING FRONT A/V JACKS
1. Connect a Video Game, Camcorder, or other external equipment to the TV as shown below. TV Press INPUT after making connections. Camcorder
POWER V IDE O IN A UDI O IN AUDIO
TO MAKE THE GUARANTEE EFFECTIVE, SIMPLY SHOW THIS POLICY FILLED OUT BY THE STORE OR SUPPLIER UNIT OR THIS SALES INVOICE, WITH THE APPARATUS IN ANY OF THE SERVICE CENTERS INDICATED ON THIS GUARANTEE. IF THE FAULT IS ATTRIBUTED TO A MANUFACTURING DEFECT, THE APPARATUS WILL BE REPLACED OR YOUR MONEY REFUNDED. DURING THE 30 DAYS SUBSEQUENT TO THE PURCHASE THE GUARANTEE WILL BE VALID AT THE STORE WERE THE APPARATUS WAS PURCHASED, PRESENTING THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS. REPAIR TIME WILL NEVER BE MORE THAN 30 DAYS. IF THIS TIME HAS ELAPSED, AND THE PRODUCT ISNT REPAIRED, COMERCIALIZADORA MEXICO AMERICANA, S. DE R.L. DE C.V. WILL PROCEED TO EFFECTUATE THE EXCHANGE FOR AN EQUIVALENT APPARATUS OR THE RETURN OF THE BUYING-SALE COST RESPECTIVELY. THIS GUARANTEE WILL COVER ITS TOTALITY OF PIECES, COMPONENTS AND SERVICE REPAIR OF PRODUCT, AND THE RESPECTIVE COST OF TRANSPORTATION.
COMPONENT VIDEO OUT
THIS GUARANTEE WILL BE NULL AND VOID IN THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES: * WHEN PRODUCT HAS BEEN USED IN A DIFFERENT CONDITION THAN ITS NORMAL USE. * WHEN PRODUCT HASNT BEEN OPERATING CORRECTLY ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS MANUAL. * WHEN PRODUCT HAS BEEN CHANGED OR REPAIRED BY PERSONS NOT AUTHORIZED FROM THE MANUFACTURER, IMPORTER, OR MERCHANT RESPONSIBLE RESPECTIVE. CENTRO DE SERVICIO Y LUGAR DONDE OBTENER PARTES, COMPONENTES, CONSUMIBLES Y ACCESORIOS: SUCURSAL VALLEJO Poniente 126 No 288 B Col. Nueva Vallejo Mxico, D.F. Tels. 5567-5378 5368-0105, 8589-8033 SUCURSAL MINERVA Silos No 135, Col. Minerva Deleg. Iztapalapa Mxico, D.F. 09810 Tels. 5646-4551 5646-4550 STAMP, DATE AND SIGNATURE OF STORE
What you will need:
AV Cable - 1
Notes: Switch off TV and external equipment before connecting cables. (Cables are not supplied with the TV.) One audio plug will not be used when connecting a stereo device. Just leave the red audio plug disconnected from both units. Only one device at a time can be connected to these jacks.
CARE AND CLEANING
1. Unplug the power cord before cleaning the television. 2. Clean the screen and cabinet with a soft dry cloth. Note: Never spray liquids on the screen because it can run down and drip onto the chassis. This may cause component failure not covered under Warranty.
DESCRIPTION: __________________BRAND: ________________MODEL: ____________ CLIENTS ____________________________________________________________________ ADDRESS: __________________________________________________________________ EXTERIOR NUMBER: ______________ INTERIOR NUMBER: ________________________
This symbol on the nameplate means the product is Listed by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. It is designed and manufactured to meet rigid U.L. safety standards against risk of fire, casualty and electrical hazards.
TD-8841T PRO HS CQC3303N Moto Z8 Velo 5 RM-V210 ZWD800T GR15vtcan Ii 48 LA32A350 Scenic C532DN Minitower PC U4-232H Precision 350 KX-TG2237 Plafond AJM180 Software Ericsson Yari VP-L610 Charger Compact 350 KDE-P37hv2 MD-R2 SM124 LT-26A61SU 114-30 KLV-V40a10 Outlander EB-X6E ADL 448 ENH908-NWY CD3210 CPI 1550 KVT-829DVD Sony W230 Arctic 25R 3DC-1000 LAC6710 Orange Stanton C314 Digital 500 VGN-FZ21S DVD-R100LB XD1270 JBL MR26 GX-4000D 2 X M1940A-RZ MS9307C LSC27950ST MX45-T-053-UK Travelmate 2420 LAC-M1501 Mccaw 3D W1 1600 TSS Zoom Q3V2 EA1000 DC C840 957DF LA22C450 AVH-P4100DVD Scakx50EB ZWR165 K550IM SCX-4725F Freestanding Power SK50 16 USB Amusement Park 4340Z Smartphone DX4330 PC-200mkii DSC-S85 Siemens SX66 FW870C E-100RS GR 213U XC-P410M CDE-103BT X4950 T-levo N21 MK-100 LE32A330j1 LX-810 SBV3000 FL-20 EB1501 RX-V765 JBL L200 RM4230 50PC3D WGT624 FC250SW Automatic-2005 UH125 HDR-XR200V