Here you can find all about Benq FP931 like monitor and other informations. For example: specs, driver.
Benq FP931 manual (user guide) is ready to download for free.
On the bottom of page users can write a review. If you own a Benq FP931 please write about it to help other people. [ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Benq FP931 photo ]
Benq FP931, size: 5.4 MB
User reviews and opinions
|TerryGrey||12:24pm on Monday, October 18th, 2010|
|No dead pixels. Great calibrator program. Crystal picture. Price is sweet. I love this thing! This Monitor is just Awesome..NO Dead Pixels!Perfect Clarity and just A great size for what I do..May pick up a second one...WOW!!|
|courtney||11:28am on Sunday, August 29th, 2010|
|Just ordered my second to run a larger monitor for my laptop. Excellent colors, no dead pixels, and the color scheme matches my Dell 9100 perfectly. i want a second one.|
|dana||10:11pm on Sunday, August 8th, 2010|
|Good value for money, but.... This monitor is excellent value for money, so please keep my criticism in context. Good value for money, but.... This monitor is excellent value for money, so please keep my criticism in context. Great Product - exactly what I wanted I dont think it can be beaten for value at the moment. Easy to set up and use with a very good sharp image.|
|mmayer||3:11pm on Tuesday, June 15th, 2010|
|Great Product - exactly what I wanted I dont think it can be beaten for value at the moment. Easy to set up and use with a very good sharp image.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
FP931 LCD Color Monitor 19.0" (48.26 cm) LCD Panel Size Users Manual
Copyright 2004 by BenQ Corporation. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, transmitted, transcribed, stored in a retrieval system or translated into any language or computer language, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, magnetic, optical, chemical, manual or otherwise, without the prior written permission of BenQ Corporation.
BenQ Corporation makes no representations or warranties, either expressed or implied, with respect to the contents hereof and specifically disclaims any warranties, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. Further, BenQ Corporation reserves the right to revise this publication and to make changes from time to time in the contents hereof without obligation of BenQ Corporation to notify any person of such revision or changes.
Please follow these safety instructions for best performance, and long life for your monitor iii Power Safety
The AC plug isolates this equipment from the AC supply. The power supply cord serves as a power disconnect device for pluggable equipment. The socket outlet should be installed near the equipment and be easily accessible. This product should be operated from the type of power indicated on the marked label. If you are not sure of the type of power available, consult your dealer or local power company.
iv Care And Cleaning
Cleaning. Always unplug your monitor from the wall outlet before cleaning. Clean the LCD monitor surface with a lint-free, non-abrasive cloth. Avoid using any liquid, aerosol or glass cleaners. Slots and openings on the back or top of the cabinet are for ventilation. They must not be blocked or covered. Your monitor should never be placed near or over a radiator or heat source, or in a built-in installation unless proper ventilation is provided. Never push objects or spill liquid of any kind into this product.
Do not attempt to service this product yourself, as opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks. If any of the above mentioned misuse or other accident such as dropping or mishandling occurs, contact qualified service personnel for servicing.
i Table of contents
Getting started.....5 Getting to know your Monitor....6 Front View.....6 Back View (1).....6 Back View (2): Locations of plugs & sockets...7 How to install your monitor hardware....8 How to install your monitors software....10 Choosing the best picture resolution...37 How to choose the right Refresh Rate....39 How to set the Picture Optimization...41 How to adjust your Monitor....42 A Look at the Control Panel...42 Hot Key Mode.....42 Main Menu Mode....43 Troubleshooting....50 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)....50 Need More Help?.....51 Supported operating modes....52 Specifications.....53
Table of contents
1 Getting started
When unpacking please check you have the following items. If they are missing or are damaged, please immediately contact the dealer at which you purchased the goods. BenQ LCD Monitor
Quick Start Guide
P / N : 5 3.L 9
Signal cable: D-Sub
Signal cable: DVI-D (optional)
2 Getting to know your Monitor
Back View (1)
Getting to know your Monitor
Back View (2): Locations of plugs & sockets
1. Power AC input jack 3. D-Sub connector
2. DVI-D connector (optional)
3 How to install your monitor hardware
Make sure that the computer and monitor's power are both turned off. Please follow these seven steps to install your LCD monitor. 1. Connect D-Sub cable to the LCD monitor.
2. Connect DVI-D cable to your LCD monitor. (optional)
3. Connect the power cord to your LCD monitor.
How to install your monitor hardware
4. Connect the other end of signal cable to the signal connector of your computer.
5. Connect power cord to an AC power socket.
4 How to install your monitors software
You need to set up the correct monitor driver to suit your operating system. To set up Windows 95, start on this page. Windows 98, turn to page 15. Windows 2000, turn to page 20. Windows ME turn to page 27. Windows XP turn to page 33. Windows 95. The first time you start Windows with a new monitor, the system will detect it and automatically install the driver for plug and play displays. To install the current driver from CD, proceed as follows: 1. Insert BenQ LCD Monitor CD-ROM into your CD-ROM Driver. 2. Click Start then Settings.
How to install your monitors software
3. Double click the Display icon in the Control Panel.
4. From the Display properties window, select the Settings tab. Click the Advanced. button in the bottom right corner.
5. Select the Monitor tab. Click the Change button in the top right corner.
6. Now click the Have Disk button in the bottom right corner. Another window appears. Select the Browse button.
7. Insert the supplied CD into your computer. Select the CD-drive from the drop-down menu. 8. In the field above the drive selection, change to the Drivers folder. The current driver files are located there. Press OK and the window closes.
9. By pressing OK again in the next window you will be given a list of compatible devices. Select FP931 from the list and press OK again.
10. Now you are back to Advanced Display Properties. Close this window by clicking OK and confirm the following messages with Yes. Click OK and Yes again. The installation is now completed. You can close Display Properties.
Windows 98. To manually install or update the driver, perform the following steps: 1. Open the control panel and double-click Display icon.
2. From the Display Properties window, select the Settings tab. Click the Advanced. button in the bottom right corner.
3. Select the Monitor tab. Click the Change button in the top right corner.
4. The Update Device Driver Wizard opens. Confirm by clicking Next.
5. Select Display a list of all drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want. and press Next.
7. Insert the supplied CD into your computer. Select the CD-drive from the drop-down menu.
8. By pressing OK again in the next window you will be given a list of compatible devices. Select FP931 from the list and press Next again.
9. An Insert Disk dialogue box appears. Click OK, and then click Skip File.
10. Close Update Device Driver Wizard by clicking Finish to complete the installation.
Windows 2000. The first time you start Windows with a new monitor, the system will detect it and automatically start the Add New Hardware Wizard. Carry out the instructions beginning at step 4. 1. Insert BenQ LCD Monitor CD-ROM into your CD-ROM Driver. 2. Click Start then Settings.
3. Open the Control Panel and double click on the Display icon.
4. From the Display Properties window, select the Settings tab. Click the Advanced Properties button in the bottom right corner.
5. Select Monitor then click Properties.
6. Select Driver tab then click Update Driver.
7. The Upgrade Device Driver Wizard will pop up. Then click Next.
8. Select Display a list of the known drivers for this device so that I can choose a specific driver then click Next.
9. In the next window, click Have Disk, then Install From Disk window will pop up. Click Browse, the Located File will pop up.
10. Scroll down and select your CD ROM Driver, then click Next.
11. In the list of folders within the CD-ROM, select Drivers folder then click Open twice, then click OK. Select your LCD Mode (FP931) from the list in the next window then click Next twice.
12. The new drivers are now installed on your computer.
Windows ME. To manually install or update the driver, perform the following steps: 1. Click Start, Settings, Control Panel and then double-click Display. 2. In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab and click Advanced. 3. Click the Monitor tab and then click Change.
4. Update Device Driver Wizard dialogue box appears. Choose Specify the location of the driver (Advanced) and then click Next.
5. Choose Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want and click Next.
6. Choose Monitor from the list and then click Next.
7. Choose Display a list of all the drivers in a specific location, so you can select the driver you want.
8. Click Have disk and then click Browse.
9. Insert BenQ LCD Monitors CD into your CD-ROM and type d:\ (change the driver letter to match your CD-ROM driver if it is not drive D). Enter Drivers folder to select the model from the list left. Click OK.
10. Click OK on the Install From Disk window. The dialogue box Update Device Driver Wizard appears. Choose the model from the list, then click Next.
11. Click Next.
12. Click Finish to complete the installation.
Windows XP. 1. Right click mouse on the desktop and choose Properties. Select Settings tab and click the Advanced button. A small window will pop up. Select the Monitor tab in the new window and then click Properties.
2. Select Driver tab and then click Update Driver
3. The Hardware Update Wizard will pop up. Then click Next.
4. Select Dont search. I will choose the driver to install and then click Next.
5. In the next window, click Have Disk, an Install From Disk window will pop up. Click Browse. The Locate File window will pop up.
6. Select your driver and then click Next.
7. The new drivers are now installed to your computer. Click Finish to exit installation.
5 Choosing the best picture resolution
Due to the nature of LCD display technology, the picture resolution is always fixed. The best picture possible for your FP931 is achieved with a resolution of 1280x1024. This is called Native Resolution or maximal resolution - that is, the clearest picture. Lower resolutions are displayed on a full screen through an interpolation circuit. However flaws do occur with the interpolated resolution. So if you want to have all the advantages of LCD technology you must use the native resolution. If you are using Windows 95/98/2000/ME or XP you can change the picture resolution as follows: 1. Double-click the Display icon in the Control Panel.
2. From the Display Properties window, select the Settings tab. You can alter the resolution by using the slider on the right-hand side.
Choosing the best picture resolution
3. Select a resolution of 1280x1024. Then click Apply.
4. In the subsequent windows, press OK and Yes
5. You can now close Display Properties.
6 How to choose the right Refresh Rate
You don't have to choose the highest possible refresh rate on an LCD display, because it is not technically possible for an LCD display to flicker. The best results are obtained by using the factory modes already set in your computer. There is a table with the factory modes in this users guide. Youc an choose 60, 70 and 75 Hertz, (but not 72Hz) for the native resolution of 1280x1024. In Windows 95/98/2000/ME/XP you can change the refresh rate as follows: 1. Double click the Display icon in the Control Panel.
How to choose the right Refresh Rate
3. Select the Adapter tab. The refresh rate selection field is located in the center at the bottom of the window.
4. Choose a refresh rate from the table with the factory modes, which can be found in the users guide, and select this in the settings field. 5. In the subsequent windows press Change, OK and Yes.
6. You can now close Display Properties.
7 How to set the Picture Optimization
The easiest way to obtain an optimal display is to use the ikey function. Press the ikey on the control panel and the monitor will adjust automatically. If you are still not satisfied with the result, you can still adjust the image manually. 1. Run the test program auto.exe from CD-ROM; this is the best way to observe possible changes. You can also use any other image, such as the desktop of your operating system. However, we recommend that you use auto.exe. As you run auto.exe, a test pattern emerges. 2. Press Enter on control panel to access OSD. 3. If there is vertical noise observed, press ! or " key to select Geometry and press Enter key. Then press ! or " key to select Pixel Clock and also press Enter key again. Now, press ! or
" key to adjust the monitor untill the noise disappears.
4. If there is horizontal noise observed, press ! or " key to select Geometry and press Enter key. Then press ! or " key to select Phase and also press Enter key again. Now, press ! or " to adjust the monitor untill the noise disappears. To make sure the iKey function performs well, you have to use one of the supported modes. If the iKey does not work properly and the NON PRESET MODE message is on the OSD, it means you are not using one of the supported modes. Please set your computer to use one of the supported modes. You will find a list of supported modes in this manual.
How to set the Picture Optimization
8 How to adjust your Monitor
A Look at the Control Panel
There are 6 keys for users control including iKey, Exit, Enter, < and > key and a power swith. The following descriptions are the introduction of these keys & switch. 1. Power: Turn the power on or off. 2. iKey : Adjust vertical position, phase, horizontal position and pixel clock automatically. 3. Exit key: Back to previous menu or exit OSD. 4. Enter key: Activate OSD, enter sub menu, select items, confirm selection and hot key for OSD Lock. 5. 6.
! (Left) key: For Left/Decrease adjustment. Left key is the hot key for Brightness and Contrast. " (Right) key: For Right/Increase adjustment. Right key is the hot key for Brightness Level.
Hot Key Mode
Brightness and Contrast hot key Press " to enter Brightness menu, press ! or " key to adjust the degree of brightness and press Exit to exit OSD.
Press ! to enter Contrast menu, press ! or " key to adjust the degree of Contrast and press Exit to exit OSD.
How to adjust your Monitor
Main Menu Mode
Control Functions Available in Main Menu Main Menu
Luminance sub menu
Press ! or " key to adjust the degree of Brightness, press Exit to return to the previous menu.
Press ! or " key to adjust the degree of Contrast, press Exit to return to the previous menu.
Geometry sub menu
Press ! or " key to adjust the Horizontal Position, press Exit to return to previous menu.
Press ! or " key to adjust the Vertical Position, press Exit key to return to previous menu.
Press ! or " key to adjust the value of the Pixel Clock, press Exit to return to previous menu.
Press ! or " key to adjust the degree of Phase, press Exit to return to previous menu.
Color sub menu
User Preset: User may set the color balance of Red, Green and Blue.
OSD sub menu
Press or key to adjust the Horizontal Position of the OSD, press Exit to return to previous menu.
Press or key to adjust the Vertical Position of the OSD, press Exit to return to previous menu.
Press or key to adjust the display time of the OSD, press Exit to return to previous menu.
Languages Sub menu
Recall sub menu
Press ! or " key to confirm Position Recall, press Enter to recall position settings, or press Exit to return to previous menu.
Press ! or " key to confirm Color Recall, press Enter to recall color settings, or press Exit to return to previous menu.
Press ! or " key to confirm Recall All, press Enter key to recall position and color settings, or press Exit key to return to previous menu.
Miscellaneous sub menu
Input Select: Selects either D-sub (analog) or DVI (digital) inputs.
Sharpness: Press ! or " key to adjust the degree of Sharpness.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The image is blurred: Read the Installation/Application section, and then select the correct resolution, refresh rate and make adjustments based on these instructions. How do you use a VGA extension cable? Remove the extension cable for the test. Is the image now in focus? If not, optimize the image by working through the instructions in the Installation/Adjustment section It is normal for blurring to occur due to conduction losses in extension cables. You can minimize these losses by using an extension cable with better conduction quality or with a built-in booster. Does the blurring only occur at resolutions lower than the native (maximum) resolution? Read the Installation/Adjustment section. Select the native resolution. Pixel errors can be seen: One of several pixels is permanently black, one or more pixels are permanently white, one or more pixels are permanently red, green, blue or another color. Read the Pixel error rates section. The image has a faulty coloration: It has a yellow, blue or pink appearance. On the monitor, press Enter key and press ! or " key to move to the Recall icon and press Enter key to enter Recall sub menu. Press ! or " key to select Color Recall and select Yes in Color Recall sub menu, then press Enter key to recall to factory settings. If the image is still not correct and the OSD also has faulty coloration, this means one of the three primary colors is missing in the signal input. Now check the signal cable connectors. If any pin is bent or broken off, please contact your dealer to get necessary support. No image can be seen: Is the prompt on the display illuminated in green? If the LED is illuminated in green and there is a message Out of Range on the screen, this means you are using a display mode that this monitor does not support, please change the setting to one of the supported mode. Please read Supported operating modes section. Is the prompt on the display illuminated in orange?
If the LED is illuminated in orange, the power management mode is active. Press any button on the computer keyboard or move the mouse. If that does not help, check the signal cable connectors. If any pin is bent or broken off, please contact your dealer to get necessary support. Is the prompt on the display not illuminated at all? Check the power supply mains socket, the external power supply and the mains switch. The image is distorted, flashes or flickers: Read the Installation//section and then select the correct resolution, refresh rate and make adjustments based on these instructions. The image is displaced in one direction: Read the Installation//section and then select the correct resolution, refresh rate and make adjustments based on these instructions.
Need More Help?
If your problems remain after checking this manual, please contact your place of purchase or e-mail us at: Support@BenQ.com
10 Supported operating modes
Incoming display mode (Input timing) Horizontal Vertical Pixel Frequency (KHz) Frequency (Hz) Frequency (MHz) 31.47(P) 70.08(N) 25.17 31.47(N) 70.08(P) 28.32 31.47(N) 60.00(N) 25.18 37.86(N) 72.80(N) 31.50 37.50(N) 75.00(N) 31.50 35.16(P) 56.25(P) 36.00 37.88(P) 60.32(P) 40.00 48.08(P) 72.19(P) 50.00 46.87(P) 75.00(P) 49.50 48.36(N) 60.00(N) 65.00 56.48(N) 70.10(N) 75.00 60.02(P) 75.00(P) 78.75 67.50(P) 75.00(P) 108.00 68.68(N) 75.06(N) 100.00 61.80(N) 71.81(N) 64.00(P) 75.83(N) 80.00(P) 81.18(N) 66.00(N) 76.14(N) 60.00(P) 71.53(N) 75.00(P) 76.16(N) 94.50 108.00 108.00 128.00 135.00 135.09
Resolution 640x350 720x400 640x480 640x480 640x480 800x600 800x600 800x600 800x600 1024x768 1024x768 1024x768 1152x864 1152x870 1152x900 1152x900 1280x1024 1280x1024 1280x1024 1280x1024
Comment DOS DOS DOS VESA VESA VESA VESA VESA VESA VESA VESA VESA VESA Macintosh SUN 66 SUN VESA IBMI VESA SPARC2
Modes not listed in the table may not be supported. For an optimal picture, we recommended you choose a mode listed in the table above. There are 22 available modes that are compatible with Windows. Image disruption may occur as a result of signal frequency differences from VGA cards which do not correspond with the usual standard. This is not, however, an error. You may improve this situation by altering an automatic setting or by manually changing the phase setting and the pixel frequency from the Geometry menu. If you switch off the monitor, interference lines can occur on your screen. But do not be concerned about this, as it is normal. To extend the service life of the product, we recommend that you use your computer's power management function.
LCD-IFC130-intuiva ST1000 Peekbox 300 Extensa 355 Audioline 30 Driver Pack SW RM-P31D Parts EX5-5R-7 GF7050VT-m5 L52600 KDC-5027 Quickpump Metadec2 FC9071 GTP-400 LTV-19W6 CT-L77 Casio 4777 Minox GT-E Printer Bissell 1672 Switcher Deskjet F350 AFG 7080 T25062 Optio V20 RP2000 VDR-D310EG 603 Plus GT-C6620 R-254M Potato Blueberry RMT-V128 DN-X800 Siemens Vibe NW-A1200 RR-US361 RDC-7 1 Barcelona MP35 Nokia 1110 Series VGN-T2xp-S R 53SV Radeon 9600 GT-I8510 8 TD-8KV 6000 WX 4X4-2007 AK77600GN PDK-5013 Vixia HF10 -V M3902 SE4451S T240HD BD-HD100 SL-75KAV VL125E MW86N-SX DES-2108 KDL-46EX710 2 5 PT-DW6300 Inspiron 1501 Tomtom 720T WD-14482TP Tactics Photosmart 8150 IDP-562 NV-DS15EG 110 SE TA-180 Yamaha SY77 WPN824 DSC-W80 1000 2 PCV-230 STF 72 PB836GX Specs Dimage Z1 Confidence 7469 QW1460HT VGN-TX3xp-B DPH-300S DMF-5020 161SPF DSC-FX77 VP-L907 WB14B7 DES-5200 Crown-victoria-2005 VL-1000 TX-21AP2P QR2210W 1824C-BB Stacktraxx GR-S592GC Ftdx-9000
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101