Cowon Iaudio U5
Protect your Cowon iAudio U5 Series from liquid damage with our Silicone Skin Case. Washable, Feels Great, no more oily finger prints!
Part Number: COW-IAU-U5-SILI-SMK
UPC: 0845793002981, 845793002981
Here you can find all about Cowon Iaudio U5, for example price and . You can also write a review. [ Report abuse or wrong photo | Share your Cowon Iaudio U5 photo ]
Cowon Iaudio U5 - Version 1.3 Mp3 Player, size: 132 KB
Cowon Iaudio U5
Review Cowon iAudio U5 by generationmp3.com
User reviews and opinions
|madhuraj||10:46pm on Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010|
|I was looking for a replacement MP3 player for my Dell mp3 player which was getting on in its life. Might have been better battery life if it was fully charged and drained? Not sure about this. Had this for a few days, and it works perfectly.|
|peterdow||2:08pm on Monday, June 28th, 2010|
|The quality is good. It works great! The LED power indicator is red and rather bright.|
|davisnewman||10:57am on Tuesday, April 27th, 2010|
|Impressive. Although it looks and feels plastic and not nicely built, the sound is powerful yet compact. Very ligth and handy. Long bettery life. iAudio did it again!! exelent sound bits ipod 10000000 times if u care about the sound not desine get it + its extra cheep|
|thorstek||5:41am on Saturday, April 10th, 2010|
|I have historically been an iAudio fan but the U5 is quite the disappointment. From the cheap build, to the excessive lock ups. i knew i wanted a flash-based, non-touch, drag/drop player. this one is superb! the best part for me is that this is a MUSIC player.|
|ngdias||5:24pm on Thursday, April 1st, 2010|
|For sure it is a good protector for my Ipod. The protecting cover makes the Ipod bulky. Very useful. The adapter works fine. Great buy considering the price tag.|
|tpd1001||12:07am on Thursday, March 25th, 2010|
|The charger works as advertised. Price was nice. Very light weight straight to the point product.|
Comments posted on www.ps2netdrivers.net are solely the views and opinions of the people posting them and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of us.
5 December 2007
By: Roxana Deduleasa, Gadget News Editor
Finally! Cowon iAudio U5 PMP Hits The Market!
The PMP is expected in France these days
It's been a while since Cowon introduced its iAudio U5 media player at IFA 2007. Today, the good news is that the U5 PMP is finally going to be available on the market in a couple of days. However, no one really knows why they're doing it in limited edition.Anyway, the U5 media player features a simpler and somehow improved design line compared to the former iAudio 7 PMP. It reveals a not-that-generous 1.8-inch TFT LCD screen display with a 128 x 160 pixel resolution and uses a built-in equalizer to customize the music files it decodes. The PMP's tech spec list mentions an extra FM tuner/recorder and a voice recorder. Too bad the Cowon item can only deal with a few popular file formats, such as MP3, WMA (DRM), PlayForSure and WAV. U5 comes flavored with various capacities of 2GB, 4GB and 8GB and can easily double as a mass storage device through an USB connection. All in all, the device is nothing to die for, therefore they shouldn't have waited that long to sell it, especially with so many features the PMP makers are mixing these days. For easier file transfer, the PMP uses USB 2.0/MTP. Convenient size is must for gadgets, but I guess 85.2 x 41.1 x 9.6 mm and a mere 38 grams weight should be just fine for a PMP of its kind.As generationmp3.com reports, the Cowon U5 PMP is expected to be released in France with a starting price of about 130 euros for the 2GB version and 160 euros for the 8GB one. This means we're talking about a relatively affordable DAP from Cowon. We are just a few, but there are many of you, Softpedia users, out there. That's why we thought it would be a good idea to create an email address for you to help us a little in finding gadgets we missed. Interesting links are bound to be posted with recognition going mainly to those who submit. The address is.
Cowon U5 PMP generationmp3
Page 1 Copyright (c) 2001-2011 Softpedia. All rights reserved. Softpedia and Softpedia logo are registered trademarks of SoftNews NET SRL.
ver. 1.1 EN
Thanks for purchasing COWON.
We always strive for your complete satisfaction of our product. This manual contains user guide, cautions and other useful information about your COWON player. Please read this manual thoroughly before using, to take full advantage of features in your COWON player.
COWON is a registered trademark of COWON SYSTEMS, INC. This product is intended for personal use only and may not be used for any commercial purpose without the written consent of COWN SYSTEMS, INC. Information in this document is copyrighted by COWON SYSTEMS, INC. and no part of this manual may be reproduced or distributed without the written permission of COWON SYSTEMS, INC. The software described in this document including COWON MediaCenter - JetAudio and JetAudio are copyrighted by COWON SYSTEMS, INC. COWON MediaCenter - JetAudio and JetAudio may only be used in accordance with the terms of license agreement and cannot be used for any other purposes. The media conversion feature in COWON MediaCenter - JetAudio and JetAudio may only be used for personal use only. Use of this feature for any other purposes may be considered a violation of the international copyright law. COWON SYSTEMS, INC. complies with the laws and regulations related to records, videos and games. Complying with all other laws and regulations regarding consumer use of such media is the responsibility of the users. Information in this manual including contents of product features and specifications is subject to change without notice as updates may be made. This product has been produced under the license of BBE Sound, Inc. (USP4638258, 5510752 and 5736897). BBE and the BBE symbol are the registered trademarks of BBE Sound, Inc.
On-line registration and support
Users are strongly encouraged to complete customer registration at http://www.COWON.com. After filling out our customer registration form using the CD-Key and serial numbers, you can receive various benefits offered only to official members. 1:1 online support, news updates for new products or special events, and other services are available for our registered customers. Each CD-key is unique and will not be re-issued in case of loss. Further information regarding the product can be found on the web: http://www.COWON.com Users will be able to find the latest information for other COWON products and download the latest updates for firmware and software. Frequently Asked Questions and Answers can be found on the website.
All rights reserved by COWON SYSTEMS, Inc. 2007
Table of Contents
1)Introducing iAUDIO U5. 1. iAUDIO U5 at a Glance 2. Package Contents 3. Features and Specifications 4. Identifying the Parts 5. TFT LCD Display 6. Charging iAUDIO U5 7. Windows 98 Driver Setup 8. Connecting to PC and Transferring Files 2)Using iAUDIO U5 1. Quick Start Guide 2. Basic Controls 3)Using Advanced Features 1.Playing Audio Files 2.Using FM Radio 3.Recording Using Built-In Microphone
4)Using Advanced Settings 1. Settings Menu List 2. Menu Screen 3. JetEffect 4. Play Mode 5. Display 6. Timer 7. General 8. Recording 9. FM Radio 10. System 11. Information 5)Additional Information 1. Firmware Upgrade 2. Resetting the Player to Factory Default Settings
Do not use this product for any purpose other than described in this document. Use caution opening the contents of the package to avoid injuries. Do not use earphones while riding a bike, driving a car, walking, or exercising. It may disturb your concentration and lead to an accident. Avoid any exposure to extreme moisture. Damage from moisture constitutes users negligence and will not be covered by manufacturers warranty. Disassembling or modifying the device will void any warranty. Make sure the USB connection is made correctly to avoid any damage to the device or the PC. Avoid extreme bending or pressuring the connection. Avoid any excessive force or impact. If there is an unusual odor such as burning smell or excessive heating during use, stop using the device immediately and contact us through www.COWON.com Do not use the player with wet hands as it may cause damage and malfunctions. Listening at high volume (over 85dB) for extended period of time is highly discouraged, as it may cause hearing problems. Use your player in well-lit places. Watching LCD screen in dark for extended period of time may increase eye strains and may cause sight problems. Avoid using the player at a location where static electricity is frequent Before any repair service, you should back up all data from the player. COWON SYSTEMS, INC. shall not be liable for any loss of data or files during the repair. Only use the AC adapter and USB cable provided by COWON SYSTEMS, INC. During lightning or thunderstorms, disconnect the player from the PC or AC adapter to avoid a risk of power surge or fire hazard. Store the player away from direct sunlight, excessive heat, fire and extreme cold environments. Excessive temperature can damage the exterior, interior circuits or the display. When using the player as a portable storage device, important data should be backed up as frequently possible. COWON SYSTEMS, INC. shall not be responsible for any unexpected data loss. Price of the player may fluctuate depending on the market condition, COWON SYSTEMS, INC. shall not compensate for any loss caused by price fluctuation.
Introducing iAUDIO U5
1. iAUDIO U5 at a Glance
iAUDIO U5 is a unique multimedia player developed and manufactured by COWON SYSTEMS, Inc. It is a portable ultracompact digital audio device that plays audio files such as MP3. iAUDIO U5 also offers FM radio listening/recording, and voice recording through a built-in microphone. Highly portable, stylish and super-slim design with a neck strap iAUDIO U5s ultra-slim size of 85.2 x 41.1 x 9.6 mm(earphone module excluded) provides portability and convenience. 24 hours of continuous playback with the embedded lithium polymer battery The ultra power-saving circuit of iAUDIO U5 enables up to 24 hours of continuous playback with a fully charged battery.(Based on company test results.) Powerful sound output of 64mW When used with earphones of 16 ohm impedance, the maximum total sound output can reach up to 64mW for two channels ( 32mW +32mW) producing powerful and yet smooth sound qualities Voice recording Voice recording is available using the built-in microphone. This feature is particularly convenient for recording meetings or lectures. Listening/recording of FM broadcasts You can listen to FM radio broadcasts and record them at the same time. You can also save Preset channels for easy selection of your favorite FM radio stations. Wide and vivid color TFT LCD display With 1.8 inch and 65,000 color TFT LCD (Organic Light Emitting Diode), you can conveniently check the operational status of iAUDIO U5. It also supports multiple languages with display capability for over 40,000 different letters with embedded international fonts.
Worlds most powerful sound effects iAUDIO U5 provides the most unique, powerful and high quality sound, which is recognized worldwide. You can take advantage of the following sound effects to suit your favorite music: BBE: Sound effects that provide the clearest music. Mach3Bass: A bass booster that enhances super low-end bass. MP Enhance: Sound effects that compensate for missing sound segments in MP3s. 3D Surround: Three-dimensional surround sound effect. Easily upgradeable firmware We may occasionally release firmware upgrades to incorporate improvements to the device and suggestions that users provide to us. You can easily upgrade your iAUDIO U5 with the firmware download feature. Convenient features for learning language iAUDIO U5 provides useful features such as section repeat, section search, bookmarks and playback speed controls. These convenient features are ideal for learning language Timer function U5 also offers convenience of internal timer function with alarm and timed recording. Portable storage device iAUDIO U5 is immediately recognized by a PC as a removable drive as soon as it is connected to a PC through a USB cable. No software installation is required to use it as a storage device. COWON MediaCenter - JetAudio software World famous integrated multimedia playback software, COWON MediaCenter - JetAudio is included in your package.
2. Package contents
Quick Guide, Install CD(with Serial Number)
iAUDIO U5 USB Cable AC Adapter (optional)
- Charge product with the USB connection jack and cable. - The images of the package components are for your reference only and may differ from the actual item.
iAUDIO U5 iAUDIO U5
3. Features and specification
Supports Microsoft PlaysForSure, MTP(Media Transfer Protocol) MP3, WMA, WAV FM Radio/Voice recording Built-In Flash Memory 2G, 4GB, 8GB High-Speed USB 2.0 Interface 1.8 inch TFT LCD display with 128x160 resolution and 65K colors. Long Contiunous Playback Time: Up to 24hours (Based on company test result. Play time may be shortened if TFT LCD is used often.) Multilanguage support Enhanced music file browser Play/Pause during Playback, Record/Pause during Recording Next Track/Previous Track, Fast Forward/Fast Rewind, Infinite Loop Resume, Fade In, Auto Play feature support Search Speed, Skip Speed Setting Digital Volume Control :40 levels Various EQ and Sound Effects (JetEffect) - User adjustable 5-band EQ - Normal, Rock, Pop, Metal, Jazz, Classic, Vocal, User - BBE, Mach3Bass, MP Enhance, 3D Surround, Pan, EQ Filter Support Clock, Alarm, Scheduled Recording, Sleep Timer, Auto Power -Off Auto display off feature to save battery power and screen burnout Easy firmware download and upgrade Title Display with ID3Tag or File Name Support M3U Display Product Info (Firmware version, Total capacity, Total usage) USB Data Transfer Support for MAC OS (9.X, 10.X) and Linux (v2.2 and higher)
Software - Cowon MediaCenter(JetAudio) Powerful multimedia software with audio/video conversion & strong device management feature.
Supported File Formats MP3 : MPEG 1/2/2.5 Layer 3, ~320kbps, ~48khz, mono/stereo WMA : ~256kbps, ~48khz, mono/stereo WAV : ~48khz, 16bit, mono/stereo
Memory USB Interface File Transfer Rate Power Supply Charging Time Buttons Display SNR Output Frequency Output Dimension Weight
- Genuine COWON AC adapter is sold separately and works for both 110V and 220V. - For your safety, use only the adapter supplied by the manufacturer.
7. Windows 98 Driver Setup
When using Windows 98 or 98 SE, you need to install hardware driver for the PC to recognize the player. Windows 2000 and later versions automatically recognize the player. Installing the driver 1. Connect the player to your PC using the supplied USB cable
4.Click Specify a location and click Browse button.
2. Add New Hardware Wizard will appear as shown. Click Next.
5.Select Win98 folder in the installation CD and then click Next button. Drivers are also available for download from www.COWON.com.
3. Click Search for the best driver for your device (Recommended), and then click Next
6. Once the drivers are recognized, click Next.
7. Continue to click Next
8. Connecting to PC and Transferring Files
8.Click the Finish button to complete the driver installation. The newly added drive can be seen in Device Manager or Explorer.
1.Connect the player to a PC using the supplied USB cable.
2.When connected, the screen will show the following screen.
4.Launch Windows File Explorer or JetAudio. 5.You can copy any files including MP 3files to and from iAUDIO Drive 6. To disconnect the player from the PC, first make sure that file transfers are complete and then, single-click on icon on the windows tray. 7.Click on the following pop-up message when it appears 8.When Safely Remove Hardware message appears, and the TFT LCD displays a battery you may disconnect the USB cable.
- The iAUDIO U5 can recognize up to 500 folders and 2000 files.- If iAUDIO drive does not appear in either My Computer or Windows Explorer, check the connection and settings, and then re-connect (Separate driver installation is required for Windows 98). - If the USB cable is connected after running Safely Remove Hardware wizard from the steps listed above, the player stays in the battery charging mode. To access its memory, iAUDIO must be disconnected first and reconnected. - If the device is connected through a USB HUB, the device wont be charged. The device must be connected directly to a USB port installed on a PC. - The safely remove hardware icon may not appear in windows 98/98SE. In such case, close JetAudio, then remove USB cable to disconnect. - If the following message appears, run Safely Remove Hardware after a few minutes.
3.The iAUDIO drive will appear as shown and can be accessed like a disk drive using Windows Explorer
Using iAUDIO U5
1. Quick Start Guide
3 Feature modes (Music, FM Radio, and Recorder), Settings mode, and Browser mode are available in iAUDIO U5. Press [MENU] Once: Music Browser Mode Press [MENU] Twice: Main Menu Use UP/DOWN buttons to navigate through music files, and use <<, PLAY, >> buttons to movie in/out of folders in music browser mode. To change the values for items in Settings mode, press up or down buttons and selected values are applied immediately. To cancel a task in mode selection screen or in settings mode and return to the standby screen, press a button.
Music Browser mode Preset mode Main Menu mode Settings mode
1. Connect the earphone/neckstrap module to the player 2. Pull Power switch upwards to turn on. 3. After the splash screen and logo is displayed, the standby screen appears. (It may start playback if automatic play is selected in Settings.) 4. Press the button to play or pause music 5. Pressing the buttons allows selection of previous and next tracks as well as fast forward and rewind the current track. 6. Pull power switch upwards during playback to turn off.
Moves to the upper folder Opens folder Plays music Opens folder Moves cursor up
Cancel Displays Popup menu Selects popup menu
Moves to the left Selects mode Moves to the right
Exit from settings option Chooses an item Applies changes Chooses and opens an item Moves cursor up Increases the value of selected item Cancels changes Moves to Default Mode Moves cursor down Lowers the value of selected item
2. Basic Controls
Moves cursor up
Displays Main Menu Moves cursor down
Displays Main Menu Moves Cursor Down
Moves to Default mode Volume Down
- In Music Mode: Music browser mode for file browsing - In FM Radio Mode: Preset mode for preset setting/searching
Using Advanced Features
1. Playing Audio Files
Playing Audio Using Section Repeat
1. After turning on the power, change the player mode to either Music 2. Press the button to play music files. 3. Press the button during playback to pause the media files 4. Press the buttons briefly to play previous or next tracks 5. During the playback, press the buttons to rewind or fast-forward the current track.
- If Auto play is enabled in the Settings menu, the player starts the playback upon power on. - If Resume is enabled in the Settings menu, iAUDIO will resume automatically playback from the position where it was previously turned off. - If a large number of files are stored in the player, it may take the player longer time to respond - The player can recognize maximum number of 2000 media files and 500 folders (This limit refers to playable music and does not include other file types)
Section Repeat allows you to set a specific part of a track to play repeatedly. 1.To enable section repeat feature, press REC during playback to set starting point (marked by A<> icon in LCD screen). 2. Press REC again to set stopping point. (A<>B icon appears) 3. Press REC again to cancel the feature.
- Minimum 1 second is required for section repeat to work. - Section repeat function will be cancelled if another track is selected.
2. Using FM Radio
Listening to FM Radio
1. Turn on the player and then select the FM Radio mode. 2. Press buttons briefly to change the tuning frequency at 0.1Mhz step 3. Press and hold buttons scan for the nearest FM radio station with good reception
- If unit turned off while listening, radio resumes upon restart. - Earphone wire works as an antenna for FM Radio signals and thus improves the quality of reception when straightened.
1.After the player is turned on, select the FM Radio mode. 2.Tune to the favorite station and press button to change to a PRESET list. 3.Press +, - buttons to highlight the desired preset channel and then press and hold button to open a pop-up window. 4.Select Save Current Ch to add the currently selected frequency to the PRESET list. 5.Listen to the preset channels by selecting Listen Ch or delete preset channels by selecting Delete Ch 6.In FM Radio tuning mode, pressing button switches to PRESET scanning mode and PRESET appears on the screen. 7.Pressing button in the PRESET scanning mode returns to FM tuning mode. The PRESET will disappear
-If there are no frequencies in Preset mode, the tuning frequency will not change. -Up to 24 frequencies can be stored in Preset Channels.
Setting and Using Preset Channels
Setting preset channels to favorite stations avoids manual scanning through all frequencies.
Recording FM Radio
1. After the player is turned on, select the FM Radio mode. 2. Set the tuning frequency to the desired radio station. 3. Press REC button to start recording. 4. Press REC button again during a record to stop recording. Scheduled Recording of FM Radio
3. Recording Using Built-In Microphone
Recording with Built-in Microphone
1.Turn on the power using the PLAY button and switch to the Record mode by pressing twice and then choosing Record icon. 2.Press REC button to start recording via built-in microphone 3. Press and hold button to start recording with the built-in microphone During recording, press the button to pause or resume the recording. 4. Press REC button again to stop recording. 5.To play recorded files, press button and listen on the earphones
1. Set the correct time on iAUDIO. Refer to section 4.6. 2. In the Settings / Timer menu, select the Wakeup Mode and set it to FM Recording 3. In the Settings / Timer menu, select the Wakeup Time and set it to desired time for recording. 4. The player will turn on automatically at the specified time and starts recording the FM Radio signal - To check recorded files, open Music Browser then move to Folder - RECORD. - During recording, battery consumption is higher than other playback operation. - Sound quality and capacity of recordings may vary according to reception quality and recording settings. See the section 4.8 for further information
- Play recorded files in Music mode to use enhanced playback features such as JetEffect, FF/RW, and etc. - Recorded files are automatically stored in RECORD-VOICE folder in the root directory. - Recorded files are stored in VOICE folder if recorded via built-in microphone. - To use JetEffect, Fast-forward and rewinding capabilities, the recorded audio files should be played in Music mode. - If the player was in Record mode before turning the player off, the player will start with the Record mode when turned on again. - Sound quality and capacity of recordings may vary according to reception quality and recording settings. See the section 4.8 for further information
Using Advanced Settings
1. Settings Menu List
Music FM Radio Voice Rec. Settings
2. Menu Screen
Time Setup Wakeup Mode Wakeup Time 24Hour Display Sleep Auto Off
In this screen, you can select a Music, FM Radio, Recording or Settings mode.
Equalizer BBE Mach3Bass MP Enhance 3D Surround Pan Play Speed Advanced EQ JetEffect Preset Boundary Repeat Shuffle Language Title Play Time Scrollspeed Auto Display Off Brightness
Skip length Scan speed Resume Auto play Fade in Voice bps FM bps Mic volume Stereo Auto Scan Region Load Default USB Connection Format HDS Information
3. JetEffect 3. JetEffect
1. Equalizer Use the preset settings or manually set 5 Band Equalizers(EQ). Preset EQ settings include Normal, Rock, Metal, Jazz, Classic, Pop, and Vocal. Each preset EQ can be edited to match users preference. 2. BBE BBE is the sound effect that provides clear music 3. Mach3Bass Mach3Bass is the base booster that enhances super low-end bass. 4. MP Enhance MP Enhance: Sound effect that compensate for missing sound segments 5. 3D Surround 3D Surround provides three dimensional sound effects. 6. Pan Pan adjusts the left and right volume balance.
Recording FM Radio System
- Settings menu may change after a firmware upgrade. - Display language in the Setting menu is described in section 4.5 - Settings menu operation is described in section 2.1- 2.2
7. Play Speed Adjusts playback speed. *not available for music files with sampling rate lower than 44KHz 8. Advanced EQ Adjusts EQ values.and select SAVE or LOAD. 9. JetEffect Preset To save current JetEffect settings or load the previous settings, press and hold select SAVE or LOAD. button to open pop-up window and 3. Shuffle Within the range specied in Boundary, random playback can be set. If enabled, les within the range are randomly played.
1. Language Set the display language to use in iAUDIO U5. 2. Title Sets how the player displays le names on the screen. Choose ID3 tag to display tag information (artist, title) while playback. 3. Play Time Sets how it displays time information of current file. Play time shows elapsed playback time and Remaining shows the remaining playback time. 4. Scrollspeed Sets the scrolling speed for text displayed on the screen. Larger the number, faster the scrolling speed. 5. Auto Display Off Sets how long the screen stays on before it turns off. If there is no operation for a specified period of time, the screen will automatically turn off. 6. Brightness Sets the screen brightness
- Excessive JetEffect settings may strain sound and generate noise - For further information regarding JetEffect, refer to BBE MP at our website: www.COWON.com
4. Play Mode
1. Boundary This function sets the various ranges of files and folders. Boundary function is not available for recorded MP3 files. All: Plays all tracks in all folders Single: Plays only one track. Folder: Plays files in the current folder If tracks in DPL or Bookmark are played, boundary will automatically be set to the list. When a track in a general folder is played while tracks in DPL or Bookmark are being played, it automatically changes to normal boundary settings. 2. Repeat Within the range specified in the boundary, repeat playback can be set.
1. Time Setup Sets the current time Sets the correct time setting for alarm and scheduled recording. 2. Wakeup Mode Automatically turns on the player at the specified wakeup time. Music Alarm plays music and for FM Alarm settings, the last station to be listened to will run in Radio mode. For FM recording, it records the last radio frequency from the preset time during the specified time. 3. Wakeup Time Sets the time to automatically turn the player on. Once sets the alarm for one time use, Daily sets the alarm for daily use. Duration is the period of time during which the alarm will stay on. 4. 24Hour Display Displays clock in 24h format. 5. Sleep Automatically turns off the power after a specified time. After the preset time has passed, the player will automatically turn off even if a file is being played at the time. 6. Auto off When the player is stopped and no action is taken after a specified time has elapsed, this feature will automatically turn off the player. This function does not operate during playback.
1. Skip Length Sets the length of playback time skipped when the 2. Scan Speed Sets the speed of Fast Forward/Rewind when the The faster the speed, the quicker scanning is possible. buttons are pressed shortly. buttons are pressed and held.
3. Resume Saves the location of the music file played at the last power off. If enabled, when the player is turned on, it automatically plays from the last position where it was turned off. 4. Auto play Automatically plays files after the player is turned on. When enabled, the track last played will automatically start. When Resume is enabled, the player automatically plays from the last position. 5. Fade in Gradually increases volume when resuming playback after stop or pause. Sets how long it takes to increase the volume.
1. Voice bps Sets the audio quality of the le recorded with the built-in microphone. Files recording through the microphone are set to Mono by default. The higher Kbps, the better the recording quality is, but le size also becomes larger. 2. FM bps Sets the quality of the le being recorded during FM Radio listening. Also sets the quality of scheduled FM recording le. The higher Kbps, the better the recording quality is, but le size also becomes larger. 3. Mic Volume Adjusts the volume level of audio recorded through the built-in microphone
2. USB Connection Available disk modes to choose from: MSC (Mass Storage Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) 3. Format Formats internal memory or HDS space. HDS (Hashed Data Structure) stores MS DRM10 related licensing information. 4. HDS Information Displays the usage of HDS. Consider Formatting HDS, if insufficient space is available.
9. FM Radio
Version : The current version of Firmware Total Space : Total memory capacity Free Space : Currently available memory capacity
1. Stereo Select from Stereo and Mono when listening to FM Radio. Radio broadcasts that only support Mono will not support the Stereo feature. 2. Auto Scan Automatically scans for FM frequency channels and sets to preset channels. 3. Region Selects the country in which you are listening to FM radio 1. Load default setting Reconfigure all settings except for language to default.
1. Firmware Upgrade
3. When, initialized, the Language setting screen will appear when the player is turned on.
Firmware is a program embedded in the hardware. By upgrading firmware, features of the product can be enhanced and any bugs be fixed. Performance and menus may change after a firmware upgrade. Some beta versions of firmware may contain program bugs that will be fixed in the later versions. You can find the current firmware version of your player by selecting Settings-Information. Upon upgrading the firmware, any data stored in the player may be lost, so it is recommended that data be backed up before upgrading the firmware. The method of installing firmware may vary with each version. Be sure to check out further information regarding firmware on our website:www.COWON.com.
2. Resetting the Player to Factory Default Settings
iAUDIO U5s settings can be deleted and re-initialized to Factory default settings.
1. After the player is turned on, select the Music mode. 2. If a music file plays, pause at the playback screen and do as shown below.
- If the player operates improperly, press the RESET button at the bottom of the player and then restart the player. If malfunction continues, please initialize the player to Factory Default setting.
Q I am still confused even after reading the manual. & A Our website www.COWON.com provides support for users of iAUDIO products with FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and
beginners guide for our products. Users are strongly encouraged to check out our website for further information regarding product usages and software upgrades and patches. For individual inquiries, please contact us on-line as we will try to help you best we can.
Q & A Q & A
There is too much noise in my recordings. iAUDIO U5 uses ultra-small embedded microphone, so it may be more susceptible to noise during recordings. Characters on the display are corrupted. Reset the language using Settings-Display-Language menu and set display format to File name using Settings-DisplayTitle menu. If the problem continues, reset the player to its Factory Default setting. Some special fonts may not display perfectly.
Q I cannot turn on the player. & A Charge the battery fully in case the battery charge has been drained. If the battery is weak it may take a few seconds to power
on. If the player does not respond at all, first disconnect all USB and power cables, and then press the RESET button located at the bottom of the player. RESET button simply powers off the player and does not affect the player in any other way.
Q Computer cannot recognize the player when connected. & When connecting to the PC with a USB cable, please turn the player on before connecting USB cable. If it is still not A recognized by the PC, press RESET button next to the USB jack on the bottom of the player.
Q Buttons wont work. & A Check to see if Power Switch is on HOLD position. Q The player is on but there is no sound. & A Check if the volume is set to 0
Connection to an external USB Hub may not be stable due to its low power. iAUDIO should be connected directly to a PCs USB port. iAUDIO may require additional driver installation for Windows 98 users. See section 1.7
Check if the player has any music file stored in its disk. Damaged music files may not play or play improperly. Check the connection of the earphones to the iAUDIO. Loose or blocked connection can cause inadequate contact between earphone jack and the iAUDIO.
Q Player is not recognized by COWON MediaCenter - JetAudio and No iAUDIO found message appears. & A Check to see if the player is recognized in Windows Explorer when it is properly connected to PC. iAUDIO must be
recognized in the Windows for it to work with COWON MediaCenter - JetAudio. Additional driver installation is required for Windows 98 and 98 SE users. See section 1.7. Within COWON MediaCenter - JetAudio, set Settings-Device to match your iAUDIO model.
Q Video wont play. & A iAUDIO U5 does not support video Q FM Radio does not work. & iAUDIO does not have a separate antenna. Instead it uses earphone wire to receive FM Radio signals. Stretching the wires A
Q Memory capacity of the player is different or smaller than specified. & The memory capacity indicated by Windows Explorer may be different from that indicated by the memory manufacturer. A iAUDIO uses some area in the drive for system operation. Therefore, the actual available capacity is somewhat reduced
after excluding system area.
may enhance the reception quality.FM reception quality may vary by location. If reception issue continues after multiple tries from different locations, please contact our online customer support (http://www.COWON.com).
Q iAUDIO does not play properly when memory is full. & For iAUDIO to function properly, it requires at least 5 MB of space for saving settings and other system files. A
RP-21FA37A Wixl 125 Extensa-5420 Pentax K10D Edition C-S5VL Finepix F700 N97 Mini RTI A5 29PT8607 12 Roland PK-5 DSC-S600 EZ800-S KAC-6404 K8M800-m7A ZWF1020W Easyshare P850 LN-R238W WA90F3 VI-12-18 114-30 GXT450 Mf4150 UN40C5000 32PW9527-12 WYR-G54 8700V Giro Full R540-JA01 AX-490 NN-A574sbbpq F1275 DM-80 MC-50 10 3 AL1511 F250-2006 Nuvi 660 32LC4 Thinkpad R30 IP-422 E-PL1 SR-T 303 C29F45N A35-S159 Monitor 3000 Inspiron B120 B7300 EKV5600 32LB75 P1000 Sdvia Hdcsdx1 TSR50 LCD2090UXI L1720B A5 V101 11622 CDX-L490EE 3710F SGH-B520V DPF-D710 SLV-750HF Kangoo DBX IEQ SFP 630 ICF-CL70 Series RDR-HXD795 HQ382 MHC-RG551S R-654M DM PRO Bizhub 501 BW333-B2 ML-2851ND ETS MS7000 KX-T7425 CDN35 Jornada 720 Deskpro EX DVD-S29 WS-28M206V PD-S705 CE108KF PRO 4000 SRS-T1 DPL680 Server PF50 Pf60 Audiophile CW-21Z573N FW530C PM-A820 63025 Perception 120 Wintv-PVR-USB2 A7V333 GZ-MG255E Soundcraft EFX8
manuel d'instructions, Guide de l'utilisateur | Manual de instrucciones, Instrucciones de uso | Bedienungsanleitung, Bedienungsanleitung | Manual de Instruções, guia do usuário | инструкция | návod na použitie, Užívateľská príručka, návod k použití | bruksanvisningen | instrukcja, podręcznik użytkownika | kullanım kılavuzu, Kullanım | kézikönyv, használati útmutató | manuale di istruzioni, istruzioni d'uso | handleiding, gebruikershandleiding
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101