Difficulty: Legend AI Specs: Acer Aspire V17 Nitro i7 4720HQ 12GB Ram Geforce GTX 960M / 860M.
(With BONUS Footage: Fix Overheating Laptops) If your laptop power jack doesn't seem to work any more or moving the power ...
www.compufixgb.com Laptop no longer charging or do you have to hold the charger to the charging port? This video shows you ...
How to Upgrade the BIOS
Your netbook computer M1022 uses EPROM Flash BIOS chip that allows you to easily upgrade the BIOS program. When you update the BIOS, any customized settings you made are lost. Please go to Gigabyte website at http://www.gigabyte.com.tw for the latest BIOS upgrade utility.
To upgrade the BIOS on DOS:
Insert the disk with BIOS updated into the diskette drive. (USB FDD, USB Flash Disc, or Floppy Disc) 1. 2. Power on the system with the diskette in the diskette drive. On the DOS prompt, type the following command.
A:\>FLASHIT.EXE XXXXXX.WPH /mc /all or A:\>XXXXXX.BAT (Batch file for BIOS file)
3. 4. The system is now automatically running the BIOS upgrade. The system will shut down automatically when the upgrade is completed.
To upgrade the BIOS on Windows:
1. Please go to Gigabyte website at http://www.gigabyte.com.tw (Home > Support > Notebook > BIOS > BIOS of M1022) to download BIOS upgrade tool (InsydeFlash) and the latest BIOS upgrade utility. Unzip the file you have downloaded. ...
How to make a bootable flash disk and to flash BIOS
Tools to prepare: 1. Flash Disk (It is strongly recommended to use usb flash drive less than 512M for better
2. NB or PC which can connect to the Internet
Procedures: 1. Connect the NB to the Internet, and then download the file from the link given below: http://www.msi.com/service/download/nbdriver-17247.html
2. Press "Save".
3. After pressing "Save", save the file on the desktop and then extract the zip file.
4. Extract the exe file and then select "Diskimage" and "Floppy" and browser.
5. Select "fdboot" and press" open".
6. Confirm whether the drive corresponds to the USB flash disk. If correct, press "OK" directly.
7. Press "Exit" to exit system. Now, have you bootable flashdrive.
8. Open web browser, connect to MSI official website and download the corresponding BIOS.
How to flash MSI Notebook BIOS under DOS mode
Special Note: The BIOS files provided here are exclusively for MSI products. MSI takes no responsibility for ...
BIOS Beep Codes
When a computer is first turned on, or rebooted, its BIOS performs a power-on self test (POST) to test the system's hardware, checking to make sure that all of the system's hardware components are working properly. Under normal circumstances, the POST will display an error message; however, if the BIOS detects an error before it can access the video card, or if there is a problem with the video card, it will produce a series of beeps, and the pattern of the beeps indicates what kind of problem the BIOS has detected. Because there are many brands of BIOS, there are no standard beep codes for every BIOS. The two mostused brands are AMI (American Megatrends International) and Phoenix. Below are listed the beep codes for AMI systems, and here are the beep codes for Phoenix systems.
AMI Beep Codes
Beep Code 1 beep 2 beeps 3 beeps 4 beeps 5 beeps 6 beeps 7 beeps 8 beeps 9 beeps 10 beeps 11 beeps 1 long beep, 2 short 1 long beep, 3 short 1 long beep, 8 short Continuous beeping Meaning DRAM refresh ...